American Passenger Railway

Sub forum for Paper Railroads

American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 pm

This newly-formed company will be taking over 3 Amtrak Routes: The Empire Builder, Southwest Chief & Coast Starlight. We WILL be running them for a profit. We have the same relationship with the freight railroads as Amtrak, as givin to us by the Federal Govt. We will NOT be stopping in little towns, instead our business model will be one of a tour of the Western US, not meant to be a mode of transport between Seattle & Minot, or whatever little town you please.

APR is a subsidiary of Marquette Rail Holdings, Inc, owners of Marquette Rail & Marquette Rail Innovation, LLC
Last edited by Saturnalia on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Ypsi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:01 pm

NO lets not get too out of hand with the paper RRs... its amtrak with a new name (and worse business plan :lol: )

anyway yeah Im giving my big N O
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:NO lets not get too out of hand with the paper RRs... its amtrak with a new name (and worse business plan :lol: )

anyway yeah Im giving my big N O

Why?

Losers
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby DT&I » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 pm

MQT3001 wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:NO lets not get too out of hand with the paper RRs... its amtrak with a new name (and worse business plan :lol: )

anyway yeah Im giving my big N O

Why?

Losers

Lol becuase we all have our own passenger business with our freight railroads.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Ypsi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:NO lets not get too out of hand with the paper RRs... its amtrak with a new name (and worse business plan :lol: )

anyway yeah Im giving my big N O

Why?

Losers

Lol becuase we all have our own passenger business with our freight railroads.

becasue the LOSERS like AMTRAK! :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby AARR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Passenger trains are not real trains :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 30778
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:04 pm

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:NO lets not get too out of hand with the paper RRs... its amtrak with a new name (and worse business plan :lol: )

anyway yeah Im giving my big N O

Why?

Losers

Lol becuase we all have our own passenger business with our freight railroads.

None of these run on YOUR routes.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I guess I could always go the route of this being a subsidiary of MQT :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby DT&I » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:11 pm

But the trains would be competing with ours, we all have trains into Chicago, Detroit, and other cities, maybe it was a bad a idea to ask us :lol:
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 pm

DT&I wrote:But the trains would be competing with ours, we all have trains into Chicago, Detroit, and other cities, maybe it was a bad a idea to ask us :lol:

IT dosn't replace ALL of Amtrak, just those 3 routes :roll:

Because it was suppsed to be a new railway, I needed approval...I'll just make a subsidiary and all will be well.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby DT&I » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 pm

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:But the trains would be competing with ours, we all have trains into Chicago, Detroit, and other cities, maybe it was a bad a idea to ask us :lol:

IT dosn't replace ALL of Amtrak, just those 3 routes :roll:

Because it was suppsed to be a new railway, I needed approval...I'll just make a subsidiary and all will be well.

Yea if you made it a subsidiary then itd be already a part of an existing railroad, whih i dont think you need approval for it to exist :wink:
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Ypsi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:17 pm

why would amtrak give you its 3 best routes anyway... :P
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:19 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:why would amtrak give you its 3 best routes anyway... :P

All 3 are total economic LOSERS

We will look to the Texas Eagle, Sunset Limited, and California Zephyr if we can turn a profit on these.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Ypsi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 pm

MQT3001 wrote:All 3 are total economic LOSERS


All from Amtrak
Empire Builder remains the most popular long-distance train in the Amtrak system. The train had a total revenue of $53,773,711 in FY2011, a decrease of 8.1% from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Coast Starlight carried over 425,000 passengers, a decrease of 4% from FY2010. The train had a total revenue of $39,997,952 during FY2011, a 6.9% increase from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Southwest Chief carried a total over 350,000 passengers, a 3.7% increase from FY 2010. The train had a total of revenue of $44,184,060 during FY 2011, a 6.2% increase from FY 2010.


nuff said
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Ypsi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:All 3 are total economic LOSERS


All from Amtrak
Empire Builder remains the most popular long-distance train in the Amtrak system. The train had a total revenue of $53,773,711 in FY2011, a decrease of 8.1% from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Coast Starlight carried over 425,000 passengers, a decrease of 4% from FY2010. The train had a total revenue of $39,997,952 during FY2011, a 6.9% increase from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Southwest Chief carried a total over 350,000 passengers, a 3.7% increase from FY 2010. The train had a total of revenue of $44,184,060 during FY 2011, a 6.2% increase from FY 2010.


nuff said



but calling them all loseres in unfair MQT.... because ALL amtrak trains are big fat LOSERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:54 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:All 3 are total economic LOSERS


All from Amtrak
Empire Builder remains the most popular long-distance train in the Amtrak system. The train had a total revenue of $53,773,711 in FY2011, a decrease of 8.1% from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Coast Starlight carried over 425,000 passengers, a decrease of 4% from FY2010. The train had a total revenue of $39,997,952 during FY2011, a 6.9% increase from FY2010.


During fiscal year 2011, the Southwest Chief carried a total over 350,000 passengers, a 3.7% increase from FY 2010. The train had a total of revenue of $44,184,060 during FY 2011, a 6.2% increase from FY 2010.


nuff said



but calling them all loseres in unfair MQT.... because ALL amtrak trains are big fat LOSERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
We are going to turn these into Economic Winners.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby AARR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:04 pm

MQT3001 wrote:We are going to turn these into Economic Winners.

Removing the vote does notcchange the outcome. Your passenger trains were voted down :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 30778
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby DT&I » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:21 pm

AARR wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:We are going to turn these into Economic Winners.

Removing the vote does notcchange the outcome. Your passenger trains were voted down :lol:

+1 AARR :lol:
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm

I vote down.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: None of your business......

Re: American Passenger Railway

Unread postby conrailman75 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

My Amtrak trains only go to Chicago so I don't have a problem with the proposal since his trains would connect with mine at Chicago, so while it doesn't matter now, I vote yes. Besides, my PC has NO plans to run any passenger trains of their own.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Next

Return to Paper Railroads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

x