Appalachian Western Railway

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Appalachian Western Railway

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Awesome! It may not be water level like CSX's but is shorter and I'm pretty sure that AC traction power is meant to tackle tough grades.
Do you want to use our power? We dont have much AC power.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCtrainguy17 »

Well it depends on how many trains a day we're talking about, if it's more than two each way daily we would need to use some TSCR power. At least until my 2012 orders are filled. And with London, Ont. ceasing production and Muncie busy with heritage units, it doesn't look like my SD70ACe's are going to arrive until November or December of 2012 :(

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Well it depends on how many trains a day we're talking about, if it's more than two each way daily we would need to use some TSCR power. At least until my 2012 orders are filled. And with London, Ont. ceasing production and Muncie busy with heritage units, it doesn't look like my SD70ACe's are going to arrive until November or December of 2012 :(
its about 12-17 trains for NY.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Well it depends on how many trains a day we're talking about, if it's more than two each way daily we would need to use some TSCR power. At least until my 2012 orders are filled. And with London, Ont. ceasing production and Muncie busy with heritage units, it doesn't look like my SD70ACe's are going to arrive until November or December of 2012 :(
Oh geez that's a lot, well looks like the AW will be leasing some power in the mean time. Does DTCX still exist? If so how about 30 of those AC4400CW's? They'll be assigned to pool service along with a few (you choose the amount) TSCR locomotives?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Oh geez that's a lot, well looks like the AW will be leasing some power in the mean time. Does DTCX still exist? If so how about 30 of those AC4400CW's? They'll be assigned to pool service along with a few (you choose the amount) TSCR locomotives?
Yup DTCX will have them ready by July 4th and we'll send some ES44DC's and some SD70M-2's.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Yup DTCX will have them ready by July 4th and we'll send some ES44DC's and some SD70M-2's.
Ok sounds good.
Might have to start a expanded capacity project soon, gonna have to run it thru the board first though :lol:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

We'll help fund it if you want, we can put the auto facility in ND on hold.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Last night the CEO of Appalachian Western Railway (me) called an emergency board meeting for noon today. Here's what was on the agenda and what the results are.
The first thing to come up was the capacity problem on the ex Erie Lackawanna main line across NY, eastern PA, and NJ. After some heated debate we decided that the best option for the long run is to use rebuild the abandoned ex DL&W tracks west of Binghampton, NY to Corning NY, this is what we are calling Phase 1. The next phase, Phase 2, is to double track the Lackawanna Cut Off in Northwestern New Jersey and upgrade the Boonton Line, that is the eastern connection for the Lackawanna Cut Off, to 6,000ft sidings. Phase 2 will be completed by the end of September 2012 if started before July 1, 2012. Phase 1 is to be completed by Febuary of 2013 as it involves building 65+ miles of brand new track.
The next subject that came up is funding both projects. The board has decided that Phase 2 can be funded without any outside help. But for Phase 1 the AW will be applying for a grant from the state of New York that would pay 45% of the $12 billion cost while the AW would pay for the other 55%. Thanks DT&I for the offer to help fund, but it's not our policy to take loans from a competitor (albeit in a partnership) for fear we might end up like the US government. :lol:
Until Phase 2 is completed all of TSCR's NY bound trains are going to have to run the already double tracked ex WM to Hagerstown, MD and then north on trackage rights over NS to Allentown, PA via Harrisburg.
Would you still like to interchange at Cleveland or have the TSCR take the trains all the way to Pittsburg to interchange?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I'm very late to the party, but I'm okay with you joining as well. The only thing I have to give up on my system was the portion of the ex EL that I had claimed from Decatur to Huntington, IN but since I only ran a local train on it, I'm okay with losing that particular line. I connect with you at Lima, Decatur, North Judson, Bolivar, Kouts, Chicago, Ohio City, Mansfield, and Pittsburgh(I own Conway yard).
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Oh we can connect with you at Chicago as well. As for phase 2, we have tracks from Cleveland to Pittsburgh(Double Track) so whatever is better for you.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Our ex EL line to Cleveland is only single track and the ex Chesapeake Western north-south line (fully fictional) that ends in Lorain is flooded with coal trains. So it would be better for the interchange to take place in Pittsburg. Will add re-double tracking the Cleveland Secondary to Phase 2 of the capacity expansion plan. I wish Erie Lackawanna hadn't single tracked most of their routes, but then it wouldnt be as much fun :lol:
Last edited by TCtrainguy17 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Our ex EL line to Cleveland is only single track and the ex Chesapeake Western north-south line (fully fictional) that ends in Lodi is flooded with coal trains. So it would be better for the interchange to take place in Pittsburg. Will add re-double tracking the Cleveland Secondary to Phase 2 of the capacity expansion plan. I wish Erie Lackawanna hadn't single tracked most of their routes, but then it wouldnt be as much fun :lol:
We could also route them south via Columbus and then east to Pittsburgh if you want?

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Whichever is shorter timewise. Eventually when Phase 2 is complete you can move the more time sensitive tains to Cleveland then the AW will take them from there. But until Phase 1 is complete some will have to stay on the ex WM.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Whichever is shorter timewise. Eventually when Phase 2 is complete you can move the more time sensitive tains to Cleveland then the AW will take them from there. But until Phase 1 is complete some will have to stay on the ex WM.
Hmm well it depends on the conjestion in the Cleveland area, CSX,NS, and TSCR can get tangled up at times. We'll probably have to send them via Columbus becuase getting them onto the Chicago Line at Bowling Green might be a pain with the 90+ trains a day. Usually whatever we have in Detroit at the time will be the power on the trains. We'll have the list up soon.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Ok the columbus routing sounds good. The AW eagerly awaits your traffic. Also if we could get those DTCX AC4400CW's a week early so as to position them in New York that would be great.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Ok the columbus routing sounds good. The AW eagerly awaits your traffic. Also if we could get those DTCX AC4400CW's a week early so as to position them in New York that would be great.
Ok you wanted 30 right? We're only able to give you 23 a week early becuase the other 7 are getting the paint brush.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah 30 is what we signed up for and thats fine, we only needed 15 a week early to power the first few westbounds.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Yeah 30 is what we signed up for and thats fine, we only needed 15 a week early to power the first few westbounds.
Ok I'll have a drawing of them up tonight.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

If you're routing traffic out of Columbus, my PC has a fully double tracked mainline from Columbus to Pittsburgh, the ex PRR Pan Handle mainline, available that has lots of excess capacity right now to be able to host run through trains from your AW, SO, I am offering you trackage rights on my railroad from Columbus to Pittsburgh. If you so desire to take advantage of this offer, just let me know and we can work out the details from there.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Conrailman75 I'm going to take you up on this offer. It is definetly a faster way to Pittsburg from the southern West Virginia coalfields.