Hillsdale, Clinton & Eastern

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Hillsdale, Clinton & Eastern

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

DT&I wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote: For the saline industrial plant,we are beginning talks with Midwest Renewable Energy LLC. of Sutherland N.E of possibly building an ethanol processing plant in saline. Possible carload uptake of 2 to 3thousand a year.
Deal fell through, Midwest decided to keep the plant in Wisconsin for political reasons. We will keep the search alive though.
6 of the remaining 10-6 hulks have been sold to private interests in Mexico. They are being loaded onto speciality flats and interchanged with Wabash Central south of tecumseh, for shipment to K.C, then KCS to KCS De Mecico at the tex-mex border.
Detroit Southern owns that line now. WCSR was broken up.
Ok, Detroit southern it is then.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

ConrailMan5 wrote:6 of the remaining 10-6 hulks have been sold to private interests in Mexico. They are being loaded onto speciality flats and interchanged with Wabash Central south of tecumseh, for shipment to K.C, then KCS to KCS De Mecico at the tex-mex border.
We can interchange there, if you would like. I'll have a crew pick them up and drop them in Adrian, where the former WSCR (now NS, I believe?) can take them to KC.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:6 of the remaining 10-6 hulks have been sold to private interests in Mexico. They are being loaded onto speciality flats and interchanged with Wabash Central south of tecumseh, for shipment to K.C, then KCS to KCS De Mecico at the tex-mex border.
We can interchange there, if you would like. I'll have a crew pick them up and drop them in Adrian, where the former WSCR (now NS, I believe?) can take them to KC.
Actually DT&C owned it all the way to Adrian where there's a small yard and an interchange with the TSCR. I'm going to draw up a map really soon. It seems we need one lol
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Just an update for the paper railroad foamers out there. Due to the harvest getting underway, and a power shortage, the HCE will be pressing our two steamers into revenue freight service, as well as leasing from the AA 2 gp35's. these units will enter service on August 1, and be in service until harvest ends.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut