Hillsdale, Clinton & Eastern

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Hillsdale, Clinton & Eastern

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Train schedule has arrived

Train 505 works between saline and hillsdale serving the interchanges and customers along the way, the flips as 506 to work back to saline (Tue-Thurs-Sat-Mon...)
Train 400 works toledo to jackson and returns as 402. (M-W-F-S....)

YJAX5 Works the yard and industries around jackson As needed.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Hillsdale clinton and eastern has aquired four ex Cuyhoga valley FPA4's. will be in transit from cleveland to AA shops tomorrow.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Hillsdale clinton and eastern has aquired several stored units from GVT. D-L C420 41,RS11's 324, 1804,C424 2409,C425 2457
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

the RS1's have rolled out and are headed up the Saline interhange off of the AA as an extra TA-X

train TA-X to depart Toledo at 2200 AA SD70ACe 100, AA box car, HEC RS1 1500, RS1 1501, RS1 1502, HEC Caboose 65969, HEC caboose 65970, AA box car
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Extra 55 west is getting ready to depart for mansfield, as soon as AA extra with the RS1's and coboose arrive. RS11's 55&56 leading the RS1's with the Ballast and rail train. with cabbese on the rear.
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

TA-X has arrived, So Extra 55 west is departing from saline
-Kurt Vonnegut

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

You only have to worry about rehabbing the portion of the Hillsdale line from North Adams to Jackson, my Penn Central already rebuilt that short portion from Hillsdale to North Adams to accomodate heavier cars when we owned the North Adams Branch, so its up to class two standards already.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

conrailman75 wrote:You only have to worry about rehabbing the portion of the Hillsdale line from North Adams to Jackson, my Penn Central already rebuilt that short portion from Hillsdale to North Adams to accomodate heavier cars when we owned the North Adams Branch, so its up to class two standards already.
I figured that I would have at least some of the line up to snuff already,
Thanks
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

505 has begun it's 1st run, heading west to spot cars at the grain elevators along the route

RS1's 1500, 1501, and 1502 leading.
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

HC&E has aquired former burlington junction C415 to serve as a yard switcher in mansfield
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

All of your Units will be done by Sunday this week

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

So updating progress of the HC&E....

Track work is on schedule(?). most of the hillsdale-saline line has been rehabilitated. and the jax-tol line is doing fine.

The shop complex/roundhouse/yard at mansfield is complete, ready for use.

big news is the aqusition of former NYC Mohawk #2933 from the St.Louis museum of transportation. It is to be restored to opperating condition and will be available for lease. It is to be restored in house at the mansfield shop It will also run on the new excursion service( more on that later).

Also, a business car fleet compromising of former NYC coach #2938, NYC twin unit diner, and an wx via dome/end coach has been aquired. to be restored at AA toledo shops.

For the excursions, several former DL&W commuter coaches have been aquired to be refurbished at AA toledo shops
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Projects are done.

Service on the jackson branch is to begin tomorrow. line is at class 2 standards.

The yard and shop complex is finished at mansfield. Included in that is a 20 stall roundhouse plus backshop, as well as amodern 2 track building for running repairs.

The steam shop is Up and running, as of now occuping the last four stalls of the round house, and is ready to accept contract steam services.

As for the Mohawk, it is almost complete, just some minor cosmetic stuff left tot do. The first excursion is set to take place in early august, On HCE and AA trackage. more details as they come available.
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

HCE has aquired Ex NYC 0-6-0 6894 from the whitewater valley RR
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Well,with the grain season comming to a close, i thought it was a good time for an update.

Stored: c-420 41, c424 2409, and c425 2457.

The NYC o-6-0 project is finished, both steam engines are involved in the fall colors tour.Tours depart from Ypsilanti (Mohawk, 3 commuter coaches, diner, dome obs.) saturday at 3' oclock from AA ypsilanti station for a 4 hour round trip to hillsdale and back, Leaving at 2 is the 2 hour Abbrevited trip to mansfield and return behind the O-6-0, 3 commuter coaches and a streamlined coach.

An identical schedule begins in toledo on sundays, travelin to jackson and return.
Contract Shop
The contract shops are still ready to accept rebuild projects from outside sources.
Also, the new project will be the restoration to service of recently aquired Ex. conrail snowplow 64599 & ex SP jordan spreader 4024
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote: Today, the Ann Arbor Anounced that it will be running a Santa Train with the HCE, the train will travel over the HCE and AA System stoping in various cities along the route that has yet to be determined. the HCEs Mohawk NYC 2933 will lead the santa train followed by the HCEs FPA-4 and the AAs F7 both in special wraps.

wraps and timetable to be releaced soon.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

The HCE has aquired a former milwaukee RD baggage car for the santa train, as well as converting a 65 foot boxcar to serve as a tool car, to be painted HCE lightning stripe yellow and red
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:The AA has been contracted to do all engine and track maintince on the HC&E, we will do engine inspections and tune ups in our Toledo shops
terminating this contract, My people have the ability to do that in our roundhouse.
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

In other news, the HCE has aquired 2 HH660's from Gopher Scrap of Mankato MN and Behr Iron and steel of Portage Indiana in trade for two also recentally purchased EX Modesto and Empire traction 70 tonners. Also purchased were the 2 from RELCO. Should be ready for interchange at AA Ottawa yard later tonight.
-Kurt Vonnegut