Traverse & Petoskey Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Traverse & Petoskey Railroad

Unread post by Clay320 »

Here we go a paper railroad for you guys.

I present the Traverse & Petoskey Railroad, T&PRR ,or just T&P. The T&P is set in the present although not necessarily "right now" if you know what I mean. The T&P is a passenger company formed by the GLC to operate between Traverse City and Petoskey. Additionally most other excursions on the GLC will be handled by the T&P. T&P is for profit business and is more a Tourist/scenic line than a operating museum.

I have been so lucky as to been appointed General Manager of this operation and will be getting things underway shortly.
You all are the stock holders, you will be able to offer your input and affect some of what the T&P becomes.

For now I have a ton of red tape to get through to get this operation ready to roll. The wheels on the first train are expected to turn the first weekend in April (GLC wants this hopeful cash cow producing asap). Later tonight I am suppose to get a list of the equipment we will have available to us. Also in the near future we should get a look at our logo.

That's all for now, I just got a call that our offices are going to be in the TC depot. I'm going to need a to get a desk in there quick so I can consequently bury it in paper work!

Should have a update tonight.

-Clay320
Gen Manager - Traverse & Petoskey (paper) Railroad
Last edited by Clay320 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Traverse & Petoskey Railroad

Unread post by AARR »

There's a rumor the ex-C&O line between TC and Petoskey will be rebuilt :wink:

Looking forward to reading your updates :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Ok Just got off the phone with the Owosso Shops. We have several options for motive power.

I'm told that we will for sure get one of the TSBY painted GP-35s to give us at least one solid engine. This loco will be dedicated to T&P operations only and won't travel over the rest of the GLC.

There are also three other units available

1. The NW2 is available to have its moth balls cleaned out and sent up here.

2. I was assured that the shop could Frankenstein-mish-mash the two high hoods to get one running.

3. C&M said we can lease TSBY RS-1 2394 as long as the GLC Shops are willing to do the work to get her up and running.

Now here's the interactive part, what loco do you want T&P to get? The NW2, a Highhood, or the TSBY RS-1? YOU as the stockholders will make this decision. I'll give it a few days an we will go with the most popular unit.

After the Stockholders choose one unit, I will choose a second out of the remain two options. What we end up with will be the motive power for the T&P.

Part two of the interactive segment is which of the TSPY painted 35s do you want on the line? Again I'll give it a few days and go with the popular vote.

Right now I need to start looking at passenger cars, but we'll hash that out later.

-Clay320
Gen Manager - Traverse and Petoskey (paper) Railroad

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Now I have a question: are you in the senario with ypsi, dti, michigan, and I with our paper RRs?

Because I own the C&M and their TSBY RS1

you can have it if you are, I vote for it anyway.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Originally no, I did see the thread about that though. I'll look it over again and we'll see.

Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

Sounds like it'll be cool! And happy birthday :mrgreen:
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

@MQT, yeah I'm in your guys' scenario now, and I'll take the RS1 pending it wins the vote. :)

@Michigan Railfan, thanks! :D

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Aright Looks like we get a low nose GP-35, the RS1, and my pick, the high hood.

The LH GP-35 and RS1 will both be based in Traverse City as that should be the busiest end and also so there is a standby if the Alco gives us trouble. The HH GP-35 will be in Petoskey.

Next thing on the way in is some rolling stock, Need to call Ozark Railcar to get some prices.

Also I need to run to the Big Box store to get another desk, the first one has disappeared under a mountain of paperwork.

Looking ahead here's my "to do" list

-Talk with the state about a grant to get the track upgraded.
-Meet with City of Petoskey about putting in a runaround track at the Depot
-Hire Train Crew
-Get Ads in the local paper
-Contact AA railroad on when they are going to be running freight
-Get graphics guy working on logos
-More stuff I probably forgot

-Clay320
Gen Manager - Traverse & Petoskey (paper) Railroad

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Sorry I missed the vote but I like the winners :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

you can use as many railcars from the MQT as you need....we're always happy to help. Maybe we could get something going becuase the MQT operates a lot of the same kind of stuff you run (or at least we will start this year). We sent out a lot of our RS1 parts with the loco....boxcar full of random parts and a depressed flatcar with a whole prime mover...we give the lot....we still have 2 RS1 prime movers ready for restoration :lol: ....we have 40 old boxcars in a small yard in wyoming full of replacement parts for all our locos... :mrgreen:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Hello? Was this a 2-day mid-march spoof or is this thing still there? It's been sooo long I'm now 14! Geez, I'm getting old..... :mrgreen: :lol:

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

MQT, when you turn my age, which is 37, then you can say you feel old :wink:
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:MQT, when you turn my age, which is 37, then you can say you feel old :wink:
you must feel REALLY old amongst us teenagers :mrgreen: :P :wink: :lol: