Page 1 of 3

Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm
by Saturnalia
We've had a big explosion in our paper-railroads! Many are based in Michigan, so it might be fun to tr to have our carriers at a common setting so they can act as a single system. This will help stop people from stealing lines I wanted to include in my RR :x ! (I see it looks like the CSX line from Plymouth to Toledo went today :evil: )

Okay, here is the process:
1. STOP buying routes and expanding trackage rights for now....
2. Using the map below, highlight the lines you have claimed, using solid lines for your ownership and dashed for trackage rights. I suggest using Paint. Then, upload your image to the Gallery, and link it here. I will then create on single map that we can alter as we play our little game of dominate MI RRs :evil: .
Image
After we do this, we can go back to buying and trackage rights...no claims until I say go though....I want something to run!

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 pm
by Ypsi
It's fine if your paper RR use others lines. I just started an Ann Arbor one and its all fine. the point is to have fun with it and basically try to have a RR like you would want. Order is not necessary in paper RR's nor are rules. just enjoy your self... you could make up a new route for all I care, but theres no need to go and try and muniuplate how other people are doing things... no need for conflict

just be creative and enjoy yourself! :D

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:50 pm
by Ypsi
MQT3001 wrote:no claims until I say go though....

And REALLY???

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:51 pm
by Saturnalia
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:no claims until I say go though....

And REALLY???

opps.....typo. I meant to say stop the claims until after we figure all this out...you can opt out of this if you want, just thought it could be cool 8)
Here is my MAP: not sure if anything runs onto anyone's.....if it does....COMMENT
Image
"My" tracks are highlighted in brown.....but also have CSX's old share of Conrail Shared Assets and trackage rights into the Detroit Tunnel....If anything, I'd also like the GLC if anyone hasn't claimed it yet....

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 pm
by atrainguy60
Hey, just to let you know, if you want a line that the GR&P owns, you can have it. Just as long as it isn't the entire system, lol.

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm
by Saturnalia
:oops: ---> forgot to add the abandoned PM line from the Saginaw area to Baldwin...that should be on my map....maybe I should slow down LOL

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:10 pm
by Ypsi
MQT3001 wrote::oops: ---> forgot to add the abandoned PM line from the Saginaw area to Baldwin...that should be on my map....maybe I should slow down LOL

maybe, some of those faces you used in the first post made you sound angry... like the :evil: 's and the :x
two suggestions I have are like you said don't get too ahead of yourself and be careful of the smilies you use :wink:

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm
by Saturnalia
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote::oops: ---> forgot to add the abandoned PM line from the Saginaw area to Baldwin...that should be on my map....maybe I should slow down LOL

maybe, some of those faces you used in the first post made you sound angry... like the :evil: 's and the :x
two suggestions I have are like you said don't get too ahead of yourself and be careful of the smilies you use :wink:

Oh, didn't mean it that way........anyway, please get your maps up ASAP....again, not required, just might be fun..

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 pm
by AARR
I think what MQT meant to do is try and organize a group (in this thread) who create paper railroads using MI lines. If you are able to do so without duplicating lines then you guys can interchange business, create trackage rights, etc. that will give you a little more feel of running a railroad.

Then you can still have your other paper railroad threads to do as you please and for us to enjoy.

If I had more time I would aprticipate. :)

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:32 pm
by Saturnalia
AARR wrote:I think what MQT meant to do is try and organize a group (in this thread) who create paper railroads using MI lines. If you are able to do so without duplicating lines then you guys can interchange business, create trackage rights, etc. that will give you a little more feel of running a railroad.

Then you can still have your other paper railroad threads to do as you please and for us to enjoy.

If I had more time I would aprticipate. :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXactly

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm
by DT&I
Ypsi you can have the AA, the DT&C will be selling the AA to a private co. Owned by ypsi! :lol:

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm
by Ypsi
DT&I wrote:Ypsi you can have the AA, the DT&C will be selling the AA to a private co. Owned by ypsi! :lol:

lol thanks DT&I! :D

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm
by DT&I
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:Ypsi you can have the AA, the DT&C will be selling the AA to a private co. Owned by ypsi! :lol:

lol thanks DT&I! :D

No problem! All we used it for is excursions! Lol

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 pm
by Ypsi
MQT3001 wrote:
AARR wrote:I think what MQT meant to do is try and organize a group (in this thread) who create paper railroads using MI lines. If you are able to do so without duplicating lines then you guys can interchange business, create trackage rights, etc. that will give you a little more feel of running a railroad.

Then you can still have your other paper railroad threads to do as you please and for us to enjoy.

If I had more time I would aprticipate. :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXactly

hey thatnks for clarifying AARR and sorry if I sounded a little mean eariler MQT :oops:

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:26 pm
by DT&I
Ill get my map for the DT&C up soon

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:34 pm
by Ypsi
DT&I wrote:Ill get my map for the DT&C up soon

how far north does the Ann Arbor section you're letting me have go?

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm
by DT&I
I'm selling you the whole line lol

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 pm
by Ypsi
DT&I wrote:I'm selling you the whole line lol

ok :) i'll pay top dollar for it too :wink:

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
by DT&I
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:I'm selling you the whole line lol

ok :) i'll pay top dollar for it too :wink:

Lol good! The recession hasn't exactly been friendly to the DT&C.

Re: Michigan Paper Railroads

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm
by Ypsi
this wasn't too hard for me, thanks to DT&I :lol: my map
Image
AARR map by YpsiAmtrakBoy, on Flickr