C&P

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GR&P

Unread post by heartlandguy »

atrainguy60 wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:I switched to your thread...
atrainguy60 wrote:I would like some trackage rights. It would make the trip shorter for my trains coming from/going to Detroit and north of Detroit and going to/from Chicago.
How many trains would you run?
There would be 17 to 22 trains a day, counting extras. Here's a list of the regular trains that would run on your line:

1. I102 - Durand, MI to Cicero, IL - Daily
2. I103 - Cicero, IL to Durand, MI - Daily
3. I104 - Durand, MI to Cicero, IL - Daily
4. I105 - Cicero, IL to Durand, MI - Mon thru Sat
5. I106 - Durand, MI to Cicero, IL - Thursday
6. I107 - Proviso, IL to Durand, MI - Daily
7. I108 - Durand, MI to Durand, MI - Daily
8. I109 - Ferndale, MI to Cicero, IL - Daily
9. I110 - Cicero, IL to Ferndale, MI - Daily
10. I111 - Proviso, IL to Ferndale, MI - Daily
11. I112 - Homewood, IL to Ferndale, MI - Daily
12. I113 - Ferndale, MI to Homewood, IL - Daily
13. M101 - Pontiac, MI to Chicago, IL - Daily
14. M102 - Chicago, IL to Pontiac, MI - Daily
15. M105 - Saginaw, MI to Chicago, IL - Daily
16. S106 - Saginaw, MI to Chicago, IL - Daily
17. S107 - Chicago, IL to Saginaw, MI - Daily
18. S111 - Midland, MI to Chicago, IL - Daily
19. S112 - Chicago, IL to Midland, MI - Daily

In addition to those, there would be 1 to 3 grain trains a day.
I think that can be done. The DSR is still double track on the section from Diann to Riga, and speed is 45mph. Only curveball is that it's unsignaled, TWC territory (the whole line is from Diann southward). Would you like us to add signals?
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

heartlandguy wrote: I think that can be done. The DSR is still double track on the section from Diann to Riga, and speed is 45mph. Only curveball is that it's unsignaled, TWC territory (the whole line is from Diann southward). Would you like us to add signals?
I don't think you have to add signals, dark territory should be fine.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

atrainguy60 wrote:
heartlandguy wrote: I think that can be done. The DSR is still double track on the section from Diann to Riga, and speed is 45mph. Only curveball is that it's unsignaled, TWC territory (the whole line is from Diann southward). Would you like us to add signals?
Alrighty, when do you want these to start? Symbols on these trains will stay the same on DSR track.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

heartlandguy wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:
Alrighty, when do you want these to start? Symbols on these trains will stay the same on DSR track.
I would like to start June 1st.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

atrainguy60 wrote:I would like to start June 1st.
Sounds good, they will start then.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Local B512 from Pontiac now goes to Trenton, MI and back to Pontiac. It used to be Pontiac to Toledo and back to Pontiac. A new local, B514, has been added from Lang Yard in Toledo to Trenton, MI and back to Toledo.

Also, the GR&P is going to abandon the former MAL line from Lakeland, MI to just west of South Lyon, MI at Dixboro Road.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Two mixed freights have been added on the Toledo to Michigan City mainline. S115 will go from Chicago to Toledo Lang Yard daily, and S116 will go from Toledo Lang Yard to Chicago daily.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The spur for the future lumber yard mentioned earlier is quickly being installed. As for the lumber yard, the construction is going as scheduled. Business should still start in late June.

And a customer is being lost. Easttown Distributors in Highland Park will begin shipping by truck next week. It is just off the GR&P Holly Subdivision.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

B101 is dropping off three centerbeams at the new lumber customer, our very first drop off there. Business has begun :D

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Just doing my own math, just reminding you the current contract is good for 20 trains under the base charge, then by ton-mile afterward. I have you down with 23 scheduled daily trains from Annoyance to Porter, double-checked with your most recent list. I will be posting a symbol conversion list shortly...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

I keep forgetting to mention: Your name, Grand Rapids & Pontiac, is quite bad since you don't run to GR anymore (you did for like a day, then you gave it to me). Perhaps you'd consider changing it to Chicago & Pontiac :wink:

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Just doing my own math, just reminding you the current contract is good for 20 trains under the base charge, then by ton-mile afterward. I have you down with 23 scheduled daily trains from Annoyance to Porter, double-checked with your most recent list. I will be posting a symbol conversion list shortly...
I suppose I could try abolishing three trains and take all the cars they used to haul and tag them onto other trains. That way, there would be 20 trains.
I keep forgetting to mention: Your name, Grand Rapids & Pontiac, is quite bad since you don't run to GR anymore (you did for like a day, then you gave it to me). Perhaps you'd consider changing it to Chicago & Pontiac
(facepalm) Why didn't I realize that? Your right, Chicago & Pontiac would be a lot better. (Sorry for the late responses, I haven't been on the computer much lately)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

atrainguy60 wrote:
I suppose I could try abolishing three trains and take all the cars they used to haul and tag them onto other trains. That way, there would be 20 trains.
I keep forgetting to mention: Your name, Grand Rapids & Pontiac, is quite bad since you don't run to GR anymore (you did for like a day, then you gave it to me). Perhaps you'd consider changing it to Chicago & Pontiac
(facepalm) Why didn't I realize that? Your right, Chicago & Pontiac would be a lot better. (Sorry for the late responses, I haven't been on the computer much lately)
Well, you might want to schedule fewer than 20 so extras don't run over...

If you change the name, go back to the very first post you made, click edit, and put that new name in the title box, so it shows when we click the tread.