DT&C News

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

DT&C News

Unread post by DT&I »

New on the DT&C is BNSF 9321 on AA-90 today. Also the DT&C is having talks about trackage rights ove the NYCW to North Platte. Talks will continue and I will keep you updated on the progress.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: DT&C News

Unread post by DT&I »

An agreement is yet be reached, talks are ongoing.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

An agreement was not reached and unfortunately for the DT&C, they will not be able to run trains to North Platte. Also GE has started on the DT&C's ES44DC's which will be shipped in early January as promised. DT&C is purchasing new coal hoppers from CSX and these will be painted black and have orange logos.

DT&C ES44DC's were ordered with marker lights above the numbers with a high headlight and low flashing ditchlights. K5HL, second generation, will be added and these are built with radial steering trucks and will meet EPA specs.

Rumors have also started about the DT&C possibly acquiring the IC to the gulf. These cannot be false or true yet as no one is sure but with the money to do it, it could happen.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The IC is planning to turn a train east onto DT&C rails to Columbus, this train probably be a mixed frieght from Chicago. Not much is known yet.

The CNW also plans a western coal train to Detroit from Chicago.