TSt.L

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

TSt.L

Unread post by DT&I »

Toledo St. Louis Railraod was formed in 1988 when the former Cloverleaf route was bought from NS. They run about 12 trains a day on the line.
They interchange with the DT&C at Malinta, IC&N at Indianapolis, NS in Maumee, UP in St. Louis, BNSF in St. Louis, CSX at Indianapolis, and INRD at Indianapolis.
Their traffic mainly consists of grain, and other frieght, they run one intermodal.
Units are:
C40-8C 914(UP Yellow), 1-3(Green and Orange)
C41-8C 31(CNW Yellow and Green)-33
GP38-2 90-92(Green and Orange)
SD18 9-12(Orange and Grey)
GP9U 7000-7002(Black)
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: TSt.L

Unread post by DT&I »

The railroad has a large elevator in Providence, OH that regularly sees 6 or seven hoppers a day. K340 handles traffic here. 7001 is currently working on this local out of Toledo Southern Yard. Crews come on duty around 10:00 AM. It is not uncommon to see a caboose on the front of the local as the spur faces southward. DT&C 903124 is lined up for tomorrows local. K340 also handles Grand Rapids CO-OP which sees about 4 cars every two days.
The NKP Maumee River Bridge(N-Bridge over the radio) is under major construction, the top of the bridge has been removed and steel support beams are holding it together. It originally was not high enough for the intermodal trains so renovations was much needed. L90 switches the elevator at Delphos three times a week. It works out of Indy so it comes on duty around 7:00 AM. It usually handles 5 cars but 7 is sometimes needed. 7000 has the local currently and no caboose is needed.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

SD18 #12 will be in Maumee after being sent away for repairs and has returned on NS, it will acompany an ex-CF&E GP38-2(now DT&C) on J331-00X down the line, since the top and sides have been taken off the bridge at Grand Rapids, the photo opportunities are endless.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TSt.L 7001 is idling in Maumee right now with an old C&O caboose and 6 hoppers as it is todays K340-92Z.
NS 5130 is ready to take L90-77E to Delphos with 8 hoppers.
TSt.L 9, CSX 8809, TSt.L 32, and TSt.L 7000 are taking H100-88F to St. Louis today as the huge grain train is destined for the BNSF there.
In Indianapolis, BNSF 9908 and BNSF 9321 are rare power but are taking the intermodal, G090-16L to Maumee to the Toledo Terminal where it will go to CN.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The TSt.L is back! After being hit hard by the economy in the last few years they kept a pretty low profile, moving less traffic and putting the C41-8's in storage. Now they are back in service and more trains are on the way.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

This morning at about 4:32 AM TSt.L 32 and 914 were involved in a rollover derailment outside of Waterville, Ohio. Mayn ethanol tankers are in the highway burning along with other cars. 32 and 914 are suspected to be ok but no one can be sure becuase we won't let our employees get to colse to the fire. One crew member sustained an injury.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy reading about your local trains, the customers, they serve, number of cars, etc.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I like doing class 1's but I also felt the need to do a shortline.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TSt.L Trains:
Local
K340 - Grand Rapids Local
L90 - Delphos Grain Local
R437 - Indianapolis Local
Frieght
E342 - St. Louis - Indianapolis