DT&C

Sub forum for Paper Railroads

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm

atrainguy60 wrote:Thanks DT&I. I didn't know you were double tracking the branch from Milwaukee Jct to downtown Detroit too. It'll be awhile anyway until the Wabash Cannonball can run to Detroit anyway, because the Wabash needs to build a new station and new tracks.

Ok, the target date for finishing this is August 31st but we'll let you know.

And well we're not spending the money to rip it up when we may need it in the future when our autoloading facility out west is done, all trains that originate and terminate here will use this line. Although there are large weeds and small trees growing on the ROW, trains still use it now as well.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

DT&C Rail Systems - 6/26/12 - Due to a recent loss of profits in the last year, DT&C is looking for a merger, if your railroad is interested PM me with details, but we want to create a company that has reach to many small industries, we are mainly looking for a class 2 and below. Also due to the Toledo parelleling the Detroit-Cincy line, TSCR and CSX have stolen most auto business from DTC and if no partner is found for the merger we will be slowly be selling each line to large corporations such as Berkshire-Hathaway or Respondek Rail Corp or Railamerica.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Another annoucement, TSCR has also stolen business from DTC in Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Detroit due to their TC&P merger and the EPA has shut down 2 of the 3 coal mines we served, the only thing left is manifests, about 9 trains on the Detroit-Cincy main left.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:43 pm

DT&I wrote:Another annoucement, TSCR has also stolen business from DTC in Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Detroit due to their TC&P merger and the EPA has shut down 2 of the 3 coal mines we served, the only thing left is manifests, about 9 trains on the Detroit-Cincy main left.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOP on the EPA

for more info, please PM me (not about buying a line)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 pm

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Another annoucement, TSCR has also stolen business from DTC in Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Detroit due to their TC&P merger and the EPA has shut down 2 of the 3 coal mines we served, the only thing left is manifests, about 9 trains on the Detroit-Cincy main left.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOP on the EPA

for more info, please PM me (not about buying a line)

Thats what we are thinking right now lol and about a MQT - DTC merger?
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Ypsi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 pm

DT&I wrote:Thats what we are thinking right now lol and about a MQT - DTC merger?

is DT&I leaving the paper RRs??? :shock: :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5228
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: DT&C

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 pm

If the MQT-DTC merger doesn't work out, the DKC&M would like to merge with the DTC.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: None of your business......

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:Thats what we are thinking right now lol and about a MQT - DTC merger?

is DT&I leaving the paper RRs??? :shock: :lol:

No the TSCR is too big for me to leave! :lol: :twisted: and @atrainguy, that will be our last resort as we are looking for a smaller company but we will keep that in mind...
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm

MQT wouldn't merge with DT&C in a million years, but would screw the EPA in a second :twisted:

We're currently at war trying to get permitting for the sechduled replacement of the St. Joseph Bridge. Well, it ain't happening this summer. Premits were delayed too long. Trying again for next summer, but that will be a miracle :roll:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

MQT3001 wrote:MQT wouldn't merge with DT&C in a million years, but would screw the EPA in a second :twisted:

We're currently at war trying to get permitting for the sechduled replacement of the St. Joseph Bridge. Well, it ain't happening this summer. Premits were delayed too long. Trying again for next summer, but that will be a miracle :roll:

Well if you need any help with supplies just ask the Maumee River Railroad, after the TSt.L was abandoned and sold in segments, the MRR bought from Delphos to Waterville and recently replaced the bridge at Grand Rapids, its cut in segments so you can have it if you want.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:07 pm

atrainguy60 wrote:If the MQT-DTC merger doesn't work out, the DKC&M would like to merge with the DTC.

PM me...
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:15 pm

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:MQT wouldn't merge with DT&C in a million years, but would screw the EPA in a second :twisted:

We're currently at war trying to get permitting for the sechduled replacement of the St. Joseph Bridge. Well, it ain't happening this summer. Premits were delayed too long. Trying again for next summer, but that will be a miracle :roll:

Well if you need any help with supplies just ask the Maumee River Railroad, after the TSt.L was abandoned and sold in segments, the MRR bought from Delphos to Waterville and recently replaced the bridge at Grand Rapids, its cut in segments so you can have it if you want.

I've got a bridge built and sitting in the yard in Wyoming, but the EPA is giving us BS about river bottom disturbances.....they want a $1.5 million study re-done :roll:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:17 pm

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:MQT wouldn't merge with DT&C in a million years, but would screw the EPA in a second :twisted:

We're currently at war trying to get permitting for the sechduled replacement of the St. Joseph Bridge. Well, it ain't happening this summer. Premits were delayed too long. Trying again for next summer, but that will be a miracle :roll:

Well if you need any help with supplies just ask the Maumee River Railroad, after the TSt.L was abandoned and sold in segments, the MRR bought from Delphos to Waterville and recently replaced the bridge at Grand Rapids, its cut in segments so you can have it if you want.

I've got a bridge built and sitting in the yard in Wyoming, but the EPA is giving us BS about river bottom disturbances.....they want a $1.5 million study re-done :roll:

Well who are they making pay for this???
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Marquette Rail. The stupid study they say "wasn't conducted right" THEY SIGNED OFF ON IT!

The study is to figure out if the disturbance affects marine life too much.....give me a break....its a river. there's already tons of silt every year :roll:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm

DT&I wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:If the MQT-DTC merger doesn't work out, the DKC&M would like to merge with the DTC.

PM me...


PM'd you.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: None of your business......

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:26 pm

MQT3001 wrote:Marquette Rail. The stupid study they say "wasn't conducted right" THEY SIGNED OFF ON IT!

The study is to figure out if the disturbance affects marine life too much.....give me a break....its a river. there's already tons of silt every year :roll:

Well thats absulotely rediculous, why make the railroad spend thousand on something they THINK wasnt conducted right ?
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:40 pm

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Marquette Rail. The stupid study they say "wasn't conducted right" THEY SIGNED OFF ON IT!

The study is to figure out if the disturbance affects marine life too much.....give me a break....its a river. there's already tons of silt every year :roll:

Well thats absulotely rediculous, why make the railroad spend thousand on something they THINK wasnt conducted right ?

Welcome to my world.....

We now return to regularly scheduled programming.....
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby conrailman75 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Penn Central would be interested in the DT&C, depending on a couple things. First, does TSCR or DT&C own the Toledo Branch and the ex MAW line from Liberty Center to Woodburn? And second, remind me again which company of yours has the now joint line from Columbus to Pittsburgh? Third, do you a have a map posted on here somewhere that shows where all the DT&C goes? I realize my large Class One system is not what you're looking for, but I have to do my duty as the Chairman and CEO by thoroughly investigating each and every opportunity that comes up on here.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: DT&C

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 pm

His Michigan Map is in that thread...

PS...check my thread...not your fault, but the PC derailed in GR on MQT property...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 317"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13643
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: DT&C

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

conrailman75 wrote:Penn Central would be interested in the DT&C, depending on a couple things. First, does TSCR or DT&C own the Toledo Branch and the ex MAW line from Liberty Center to Woodburn? And second, remind me again which company of yours has the now joint line from Columbus to Pittsburgh? Third, do you a have a map posted on here somewhere that shows where all the DT&C goes? I realize my large Class One system is not what you're looking for, but I have to do my duty as the Chairman and CEO by thoroughly investigating each and every opportunity that comes up on here.

Ok well now we currently have the OMSR about to be formed but PM me and add atrainguy to the PM too, also I will answer your questions, 1. TSCR owns the ex-WAB 2. TSCR owns that too and we want to have it triple tracked by Christmas if you could pay half and TSCR pays half 3. Look down a ways on the page or on page 2 but theres an Ohio Paper railroad map and also part in the Michigan map thread.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

PreviousNext

Return to Paper Railroads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

x