DT&C

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: DT&C

Unread post by Saturnalia »

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:We have 9916, 9917, and 5 to take TOLCINNS-22(Half of the train) and 9915, 9914, 9030, and 6226 to take the last half, TOLCINNS-99 down as well.
aww...your RR not man enough to take the whole thing? :mrgreen:
Lol! Why do that? Why hold up all the CSX, TSCR, NS, and GR&P? the train wouldn't make it over 30 MPH since the Ohio River valley is, well, a valley with hills and it would hold our trains up and the trains of the railroads we cross up.
It passed 15 trains between Wyoming and your terminal at Toledo before its all said and done, and the line between Wyoming and Plymouth is ALL single track except for a few passing sidings, many of which aren't in excess of 6,00ft. But, we did it without stopping the grain train once. Our dispatchers are good :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

The OC&M would like to order 6 SD60TM-3's. Basically, OC&M engines are mostly typical red. The nose and rear of the engines are orange, slightly darker than the orange on BNSF heritage three engines . But other than the orange, they are all red. The lettering is white, and the front and rear logo's read OC&M, and on the side of the engine is the name "Omaha Chicago and Missouri". The size of the font doesn't matter, just as long as it's big enough that you can read it. The lettering is normal, not italicized. As for the engines numbers, they would be 5000, 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004, and 5005.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:The OC&M would like to order 6 SD60TM-3's. Basically, OC&M engines are mostly typical red. The nose and rear of the engines are orange, slightly darker than the orange on BNSF heritage three engines . But other than the orange, they are all red. The lettering is white, and the front and rear logo's read OC&M, and on the side of the engine is the name "Omaha Chicago and Missouri". The size of the font doesn't matter, just as long as it's big enough that you can read it. The lettering is normal, not italicized. As for the engines numbers, they would be 5000, 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004, and 5005.
Ok were upgrading the space inside the shops to hold 5 locomotives, currently 1 TSCR -EJ&E heritage SD70ACe, 1 DR&EC SD40-3W, 1 GR&P SD70IAC - GT heritage, 1 ARR SD70IAC
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The DT&C has acquired AA GP35's.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:The DT&C has acquired AA GP35's.
They are GP38-2's, #6900-6909 (working) and #6918-6919 (not working)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ok we'll pick them up later.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The DT&C is looking to replace rail on the Adrian Line and decrease the number of single axle derailments around Napoleon.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

There is new large grain elevator southeast of Millington, and the G&O wants to haul some grain trains from it. Could the G&O hand over the grain trains to the DT&C in Sterling Heights, and the DT&C could take them south? There would be atleast one a week, maybe two weeks sometimes. The trains would be about 90 cars long, and would be bound for North Carolina. The DT&C could take them somewhere for CSX or NS to then take.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Sure, STGOCICX will be the symbol for the new train, just give us a call when you need us to get some lite power up there and pick it up.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The first grain train from Millington is leaving Millington right now. Should arrive in Sterling Heights at about 1:00am.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:The first grain train from Millington is leaving Millington right now. Should arrive in Sterling Heights at about 1:00am.
A crew is on duty waiting with 1 C40-8W.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Could the Wabash have trackage rights from Sterling Heights to Delray?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:Could the Wabash have trackage rights from Sterling Heights to Delray?
Sure lol

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Another question, could the Wabash have trackage rights on the branch from Milwaukee Junction south? I want to rebuild the line south of where it ends to where the old Fort Street Station in downtown Detroit used to be. The Wabash Cannonball would be using the line.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:Another question, could the Wabash have trackage rights on the branch from Milwaukee Junction south? I want to rebuild the line south of where it ends to where the old Fort Street Station in downtown Detroit used to be. The Wabash Cannonball would be using the line.
Sure but remember the GR&P deal? the double tracking project won't be done until August, then you have a contrct for 6 trains a day with no extra charge.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

atrainguy60 wrote:Another question, could the Wabash have trackage rights on the branch from Milwaukee Junction south? I want to rebuild the line south of where it ends to where the old Fort Street Station in downtown Detroit used to be. The Wabash Cannonball would be using the line.
are you REBUILDING THE STATION????? :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
Sure but remember the GR&P deal? the double tracking project won't be done until August, then you have a contrct for 6 trains a day with no extra charge.
Question: Is the old GR&P Southern Michigan Mainline Double Tracked still? Is that what you are double tracking?

Complete the timeline:
1. GR&P Builds the line (double track)
2. ......

thanks in advance

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Question: Is the old GR&P Southern Michigan Mainline Double Tracked still? Is that what you are double tracking?

Complete the timeline:
1. GR&P Builds the line (double track)
2. ......

thanks in advance
Umm the GR&P Southern Michigan main is double tracked already but DT&C doesn't own it... TSCR does.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Thanks DT&I. I didn't know you were double tracking the branch from Milwaukee Jct to downtown Detroit too. It'll be awhile anyway until the Wabash Cannonball can run to Detroit anyway, because the Wabash needs to build a new station and new tracks.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Okay, it's been unclear whether you removed the double track there anyway....you mentioned you were going to do it when you bought the line....

move along....