DT&C

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: DT&C

Unread post by DT&I »

Heavy traffic on the Detroit Sub. Many autoracks and intermodals are being navigated through the junctions and crossovers with great care, all plus a couple GR&P trains being worked into the order. They are going to have to be put in the sidings at a couple places until hotshot intermodals clear.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

DT&C SD60TM-3's 7710, 7711, 7712, 7713, 7714, and 7715 are leading an AA intermodal with 149 loaded stack cars.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

SD60MT-3's numbered 7712 and 7713 are on CHIDURCN in the GR&P yard. These will be retunring to the DT&C shortly. Also a cut of special loaded lumber cars is being taken to Durand for interchange with the GR&P. Leading and only unit is 9999.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The DT&C is now repainting former AA and AN&M units.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

BNSF 9321 and 9133 are traveling on a coal train from chicago to DE.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Trains are now backed up for miles all the way around the TBR due to downed power lines, our brave crews are working extra pay through the heavy rain and hail to get them cleaned up immediatly.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I was wondering if it would be ok for the GR&P to have trackage rights to Cincinnati on the DT&C?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:I was wondering if it would be ok for the GR&P to have trackage rights to Cincinnati on the DT&C?
Well what other lines do you have?

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

I've got the HESR line between Durand and Midland, as well as the HESR lines in the thumb. I've got the former Michigan Air Line between Lakeland and Pontiac, and the Mid Michigan between Saginaw and Alma. There is also the CSX line between Toledo and Deshler, which I will have beginning June 1st, and then there is the CN Holly Sub which will be mine April 1st. I will only own the part of the Holly Sub between Pontiac and Durand. South of there, it's CN.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:I've got the HESR line between Durand and Midland, as well as the HESR lines in the thumb. I've got the former Michigan Air Line between Lakeland and Pontiac, and the Mid Michigan between Saginaw and Alma. There is also the CSX line between Toledo and Deshler, which I will have beginning June 1st, and then there is the CN Holly Sub which will be mine April 1st. I will only own the part of the Holly Sub between Pontiac and Durand. South of there, it's CN.
Ok well to be honest your trains would get to Cincy faster if you stayed on the Toledo Sub past Deshler, there are way less trains and they run side by side until Dayton. If you still want rights you can have them but we get rights over the CN from Durand.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Ok well to be honest your trains would get to Cincy faster if you stayed on the Toledo Sub past Deshler, there are way less trains and they run side by side until Dayton. If you still want rights you can have them but we get rights over the CN from Durand.
Ah, I guess I'll go to CSX about the trackage rights. Maybe (if it's ok with you) I could reroute my trains over the DT&C, kinda like how CP runs their trains on NS but they reroute them onto CSX if there's a derailment.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Ah, I guess I'll go to CSX about the trackage rights. Maybe (if it's ok with you) I could reroute my trains over the DT&C, kinda like how CP runs their trains on NS but they reroute them onto CSX if there's a derailment.
Sounds good but it will take longer lol

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

DT&C is going to be having an excursion from Toledo to Detroit on the 29th. Schedule is:
Leave Toledo 9:30 AM
Arrive at Detroit 10:45 AM

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:DT&C is going to be having an excursion from Toledo to Detroit on the 29th. Schedule is:
Leave Toledo 9:30 AM
Arrive at Detroit 10:45 AM
what will the power be and what coaches will you use?
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

We have our own DT&C coaches with a ex-NYC baggage car. We don't know about power yet but the choices are from whatever is in the yard thats not already on a train.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:We have our own DT&C coaches with a ex-NYC baggage car. We don't know about power yet but the choices are from whatever is in the yard thats not already on a train.
head end power car? (btw I will be working on a blank business car that I am drawing from scratch so that will be avaliable soon)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:We have our own DT&C coaches with a ex-NYC baggage car. We don't know about power yet but the choices are from whatever is in the yard thats not already on a train.
head end power car? (btw I will be working on a blank business car that I am drawing from scratch so that will be avaliable soon)
ok ill probably use that.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Since the lower traffic on Mondays, the crossovers at MP 289.3 on the CF&E are being replaced only holding up 6 trains.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

DT&C stocks are up and they are looking into a line to Milwaukee.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

New locos bought are:
SD38-2 7482 - 7485
GP10-2 8881 - 8889