Possible MAW Acquisition

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Possible MAW Acquisition

Unread post by DT&I »

Talks have been going on for awhile now about the AN&M acquiring the MAW. Recently the MAW has fought against a trackage rights agreement. Sometime in the near future the AN&M will acquire the MAW, a date has not been set but the line will soon be in the hands of the AN&M. The AN&M has a three year project laid out to redo the whole entire MAW system. All of the previous rail will be ripped out andreplaced by welded 130 pound rail. the line will be extended past Liberty Center to the NS yard in Maumee. The southern portion will be cleared of stored cars and will be used as a straight route to Ft. Wayne. Also we will extend the line to Adrian.
Trains that will be created as a result of the takeover(All trains can be flipped except locals):
ADMA-Adrian to Maumee
GMTUMAIO1(2)-GM autoracks to Malinta(I&O)
MAIOMA-Malinta(I&O) to Maumee
FWMA-Ft. Wayne to Maumee
FWAD-Ft. Wayne to Adrian
JMDEP6-Johns Manville, Defiance, Plant 6, Local
FWMAIO-Ft. Wayne to Malinta(I&O)
FWMATSL-Ft. Wayne to Malinta(TSt.L)
Additional Units:
GP7u-16(locals only)
All other units are to be scrapped.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Possible MAW Acquisition

Unread post by AARR »

The cement place in Cecil would be a nice customer since it does not have access to water and is dependent on rail or trucks for moving its bulk materials :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Possible MAW Acquisition

Unread post by DT&I »

AARR wrote:The cement place in Cecil would be a nice customer since it does not have access to water and is dependent on rail or trucks for moving its bulk materials :)
O I totally forgot about the Cincinatti Northern spur there :oops: , I guess we'll add another local.
CECNDE-Cement plant, Cincinatti Northern, to Defiance.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain