Detroit and Milwaukee - Chicago and North Eastern

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Detroit and Milwaukee - Chicago and North Eastern

Unread post by dmitzel »

I was driving home from a week's worth of business in Chicago and stopped by Durand for some 'fanning over dinner - had to get off the highway on a pre-Memorial Day weekend Friday evening commute (all the crazies on the freeway). Was sitting there in my car munching away, and while waiting for the train that never came was reading the state historical marker for DUS. Being a CNW and MILW modeler - along with Michigan "native" status (since '73, anyway) - I've always been torn between my love of Granger roads and wanting to model something a little closer to home.

Looking over that marker it dawned on me that the two intersecting Grand Trunk predecessor roads - the Detroit and Milwaukee, and the Chicago and North Eastern - may be the answer to my prayers. Why not run Milwaukee Road and C&NW equipment on my model pike as the equipment for these roads, and sometime in the future reletter the reporting marks to C&NE - with only a couple of characters needing relettering in the C&NW "ball-and-bar" herald as well? Otherwise, I wouldn't need to change a thing - other than history, of course.

Hmmm... not too bad a thought, with Rule 1 covering the rest. We'll see...
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Detroit and Milwaukee - Chicago and North Eastern

Unread post by AARR »

Let us see what you got! :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...