IORY Location Updates

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Y@
Ass. Janitor

IORY Location Updates

Unread post by Y@ »

The crew for FRLI is just getting on now, should head south around 12:15. Power is IORY 4083 and BGS 8424 with 42 cars. They will not have work in Delta today.

Sounds like a 400 may run down to Lima tonight. CFE 3887 is the Delta power for now.

Crew for FWCH just went on duty a few minutes ago. They'll be heading to Chicago in around an hour with CEFX 9500 and CFE 3888 for power, and 60 cars in tow. They have a 4 car pickup and 5 car setoff in Warsaw.

CHFW was a little late getting out of Chicago, they got held up a few times before clearing the bottleneck. They're between Hamlet and Plymouth now with a great lashup, IORY 4036 leading CEFX 9486 and HOSO 4045 with a 101 car train. No work for them in Warsaw today, but there will be a WAFW tonight with the CFE 3883 taking a 31 car turn to Fort Wayne. Not sure how many they'll have coming back. Crew is called for 20:25.

401 will go north from Lima tonight with IORY 4070 and a 34 car train.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Re: IORY Location Updates

Unread post by Y@ »

FRLI sat at Hamler for an hour while CSX sent a few trains through, then also had to wait at Leipsic for one NS train and a northbound on CSX at XN. They were back on the move around 4:10 p.m. and are heading through Cairo on CSX right now.

Crew is called at 18:30 for a 400 to run to Lima and back with the CFE 3887 and 30 cars. Not sure what they'll return to Delta with.

CHFW was into Fort Wayne around 4 p.m. and they met FWCH at Warsaw. CHFW got held up for about 15 minutes waiting for southbound 312 to pass.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/16/10

FRLI will go south with the CEFX 9400 leading IORY 4070 and 51 cars today. Crew should be getting on soon.

FWCH has the FEC 506 leading HOSO 4045. Call time for that crew was moved up to 10:30 and they are getting ready to head west. 58 cars in tow, and they have 10 car pickup in Warsaw. No setoff.

CHFW is making good time out of Chicago, very few delays on the bottleneck, which is pretty rare. They have CEFX 9375 and CEFX 9400 with 77 cars. No work for them in Warsaw, but they should have work tomorrow.

The WAFW that ran last night will be heading back today, new crew called for 13:00. CFE 3883 and 17 cars for Warsaw. Still running with the WAFW symbol.

The CFE 3887 that led 400 south last night will get dropped in Delta on the 401 tonight.

401 will have BGS 8424 and CFE 3887 with just 10 cars tonight.

CSX is delivering a Metamora grain train today, and they will be dropping a Uniopolis train tomorrow. We should pick up the Metamora train tonight or tomorrow morning, and the Uniopolis train Thursday.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

FRLI is just getting out of Flat Rock due to problems with the IORY 4070. It is being left in the yard and the 9400 will handle the train solo. Should see a replacement by Thursday.

FWCH is working in Warsaw right now, they will wait to meet CHFW upon completion of their work.

CHFW is nearing Bourbon now.

The WAFW crew will have work in Fort Wayne before leaving for Warsaw. Not sure how many cars they will leave with now.
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:CSX is delivering a Metamora grain train today, and they will be dropping a Uniopolis train tomorrow. We should pick up the Metamora train tonight or tomorrow morning, and the Uniopolis train Thursday.
Where does CSX deliver the grain mty's?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

AARR wrote:
Y@ wrote:CSX is delivering a Metamora grain train today, and they will be dropping a Uniopolis train tomorrow. We should pick up the Metamora train tonight or tomorrow morning, and the Uniopolis train Thursday.
Where does CSX deliver the grain mty's?
All grain traffic is interchanged in Hamler, although there is a possibility of Lima being used as an interchange point in the future for some of the trains, depending on their origin/destination.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

A crew is called out of Lima at 22:10 to go to Hamler light and pick up the grain train, take it to Metamora, then take the power on to Flat Rock. Power is AA 7771, IORY 4032, and CEFX 9362. The AA 7771 will return to Lima on tomorrows FRLI.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/17/10

FRLI headed south at Diann right now, BGS 8424 and CEFX 9362 with 48 cars. They have a 17 car pickup in Delta, not setoff today.

FWCH is not called until 14:00 today, power shows as CEFX 9400 and CEFX 9375 with a 70 car train.

CHFW headed east now with HOSO 4045, FEC 506, and EJE 674. Not sure how or why that EJE unit got on the train, but as long as they don't wye the power in Fort Wayne it should lead FWCH tomorrow. Call time for tomorrow shows as 06:00.

Another WAFW today, should head west sometime this afternoon with the CFE 3883 and 21 cars.

401 is annulled tonight, but a set of light power will be running north to Flat Rock. May actually run as 401.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

FRLI is tied down in the Hamler siding until their new crew comes on duty at 01:00. Lead engine BGS 8424 lost a traction motor and the crew was sent home due to the repairs they are currently working on.

FWCH got out of Fort Wayne around 15:00, they are rolling through Hanna right now.

CHFW has their train tied down and the power in the house at Fort Wayne. EJE 674 facing west, should lead FWCH tomorrow morning. Apparently the 674 may be hanging around the IORY for awhile, as we've sent them IORY 4085 in it's place.

WAFW just leaving Warsaw now. Will probably follow the FWCH back to Warsaw tomorrow morning.

NREX 5597, NALX 3524 and IORY 5662 heading north to Flat Rock light engines. Coming through Ottawa on CSX right now.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/18/10

Yesterdays FRLI is still tied down in Hamler, the new crew call was cancelled after they could not get the traction motor replaced in time. Mechanics are working on it now.

Todays FRLI will be heading south shortly, IORY 5662 and NALX 3524 leading the way. 38 car train today with a 9 car pickup in Delta. They will also be picking up the 48 cars of yesterdays FRLI in Hamler, along with the CEFX 9362. The 8424 will be left in the siding until repairs are completed. Should be picked up by either tonights 401 or tomorrows FRLI.

FWCH is called for 13:00. EJE 674 and HOSO 4045 with 60 cars. Lots of people should be out to chase.

No further updates, the computers aren't working correctly today.
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I admire your ability to go to school and manage your large regional railroad at the same time 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

FRLI is working on the situation in Hamler. Should take around an hour, if not more.

FWCH is on the move out of Fort Wayne. Lots out to chase.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/22/10

Only update I have been able to gather is on tonights 401. They will be heading north with CEFX 9362 leading EJE 674 and 41 cars. Look for the 674 to lead FRLI tomorrow afternoon.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/23/10

There is an 891 leaving Chicago right now, but no new crew is called in Lima until 06:30. Should make for a nice chase down south of Lima tomorrow. Power is CN 8871 and CN 8890, and a total of 80 loads in tow.

FRLI was annulled today, look for them to head south tomorrow afternoon with EJE 674 leading CEFX 9362.

Word around the office in Lima is we may be getting some lease power from UP...hmm, the old IORY had SD70M's before, why not again? Just a thought, we'll see what actually happens. No clue on my end yet.

Thanksgiving shutdown begins tomorrow at 20:00.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/25/10

IORY called a few crews trying to get volunteers for a few power moves today, got 7 volunteers and called up another from the Lima extra board.

XP-1 will be going from Lima to Flat Rock with IORY 4082, CEFX 9362 and BGS 5000. Welcome the 5000 to the north end, it's one of 10 straight GP40's remaining from the BGS.

XP-2 will be going from Norwood to Lima with IORY 4071, CIND 5008, NALX 5702, GMTX 9074, and NALX 5600. Sounds like they may also be taking a few cars from Springfield to Lima.

XP-3 will be going from Fort Wayne to Chicago with BGS 8903, BGS 8430, BGS 8410 and IORY 4083.

That's all I got for now. Happy Thanksgiving from the IORY!
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/29/10

FRLI got out of Flat Rock around noon and didn't make it very far south, they derailed 24 of their 80 cars south of Carleton between Ohara Road and Finzel Road. Some of the derailed cars are blocking Finzel, but Ohara is clear. The derailment started 50 cars in, the first 49 will be taken on to Lima, while the last 7 will be hauled back to Flat Rock. Power is BGS 5000 leading CEFX 9362. The 4082 will be taking the last 7 cars back to Flat Rock shortly. RJ Corman is on the scene and they are hoping to have it cleaned up by tomorrow afternoon. About 400 feet of track will have to be replaced, and most of the cars are still on the ROW. Of the 24 derailed cars, 7 are haz-mar but no leaks have been found. A small evacuation has been ordered for the surrounding area for now.
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:11/29/10

FRLI got out of Flat Rock around noon and didn't make it very far south, they derailed 24 of their 80 cars south of Carleton between Ohara Road and Finzel Road. Some of the derailed cars are blocking Finzel, but Ohara is clear. The derailment started 50 cars in, the first 49 will be taken on to Lima, while the last 7 will be hauled back to Flat Rock. Power is BGS 5000 leading CEFX 9362. The 4082 will be taking the last 7 cars back to Flat Rock shortly. RJ Corman is on the scene and they are hoping to have it cleaned up by tomorrow afternoon. About 400 feet of track will have to be replaced, and most of the cars are still on the ROW. Of the 24 derailed cars, 7 are haz-mar but no leaks have been found. A small evacuation has been ordered for the surrounding area for now.
That's 20 minutes away. I'll check it out.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

AARR wrote:
Y@ wrote:11/29/10

That's 20 minutes away. I'll check it out.
Everything seems to be in order but I couldn't get close enough to see anything do to area barricaded off. Talked to officer at one of barricades and he said they weren't aware of major problems but are testing the area as a precaution. He also said they were impressed how quickly IORY responded to situation. Y@ will have to confirm but it seems cars remained upright which is a major stroke of good fortune if that's the case. Anyway, doesn't seem to be anything major going on so I'm heading back to office. thanks for heads up Y@. :wink:

BTW - I think I saw CharlieX90, GP30m, and Mackinaw Mack out there with camera's in hand :?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Thanks Don. I can confirm that 21 of the 24 cars remained upright, but 3 of the cars did turn on their sides. All three were empty covered hoppers.

Cleanup is going well, all of the cars have been cleared of the ROW but track still needs to be replaced. Once track has been replaced there will be a 10 mph slow order over the section of track. FRLI is called for tomorrow at 14:00. What I'm hearing is they expect the track to be in place and ready to go by noon.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

11/30/10

There is an 899 planned at 05:00 in Chicago. Power is showing as IC 1027, CN 2571 and CN 5519. Should also be an 895 on Wednesday.

FRLI is called for 14:00, a little late because of todays derailment. Power is IORY 4082 with 61 cars.
Bottom text.