Central Michigan

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Central Michigan

Unread post by AARR »

Revised 5/6/12

Started service Owosso to Prarie Center (east of Ionia) 1993. Acquired Prarie Center to Lowell 2007.
Owosso (connection with HESR) to Lowell (connection with GRE).
Power is ex-GTW GP9r
Engine shed is in St. John.

Customers:
+ Shepardsville - Great Lakes Fertilizer: Receives one to two (3-20 car blocks) of nitrogen, potash, or urea per month.
+ St. Johns - Agroculture Liquid Fertilizer: Receives nitrogen (240-300 cars per year) and ships feedstock (120-150 per year) to their 7 locations in the south and midwest. Switched 3x per week. Spots for 6 cars.
+ Pewamo - Vita Grain: Ships around 200 cars per year in 3-24 car blocks.
+ Prarie Center (East Ionia) - Meridian: Ships 9-12 cars a week of bumpers in CN 86' box cars. Switched 3x per week.
+ Ionia - Belding Farms: Receives 12-15 cars per year of dry and liquid fertilizer.
Last edited by AARR on Sun May 06, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Central Michigan

Unread post by DT&I »

I think this is my favorite of your paper rr's. :D
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

DT&I wrote:I think this is my favorite of your paper rr's. :D
Thanks DTI :) I like this one too 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

You're very specific with your customers, makes it more realistic. 8)
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Updated 2012

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Breaking News! Meridian, former American Bumper, will begin shipping by rail again after 5ish year hiatis. Expecting to ship 11-14 cars per week via CN to KCS to Mexico. Will require switch 3-4x per week.
Last edited by AARR on Sun May 06, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Pretty neat railroad, AARR. I agree with DT&I, I like how you are detailed with your customers. Is the CM part of the organized paper railroads?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

atrainguy60 wrote:Pretty neat railroad, AARR. I agree with DT&I, I like how you are detailed with your customers. Is the CM part of the organized paper railroads?
No, although I enjoy reading your organized paper railroads I am independent.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:Pretty neat railroad, AARR. I agree with DT&I, I like how you are detailed with your customers. Is the CM part of the organized paper railroads?
No, although I enjoy reading your organized paper railroads I am independent.
Is it because you would have a hard time keeping up with us?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:Is it because you would have a hard time keeping up with us?
Yes :lol:

Update: GRE abandoned track to Lowell (Malta Jct) so we acquired to keep the connection open. Also, the elevator in Ovid is shipping by rail again. We formed a corn shuttle with HESR who takes the 13 car block to the ethanol plant in Caro. Averages around 6 movements per year. Hoping to get similiar operations with other elevators in St. Johns and Ionia.