Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Musketawa RR

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:
Mr. Tops wrote:Thanks! I have no life. :P :lol: :cry:
Me either. :)
Perhaps you can hook up with MuskegonTrainGuy. It looks like he has some time on his hands :) .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Don Simon wrote:
Y@ wrote:
Mr. Tops wrote:Thanks! I have no life. :P :lol: :cry:
Me either. :)
Perhaps you can hook up with MuskegonTrainGuy. It looks like he has some time on his hands :) .
I already have, he has the first seniority date on the Musketawa RR; I hired him on the spot. He will be uploding the flashers and turning the lights and making the gates go down when the train is not coming. :wink: :P

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:I already have, he has the first seniority date on the Musketawa RR; I hired him on the spot. He will be uploding the flashers and turning the lights and making the gates go down when the train is not coming. :wink: :P
You are a creative and benevolent ruler...err, owner :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Paint Scheme has been updated. Check it out :wink:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:Paint Scheme has been updated. Check it out :wink:
Where is it?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Look on page one Don...
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:Look on page one Don...
Oops, thanks :oops:

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Since Sappi has closed, the stock pile of coal that remains at the mill has been sold and will be loaded into hoppers and sent out. It is not certain how much coal is there but it is estimated several hundred cars worth. We can spot up to 25 cars for them to load in 24 hours. Although this is temporary traffic, we hope to find a user for the boat slip at the former mill to facilitate another boat to train terminal.

We have also purchased 3 more SD40-2s via auction; UP 3143, UP 3199, UP 3227 to handle increased shipments and future growth as our traffic is at the point where a second road train needs to be added. We are also looking at another pair of GP39-2s.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:Since Sappi has closed, the stock pile of coal that remains at the mill has been sold and will be loaded into hoppers and sent out. It is not certain how much coal is there but it is estimated several hundred cars worth. We can spot up to 25 cars for them to load in 24 hours.
Maybe West Olive can buy it and you can have 25 car shuttle trains for a few weeks :)

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Don Simon wrote:
Mr. Tops wrote:Since Sappi has closed, the stock pile of coal that remains at the mill has been sold and will be loaded into hoppers and sent out. It is not certain how much coal is there but it is estimated several hundred cars worth. We can spot up to 25 cars for them to load in 24 hours.
Maybe West Olive can buy it and you can have 25 car shuttle trains for a few weeks :)
I don't care who buys it or where it goes :P , but yes, the cuts of 25 cars will be a common sight for a few weeks. I'm not even sure what type of coal it is -- all I know is the mill got it from Chicago via ship.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

I have added photos of the cars that we use to serve our customers on the original post where the customers are listed. Also added photos of our engines in their former lives. :P We have three large accounts for car leases with MWCX (Midwest Railcar), AOK (Arkansas & Oklahoma RR) and HELM. Each is listed in detail in the original post. As time progresses, I may transfer some customers' cars from one lessor to the other.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Here are the train lineups for 12/7/09 on the Musketawa Railroad. All three of the switchers combine their cars to form the RNA3 08 for the next morning. WNP3 07 did some yard work and built RNA3's train after they returned to North Yard. The way the road train is built, is SHA9's cars are always on the head end; but each day, when arriving back at North Yard, WNP3 cuts their St. Mary's Cement cars off and tacks them onto the front of SHA9's cars as to keep all of the heavy cars on the head end.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

December 7, 2009

WNA6 07 (Muskegon-Fremont Turn) Southbound returning to North Yard

MSK 1247
MSK 1230

2 (E) Gerber (T) corn syrup
1 (E) Gerber (CH) flour
10 (L) Gerber (B) baby food
1 (E) Bayer (T) hydrochloric acid
3 (L) Fremont Co-op (CH) grain
8 (E) Blarney Castle (T) methanol
1 (E) Brinks (T) nitrogen solution

26 total

SHA9 07 (Muskegon switcher) delivering to North Yard

MSK 1231

20 (L) Nugent (CH)
5 (E) Webb (T)
15 (L) Sappi Coal Removal (H)
3 (E) Coles Bakery (CH)
9 (L) Verplanks (H)
1 (E) Mart Dock (B)
8 (L) Shoreline Recycling (G)
2 (E) Weber Lumber (CB)
7 (E) RIP Track

70 total (total cars handled)

WNP3 07 (Muskegon-Grand Haven Turn) Northbound returning to North Yard
*this train runs in pull-pull mode

MSK 1233
MSK 1246

7 (L) St. Mary's Cement (CH)
3 (L) Herman Miller (B)
2 (E) Bay (B)
5 (L) Shape (B)

17 total (did not switch IzzyDesign or Lakeside Steel Products)

RNA3 08 (Muskegon-Grand Rapids Turn) Southbound from Muskegon

MSK 3199
MSK 3047
MSK 2977
MSK 2976

7 (L) St. Mary's Cement (CH)
20 (L) Nugent (CH)
5 (E) Webb (T)
15 (L) Sappi Coal Removal (H)
3 (E) Coles Bakery (CH)
9 (L) Verplanks (H)
1 (E) Mart Dock (B)
8 (L) Shoreline Recycling (G)
2 (E) Weber Lumber (CB)
7 (E) RIP Track
3 (L) Herman Miller (B)
2 (E) Bay (B)
5 (L) Shape (B)
2 (E) Gerber (T) corn syrup
1 (E) Gerber (CH) flour
10 (L) Gerber (B) baby food
1 (E) Bayer (T) hydrochloric acid
3 (L) Fremont Co-op (CH) grain
8 (E) Blarney Castle (T) methanol
1 (E) Brinks (T) nitrogen solution

117 total (80x37) - 5,470 ft - 8,925 ton

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Paint scheme has been tweaked again. The front and rear noses have been simplified.

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... ketawa.gif
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... _front.gif

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like the white face scheme...like BN used to have

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

I like the paint scheme! I've gone through modeling the Muskegon branch in HO in a couple phases over the years. I had a short line named Michigan Western for a while, but settled on modeling contemporary CSX in the mid-late 90s. Its a great line to model! I had a ten track version of North Yard that pretty closely matched the actual track layout, and a 18ft extension off the main board for the South Horn. Its still in my mom's attic...if worse comes to worse and I have to pack up my current layout, North Yard will be seeing some action again!