Paper Railroads

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Y@
Ass. Janitor

Paper Railroads

Unread post by Y@ »

This is the thread to post your "Paper Railroad" info. I'll start.

Due to a recent operating system switch, I've moved from the Ohio Northern, to the Chicago Minnesota & Southern RR (CMS). It's a midwest Class I that is "stuck in the 90's." Rostering all EMD power, with a main fleet of SD60's and SD40-2's. I'll attach the complete roster later.

Here is SD60 8100.
http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/att ... 1235520932
Bottom text.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Paper Railroads

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Pere Marquette Railway Co., operating in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. Former AA to Toledo, trackage rights on Amtrak and South Shore to Chicago. Full story here: http://peremarquette.webs.com/
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Marquette Ontonagon & Western. Former ELS, LS&I, WC/CNW and Soo trackage Stretching from Sault St Marie, to Duluth MN, and South to Green Bay and the Twin Cities, Subsidaries of the MO&W are the Cedar Valley (An all ALCo shortline in Iowa), Hancock & Northern (An All ALCo shortline that takes care of the all the work in the Keewenaw Penninsula, and the Twin Cities Southern, a Small Terminal Railroad that does a lot of the local switching work in the Twin Cities. The MO&W is an all EMD Fleet with power ranging from GP9Rs and SD9Rs to SD70s. Also a Jointly owned venture by both the MO&W and the PM is the Quaility Rail Leasing. Minor Repairs by QRLX Can be done On the PM or in the Marquette on the MO&W. Major Repairs/Rebuilding take place on the PM.

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Relm 1:

MichRail (Michigan Railroad Corp.)

Railroads Included:

Huron and Eastern
St Joseph Railway
Chesapeake & Michigan
Croswell Peck & Lexington
Turtle Creek Central
St Paul Great Western

Relm 2:

Michigan Airline Corp:
MAL RR
Grand Rapids Northern (runs exGRI- Grand Rapids to Cadillac)
Huron and Eastern.

Dave C

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Railnut wrote:Relm 1:

MichRail (Michigan Railroad Corp.)

Railroads Included:

Huron and Eastern
St Joseph Railway
Chesapeake & Michigan
Croswell Peck & Lexington
Turtle Creek Central
St Paul Great Western

Relm 2:

Michigan Airline Corp:
MAL RR
Grand Rapids Northern (runs exGRI- Grand Rapids to Cadillac)
Huron and Eastern.

Dave C

I sense a common theme in your railroads. Have you perhaps considered modelling the great Eastern Huron Railway in your 3rd Relm? :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Charles W.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

My railroad will be the Pinconning, Mayville and Sebawing also known as the PMS. :wink:
It will interchange at Mayville, picking up grain and hops for the Golden Pheasant Brewry in Sebawing, potatoes for Made Rite chips in Bay City and animal feed for Pinconning.
It will run a tri weekly delivery special of beer, chips, cheese and processed deli meats to the three bars in the towns of Duel, Crump and Willard via the DCW branch. :mrgreen:
It will be a fitfull RR, averaging one unexplainable flareup a month but it always seems to right itself and get back to functioning normal, at least for a month. :mrgreen:
It has 12 RS3 road switchers in pristine condition. Although it could get by with 3 it keeps all 12 and is sometimes worried that it's ...ASSETS .... are to large, in comparison to its size. :wink:
Once a month it delivers a unit train of tank cars loaded with waste to the PMDD ( Pigeon, Marlette, Deford and Deckerville) railroad. The engineer on the PMDD is usually very cranky and the PMS crew does their best to avoid to the engineer of the PMDD.
The PMDD delivers the unit train of waste to the YAZ ( Yale, Armada & Zilwaukee ) railroad for final delivery to the Waste Management Company for processing.
Long term plans is to merge the aquire short lines in the thumb over the next 30 years and form the Mayville, Essexville, North Branch, Oxford, Pigeon, Armada, Ubly, Sebawing, & Elkton Railroad, also known as the MENOPAUSE RR, thus bringing to an end the PMS, PMDD & YAZ.
After a fitfull start up, she settles down into the grandmother of all railroads, serving the public with a smile. :lol:
Last edited by hobojim on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

my railroad uses the old gtw tracks from durand to baycity they also have trackage rights from saginaw to clare on the old c&o ludington sub. then frome clare to elberta on the old ann arbor tracks also the old gr&i tracks to mackinac city, where carferrys are operated at both locations to kewanee wi with the gbw, manistique mi with the mwrc to the old south shores tracks. then at st ignance the mwrc took over the old dss&a tracks they interchange with d&m ls&i wc soo lsrc gbw cn els dt&i

heres some of my railroad locomotives
f45 came from wc
gp35 ex aa
sw1200rs ex cn bnsf inspired paint
the s1 was baught new
the gp20d is a lease unit stationed at baycity
http://railroadfan.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=709

Last edited by astrovanman1989 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

bump

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

When things slow down on the job I'll join in this thread :D
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

I sense a common theme in your railroads. Have you perhaps considered modelling the great Eastern Huron Railway in your 3rd Relm? :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
..Nah..sounds to Asian......

I have the HESR retooled roster nearly complete..the HESR train schedual is complete..CPMG is next.

Dave C

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

I guess I'll jump in. My railroad is the Plymouth Toledo & Western. Runs on the old C&O Plymouth, Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids Terminal, Saginaw, and Toledo Terminal Subs. The locomotive types include C40-8Ws, C40-8s, SD40-2s, GP40-2s, and B36-7s, and an SD60M recently saved of scrapping from CP Rail. Also, they have their own (Limited) passenger service along the line. More information will come later.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Here's two of our SD40-2's recently brought out of storage. The 6911 is former UP, and the 6915 is a rebuilt former IC SD40-2, now an SD40-2X.

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/att ... 1236543345
http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/att ... 1236543345
Bottom text.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Well I have been slowly getting paper work out from when I was going to model the "NEW" RI, and turned it into my paper railroad. I have been redoing some of the map. So look for it next time I spend 20 hours in the hotel.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

My paper railroad is Pontiac Oxford & Northern. Its the old Cass City Sub that GTW once operated way back.
but mind has a few new twist. PO&N has trackage right on the CN holly sub From Pontiac yard down to Flat Rock yard
were we interchange with the I&ORY. The track runs north thru Pontiac, Oxford, Imaly city , North Branch, Clifford
Wilmont, Cass City,Gagetown,Pigeon and Caseville. A branch line Runs from Cass City east to Bad Axe and Harbor Beach.We interchange with CN at Imaly City and HESR at Clifford and Pigeon.
PO&N owns a regional railroad called Caro Sandusky & Sanilac County that runs from Caro,Wilmont,Sandusky and ends at Peck. Roster,map,paint scheme and timetable is still work in progress
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I've created another new one. This one is the regional Northern Ohio Belt RR (NOBL). It consists of the MAW from New Haven, IN to Maumee, OH, the former NKP Clover Leaf from Whitehouse to Van Wert, the Auglaize Branch from Cloverdale to Delphos and Lima, and the former Grain Belt from Napoleon to Findlay.

I'll put the route map up later on, as well as all the industries along the individual lines and the power roster.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Bottom text.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Y@, you paint scheme is very boring and very basic. Mine is simple but it looks good. Engines that are one solid color is boring... :mrgreen:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The old GTW Cass City Sub is my PO&N. It is now divided into two sections: Imlay City to North Branch and Cass City to Caseville. I started out in 1984 as one connected line.

Oxford-IC was abandoned and removed in the early 1990's when aggregate from Oxford and lumber to Dryden stopped due to plant closings.

When CMGN and HESR were merged by RA around 2004, NB-CC was abandoned and removed a year later. We handled quite a bit of overhead traffic from CN to HESR at Clifford and Pigeon until 2004. But CN prefered handing it to CMGN directly in Durand after the merger.

IC-NB is kept open by a pickle plant in IC, and two elevators (North IC and NB). The pickle plant ships out around 5 cars a week and the elevators each ship around 8-10 15 car blocks of grain annually and receive about a dozen cars of fertilizer each. An ex-GTW SW1200RS (one of early models 1500-1503) is the current power. Only the GT was painted out.

CC-Caseville has five elevators that between them ship out around six 65 car untis per year (the huge elevator in Pigeon is switched by HESR, not me). HESR will drop off a block of 65 cars and we'll shuttle/switch the five elevators until the 65 cars are loaded and staged in Pigeon for HESR. HESR provides the cars so we don't have to honor the CSX 24 hour turn around rule and we can take a few days to load all the cars. A couple of the elevaotrs also get some fertilizer. There's a Terra fertilizer dealer in Linkville that gets a little more fertilizer than the elevators. And Cass City has a sugar beet loading yard that ships 300-400 cars per season (about 21 weeks long) to HESR who takes them to Monitor in Bay City. Power on the northern section is a pair of ex-GTW SW1200's. (later models 1512-1519). Only the GT was painted out.

One crew us used for both segments. We also own 100 former GTW 100 ton covered hoppers. They get steady use from PO&N online and other MI based short lines.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

While on my break, I've come up with another new railroad. The Denver Fort Worth & Western. I'll put up a roster sometime in the near future, as well as a map.

As a preview, it's a funnel route from the Pacific Northwest, south through the Rockies, into Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. It's affiliate the Pacific Coast & Southern also throws in intermodal traffic interchanged in Amarillo that runs to Kansas City via the Panhandle Sub and the joint DFW/CMS Kansas Speedway between Wichita and Kansas City.

Power ranges from older GP40-2's and B40-8's to newer AC44's and SD70MAC's.

Main commodities are coal, perishables, and intermodal.

Largest yard is Pueblo, while headquarters are in Fort Worth.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Here's the roster for the DFW, as well as units on long term lease.

DFW
AC4400CW 200-269
GP40-2 2600-2629
GP40-2 2852-2866
SD40T-2 3800-3812
SD50 5000-5137
SD40-2 8100-8109
SD40-2 8114-8129
SD40-2 8136-8157
B40-8 8200-8262
SD45T-2 8280-8299
C40-8 8700-8749
SD70MAC 9100-9144
MP15DC 9341-9350
GP60 9800-9802

Long Term Lease Units
NALX SD40-2 6600-6604, 6608, 6618, 6624-6628, 6631
NALX SD40-2 8214-8215, 8221-8222, 8229-8233, 8241-8242
NALX SD60 8300-8309
NALX SD40-2 8902, 8910, 8912, 8916, 8920, 8922-8923, 8927, 8934 (helper service)
Last edited by Y@ on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bottom text.