AA

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: AA

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I want a dozen and a half of them...and I'll pay more thean the offering price cause all of the DGRPs locos are EMDs...and we've got piles of parts in wyoming
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:I want a dozen and a half of them...and I'll pay more thean the offering price cause all of the DGRPs locos are EMDs...and we've got piles of parts in wyoming
We'll take the rest, we aren't in a fix for power but our scrap locals sometimes hit 45 cars.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:I want a dozen and a half of them...and I'll pay more thean the offering price cause all of the DGRPs locos are EMDs...and we've got piles of parts in wyoming
We'll take the rest, we aren't in a fix for power but our scrap locals sometimes hit 45 cars.
Cool. get me road ##s and let me know when they are ready to roll and I'll send an SD70ace lite down to get them at Howell. Also, what stage are these in? -2, -3? dosn't really matter, were going to upgrade them to -3 anyway.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Yea divide the road numbers up for 18 for DGR&P(MQT) and 7 forTC&P.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:Yea divide the road numbers up for 18 for DGR&P(MQT) and 7 forTC&P.
360-377 will go to DGR&P and 378-384 will go to TC&P they will be patched up tonight and we will leave them at Osmer tommorow morning
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
360-377 will go to DGR&P and 378-384 will go to TC&P they will be patched up tonight and we will leave them at Osmer tommorow morning
Ok, TC&P 1002(B40-8C) will be up there to pick them up bright and early, when you give them clearance on to your tracks call them I001-43. They will also pick up V773-21.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

the GP35s will be delivered like this
Tc&p by YpsiAmtrakBoy, on Flickr
DGR&P by YpsiAmtrakBoy, on Flickr

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Sounds good.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
Don't need to patch them (can if you want) cause DGR&P SD70ACe #6019 is currently at Fox Siding, waiting for a CP stack train to clear up...then its all clear to Ann Pere :)

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

MQT3001 wrote: Don't need to patch them (can if you want) cause DGR&P SD70ACe #6019 is currently at Fox Siding, waiting for a CP stack train to clear up...then its all clear to Ann Pere :)
the shop rews are painting over all of the logos as we speak, they expect to be done before midnight. SD70Ace 100 and SD70ACe 105 will be leaving Toledo at 6:00 am tommorow and be at CP Osmer by 7:30. (there are 3 tracks at Osmer now) DGR&P's 18 units will be on track 3 and TC&P's units will be on track 2.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote: Don't need to patch them (can if you want) cause DGR&P SD70ACe #6019 is currently at Fox Siding, waiting for a CP stack train to clear up...then its all clear to Ann Pere :)
the shop rews are painting over all of the logos as we speak, they expect to be done before midnight. SD70Ace 100 and SD70ACe 105 will be leaving Toledo at 6:00 am tommorow and be at CP Osmer by 7:30. (there are 3 tracks at Osmer now) DGR&P's 18 units will be on track 3 and TC&P's units will be on track 2.
good....this will give them enough time to grab the old LSRC alco/ge/mlw units brought down from the LSRC today. the consist of units they will grab is:
• LSRC 181 C425M-AC
• LSRC 281 C425M-AC
• LSRC 381 C425M-AC
• LSRC 469 RS2u
• LSRC 798 M420W
• LSRC 974 RS3M
• LSRC 975 RS3M
• LSRC 1280 C425M-AC
• LSRC 3500 M420W
• LSRC 3504 M420W
• LSRC 3504 M420W
• LSRC 3515 M420W

(in this senario, none of the old LSRC/D&M units were scrapped)
Looks like it will be a unique sight for railfans along the plymouth sub tomorrow. The LSRC units are being brought to Wyoming to get ready for the summer dinner and beach commuter trains....they haven't run on a train in 3 years, but all the units do run, as the saginaw shop crews did an awesome job getting them fit to run. However, they will all be dead it tow, so no smoke :( ) The crew will die on the AA, so expect the recrew to take over at Ann Pere at 800 EDT

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ok, I001-43 will be leaving Toledo at about 6:30 AM and will be at Osmer at about 7:45 AM to pick up the units.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The gp35s arrived at osmer on time this morning at 7:30. The SD70ACe's tied up in Ann arbor

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TC&P 1002 sitting in Stanley with 8 GP35's picked up from Osmer this morning, waiting for V773-21 from the GR&P.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:But there is some good news, The AA will start operating Michigan Game Day commuter Trains this season for the michigan games, they will be buying 4 ex-metra F40Ph's and 2 Amtrak P32-8's, along with 36 bilevel commuter cars and 2 business cars.
The 4 ex- Metra F40Ph's are set to arrive in Toledo Tommorow morning off of an NS manifest, and the 2 P32's will be droped off in Ann Arbor by Amtrak 350 tommorow afternoon. The Units will be repainted this week as well.

The 36 bilevel commuter cars will be delivered to Owosso routed from hicage to Toledo, then up to Owosso some time early next week. The coaches have already passed break test and need no referbishing. Coaches will be re-lettered at Owosso

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today at 7:24 pm GP38's 6919 and 6918 we involved in a collision at Morgan road in Saline (just north of Pittsfield Junction) with a gasoline truck. The truck was heading west and decided to take a chance on the dirt road, he lost. The 6919 was leading long hood forward so the crew was able to bail out of the unit before the fire was too much. both units became engulfed in flames, and the Pittsfield township and Ann Arbor Fire departments responded to the call. the fire was out by 7:59 pm with no injuries reported. The Gasoline truk driver has been suspended from work and will be investigated. The 6919 and 6918 are still sitting on the mainline badly damaged by the fire, they will be wrapped and set out on Pittsfield junction until the morning. It is unclear weather AA will try to fix the units or if they will be sold to a scrapping company.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Today at 7:24 pm GP38's 6919 and 6918 we involved in a collision at Morgan road in Saline (just north of Pittsfield Junction) with a gasoline truck. The truck was heading west and decided to take a chance on the dirt road, he lost. The 6919 was leading long hood forward so the crew was able to bail out of the unit before the fire was too much. both units became engulfed in flames, and the Pittsfield township and Ann Arbor Fire departments responded to the call. the fire was out by 7:59 pm with no injuries reported. The Gasoline truk driver has been suspended from work and will be investigated. The 6919 and 6918 are still sitting on the mainline badly damaged by the fire, they will be wrapped and set out on Pittsfield junction until the morning. It is unclear weather AA will try to fix the units or if they will be sold to a scrapping company.
Sorry to hear about that, if you want send the damaged locos on an interchange train to the DT&C where we could take them the the shops in Lima and rebuild them for a fairly low price.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote: Sorry to hear about that, if you want send the damaged locos on an interchange train to the DT&C where we could take them the the shops in Lima and rebuild them for a fairly low price.
Ok thanks. It is still unclear if the units will be salvaged, they are wrapped at Pittsfield junction right now.

AA SW1500 9999 and genset 1 came down from Ann Arbor to take the train into ferry yard in Ann arbor

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote: Sorry to hear about that, if you want send the damaged locos on an interchange train to the DT&C where we could take them the the shops in Lima and rebuild them for a fairly low price.
Ok thanks. It is still unclear if the units will be salvaged, they are wrapped at Pittsfield junction right now.

AA SW1500 9999 and genset 1 came down from Ann Arbor to take the train into ferry yard in Ann arbor
Ok just let me know, but if you wait until Wednesday they are going to be put behind the SD60TM-3 project for thee TSCR.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

I'll take 'em for scrap...we'll strip the good bits off for our EMD fleet then push the rest to Padnos in GR...only two miles from our shops. We'll pay a good price becuase we use the parts. Our fleet is 95% EMD