HESR Midland Sub Movement (5-30-2008)

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

HESR Midland Sub Movement (5-30-2008)

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

On my way home from work about half an hour ago, while crossing the HESR Midland Sub, I caught a glimpse of headlights on the other side of I-75. Since I didn't have a camera and the fact that I was pretty tired anyway, I didn't stick around to watch the train. But...that was probably about 10:10pm.

Also, on the way in to work this morning, I noticed something slightly unusual. I drive by what I think is the Bangor Twp. offices (corner of Three Mile Rd and Midland Rd (?) ), and there was one van that was ripped open on the driver's side that's been parked for at least a couple weeks. Yesterday or the day before there were suddenly three more older cars sitting next to the van. On the way in this morning, one of those cars was suddenly totaled, but it really looked more like it was an Operation Lifesaver victim moreso than anything else- the heaviest damage was right in the center of the car and it looked like it had been pushed down a railroad track. Was there some sort of Operation Lifesaver or similar demonstration in the Bay City area this week?
~ Charles W.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The HESR job to Midland usually heads west out of Bay City between 10-11pm.

The Monitor Township Fire Department is at the township hall so id assume that cars were there for a jaws of life training session.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Yeah- that's what I meant. Monitor Twp. And the cars were in the lot behind the FD...
~ Charles W.