UP 1988 (Katy Heritage Unit) Heading For CN To Detroit

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Caught up with 1988 at Cory yard today. Also chased him to another spot, but I won't say where because I am using the photo I got at that spot for a where is it thread.
Here's my favorite shot of the day, at the Cory signals.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Great shot Gregg! I know you don't want to give out much, but can you atleast tell us if he was going east or west?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Well Gregg,

I have several pictures from that location, but I'll keep my mouth shut. :lol:
Norm

mikekmac
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikekmac »

Chrisracer8903 wrote:Great shot Gregg! I know you don't want to give out much, but can you atleast tell us if he was going east or west?
I'm going to say west. That has to be 69 in the background, so I'm guessing this is the north end of Cory and that's Billwood Highway crossing L to R in the foreground.

Here's a view from the same compass point, but a few miles further south and west:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/railhead79 ... 4/sizes/l/

-Mike

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

If you read my lines closely, you will see that I stated the shot was at Cory. The other shot, from the "other location" is the where is it shot.

mikekmac
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikekmac »

Gregg Pullano wrote:If you read my lines closely, you will see that I stated the shot was at Cory. The other shot, from the "other location" is the where is it shot.
I knew you said Cory, Gregg--I was responding to the person who asked if it the Katy was heading west or east. But I was guessing, because I haven't explored that end of the yard. In fact, until today I didn't know that was -called- Cory Yard. I discovered it last September when I was poking around on the west side, but compared to the Snow Rd yard I explored the same day,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/railhead79 ... 841809088/

it seemed...unfinished. Quiet, to be sure.

-Mike

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Yes, it was going west.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Gregg Pullano wrote:If you read my lines closely, you will see that I stated the shot was at Cory. The other shot, from the "other location" is the where is it shot.
So where is this "other shot?"

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

M100 at Potterville