Michigan Short Line Updates: June 2020

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Plannerdad
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Michigan Short Line Updates: June 2020

Unread post by Plannerdad »

Must have been a long line of hoppers EB on the GRE. Lowell is full again. The new ones are AEX, one number is 23585.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Loaded on the IAIS in Council Bluffs IA on the 15th. Gavilon has a location there, google earth shows an intermodal terminal. Barlett Grain has a location with lots of rail access.
Planner dad: Did you notice the new looking overhead truss between the bins on the south to the mill on the north?
Any info on the new product? I've noticed some more NS cars that trace back to the facility on the Chicago River

Plannerdad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Plannerdad »

They had a big crane at King earlier this month installing the overhead trusses, and there was discussion of a new product, with outbounds possible by rail. My contact at a connecting railroad was an economic victim of COVID, so I will have to follow up with someone else. But I have noticed more NS cars. I hope something goes out by rail. I follow a lot of trucks out of the valley toward I-96!

Patriot
Leonard St. Tower Operator

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE - EB Leonard at 8:40 with six CHs for King
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.

Patriot
Leonard St. Tower Operator

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE - WB Leonard at 12:55 with 18 CHs
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

West Michigan is currently doing their thing behind Hanson’s. They have yet to run into Hartford
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)