CN Updates March 2020

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by nichoff81 »

Wb mixed freight with 3CN mm 205 at 1934

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:43 am

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by David Lang »

Northbound 514 with usual CN power, about 88 cars, by Linden at 7:54pm. There were a few empty intermodal cars mixed in and its hard to count those from where I am.

Good sized train for 514 tonight.

Just heard the new detector at 56.2 for the first time!! This new one is 3.7 miles closer than at 59.9 in Gaines, and really comes in well on the scanner.

Everyone stay well and safe

David Lang is out.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by KC8RBK »

364 by 205 at 2029

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Eb manifest by 205 at 0820. 2 cn. Ges bellowing away in the snow

MtClemensRailFan
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 pm
Location: Romeo, MI

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by MtClemensRailFan »

A482 through New Haven at 12:16. CN 3202 & GECX 2029 with 109 cars, including some empty frame flats.

nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by nichoff81 »

2 trains passing each other at Mill at 1310

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:43 am

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by David Lang »

Heads up Durand - something just went North by the new Detector at 56.2 Holly Sub with 40 axles. I was in a meeting (working from home now) and didn't catch what it was, although I'm pretty sure it was a train...……...

David Lang

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by Robertrains »

MtClemensRailFan wrote: » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm
A482 through New Haven at 12:16. CN 3202 & GECX 2029 with 109 cars, including some empty frame flats.
OK, looks like ET44AC #2909 is still owned by "GECX!!!!" Now, why would The Diesel Shop site show that it is owned by "CN" now? :? :?
Robertrains wrote: » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:02 pm
I photographed southbound train 383(?) that cleared Masonic Road, Fraser, 1:49 p.m. It had 118 cars (including lots of loaded "Scrap Gondolas") led by CN ET44AC #3202 and "Blue" ET44AC #2909!!!! Now, did CN purchase these GE "Demonstrator" units? :?: If so, I couldn't see any "CN" markings!!!!!!!! On "The Diesel Shop" website it says CN number "3121" is "Ex-GE Demonstrators GECX 2029!!!!" I just saw number "2029!!!!" :shock: That "Contradicts" what the site shows!!!! :roll: It also shows CN "3122-3132" are "Ex-GE Demonstrators GECX 2033-2043!!!!" I have not seen any of these since they were "Supposedly" bought by CN (until today...3-22)!!!!
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

User avatar
DaveO
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 pm
Location: Between here and there

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by DaveO »

Robertrains wrote:
MtClemensRailFan wrote: » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm
A482 through New Haven at 12:16. CN 3202 & GECX 2029 with 109 cars, including some empty frame flats.
OK, looks like ET44AC #2909 is still owned by GECX!!!! Now, why would The Diesel Shop site show that it is owned by "CN" now? :? :?
Robertrains wrote: » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:02 pm
I photographed southbound train 383(?) that cleared Masonic Road, Fraser, 1:49 p.m. It had 118 cars (including lots of loaded "Scrap Gondolas") led by CN ET44AC #3202 and "Blue" ET44AC #2909!!!! Now, did CN purchase these GE "Demonstrator" units? :?: If so, I couldn't see any "CN" markings!!!!!!!! On "The Diesel Shop" website it says CN number "3121" is "Ex-GE Demonstrators GECX 2029!!!!" I just saw number "2029!!!!" :shock: That "Contradicts" what the site shows!!!! :roll: It also shows CN "3122-3132" are "Ex-GE Demonstrators GECX 2033-2043!!!!" I have not seen any of these since they were "Supposedly" bought by CN (until today...3-22)!!!!
Are you talking about 2029 or 2909? Different numbers, different backgrounds.

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:43 am

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by David Lang »

Southbound 514 lite, by Linden at 4:36pm.

David Lang

GTW6401
how bout no
Posts: 7562
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by GTW6401 »

CN owns the 12 units. They were needed ASAP so they ran them in the GECX blue paint.

The 12 GECX ET44AC's are now being repainted by Quality Rail Service in Madison, Illinois. They will be CN 3121-3132.

Some have already been repainted. I saw a photo of CN 3130 on a coal train in Alberta this week.

User avatar
bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am
Location: CN Holly Sub MP17

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by bnsfben »

L514 south light power met L515 north at Royal Oak at 1749. L515 has a single SD60 and 61 cars today.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by Manistique »

bnsfben wrote:L514 south light power met L515 north at Royal Oak at 1749. L515 has a single SD60 and 61 cars today.
And 515 is clawing up the Hill passing MP 22.5 at 6:13 pm at about 30 mph.

GTW6401
how bout no
Posts: 7562
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by GTW6401 »

David Lang wrote:Heads up Durand - something just went North by the new Detector at 56.2 Holly Sub with 40 axles. I was in a meeting (working from home now) and didn't catch what it was, although I'm pretty sure it was a train...……...

David Lang
It was 251. CN 5445 and CN 5651. Covid-19 special - 7 cars, with 3 being autoracks.

User avatar
bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am
Location: CN Holly Sub MP17

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by bnsfben »

L514 north through Royal Oak at 1940. Sd40-2W and SD60

nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by nichoff81 »

Wb with 2CN mm 219 at 2034, did not see what it was pulling as I was passing on the Hwy and it's dark out..

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Wb stack train by 205 at 2321. 2 cn, felt like a pretty big train.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Guessing it's a sand train eb by 205 with 3 cn at 0005.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by Manistique »

Train 116 is rolling SB past MP 22.5 at 6:40 am.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Contact:

Re: CN Updates March 2020

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Just heard desk 8 talking to an O484 that's headed to durand yard to put their train away. Anyone know what this is? 0936

Locked