CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby BL2-1843 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

Sean N wrote:Looks like a train with rail turning west in Plymouth

Turned out to be, at least this morning, a 28 car loaded ribbon rail train with CWRX cars for GLC. K54418 with CSX 102 sat the train off in the Howell pass at 07:30. GLC with 398 leading is currently here picking the train up at 10:00 and will soon be going by the house. K544 departed engine lite at 08:00 but stopped at Williamston to pick up a repaired bad order car in the passing siding there.

Meanwhile, Q32921 went west at 09:00 with EMD 8051 leading, 286 trailing with 84 cars. Q32821 went east at 05:38 with 7792+5457+5422 and 58 cars.
User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
 
Posts: 3896
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Jochs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:23 am

Q327-21 is currently going through St. Joseph. Sounds like CSXT 806 leading.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby SW » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:57 am

WB Q151 turned south at Plymouth. CSX 892 + 8016 + 130 double stacks, 18 singles, and 15 empties.
Northville Steve
User avatar
SW
Rail Trail Explorer
 
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Northville, MI - 1 mile east of MP 79 on the CSX Saginaw Sub

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Jochs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Q326-21 is currently going through St. Joseph with over 10,000 ft. of train.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby dave989 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Q326-21 is currently going through St. Joseph with over 10,000 ft. of train.
Were is this land barge? Need an update please.
dave989
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Grandville, Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby milest303 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:56 pm

dave989 wrote:Q326-21 is currently going through St. Joseph with over 10,000 ft. of train.
Were is this land barge? Need an update please.

Last I heard it was going into siding to wait for a WB coal empty to pass and to get pushers.
milest303
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:05 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby georgehmanning » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:02 pm

@4:16:40pm ET eastbound ​Q326 with CSX #495 and CSX #3277 and 176 cars arriving Bangor Michigan MP 60.93, before that it took siding at Gross, @6:16pm ET DD 44.2 reported Q326 with the two added pusher engines was 10613 feet long
@05:53:02pm ET westbound E800-19 BNSF #9291 & #8433 with 130 empty coal cars arriving Bangor Michigan MP 60.35
georgehmanning
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 pm
Location: Rush Springs, OK

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Jochs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:48 pm

E800 is currently going through St. Joseph.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby MQT1223 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm

326 is at 140th waiting for a re-crew.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)
User avatar
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner
 
Posts: 2901
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 pm
Location: Grandville, Michigan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby BL2-1843 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:26 am

Q32922 by Howell at 08:48 after a 30 minutes delay due to their horn quit working coming into town, with 201+5432 and 82 cars. Happening again later a second time, they will pick up engine 102 from yesterdays GLC ribbon rail train. If it goes on the lead, the first two units will be 102 & 201. Q32822 went east at 07:16 with 495+3277 and 99 cars.
User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
 
Posts: 3896
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 am

BL2-1843 wrote:Q32922 by Howell at 08:48 after a 30 minutes delay due to their horn quit working coming into town, with 201+5432 and 82 cars. Happening again later a second time, they will pick up engine 102 from yesterdays GLC ribbon rail train. If it goes on the lead, the first two units will be 102 & 201. Q32822 went east at 07:16 with 495+3277 and 99 cars.

I'll be back soon to do the DD report by's for Q329 - my stepfather had passed away on Friday the 20th & I'm just peaking in now & then as break from all that has to be done.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby dave989 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:21 am

Q327-22 thru Grandville with CSX 4016 & 286 running elephant style at 10:15.
dave989
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Grandville, Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:44 am

dave989 wrote:Q327-22 thru Grandville with CSX 4016 & 286 running elephant style at 10:15.

Q327-22 @ 10:36am reported by the DD at mp CG19.1 with 70 cars for the axle count. Q327 is running straight thru - no Holland stop. The CSX #4016 had been running on the D700 for a while now.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby LansingRailFan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 am

Tom49801 wrote:
BL2-1843 wrote:Q32922 by Howell at 08:48 after a 30 minutes delay due to their horn quit working coming into town, with 201+5432 and 82 cars. Happening again later a second time, they will pick up engine 102 from yesterdays GLC ribbon rail train. If it goes on the lead, the first two units will be 102 & 201. Q32822 went east at 07:16 with 495+3277 and 99 cars.

I'll be back soon to do the DD report by's for Q329 - my stepfather had passed away on Friday the 20th & I'm just peaking in now & then as break from all that has to be done.



Sorry for your loss, Tom.
LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm
Location: Lansing

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby dave989 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 am

The CSX #4016 had been running on the D700 for a while.
Speaking of D700, did they run today?
dave989
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Grandville, Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 am

dave989 wrote:The CSX #4016 had been running on the D700 for a while.
Speaking of D700, did they run today?

D700 is running, no real progress from Grand Rapids yet but was heard talking to the East Tower - no engine # was mentioned yet. D700 runs Sunday - Thursday.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:27 am

LansingRailFan wrote:
Tom49801 wrote:
BL2-1843 wrote:Q32922 by Howell at 08:48 after a 30 minutes delay due to their horn quit working coming into town, with 201+5432 and 82 cars. Happening again later a second time, they will pick up engine 102 from yesterdays GLC ribbon rail train. If it goes on the lead, the first two units will be 102 & 201. Q32822 went east at 07:16 with 495+3277 and 99 cars.

I'll be back soon to do the DD report by's for Q329 - my stepfather had passed away on Friday the 20th & I'm just peaking in now & then as break from all that has to be done.



Sorry for your loss, Tom.

Thank you very much.
Sounded like Q329 was being reported by the DD at mp CH104.3 @ 11:22am but the DD at mp CG44.2 for Q327 stepped all over that DD report from 104.3
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 am

Q327-22 @ 11:44:30am Bangor's Center Street crossing mp CG60.35 with CSX engines #4016 + #286 & 70 cars.
Q329-22 @ 11:58am reported by the DD mp CH126.3 with 346 axles & 5,137 ft long. CSX engines #102 + #201 + #5432 & 82 cars.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Jochs » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Q327-22 is currently going through Benton Harbor. Sounds like CSXT 4016 leading.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Jochs wrote:Q327-22 is currently going through Benton Harbor. Sounds like CSXT 4016 leading.

And Q326-22 is at New Buffalo mp CG116.5 area, don't know what the plans are for Q327 & Q326 yet.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

x