CN Updates - February 2020

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby nichoff81 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Wb auto rack with 2CN and 1BNSF (orange) mm 205 at 1859
nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby nichoff81 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Wb auto rack with 5 mixed cars at tail end with 2CN mm 205 1914
nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Manistique » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Busy evening on the Holly tonight. First 515 with the EJE power (see post above a few). Then a few minutes later was NB 514 with the dynamic duo of 5340 and 5413 again. Then shortly after that what I presume was a late 251 with a UP leading two CN's. And now at 7:55 pm a geep (maybe 5852 which is stationed at Pontiac) with what looked like an empty ribbon rail train was NB.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Man o' War » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:48 pm

M384 by Mount Clemens depot at 23:40.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby nichoff81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:34 am

Wb stack train with 2CN mm 205 at 0731
nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby nichoff81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 am

Wb mixed freight with 2CN mm 205 at 0828
nichoff81
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am

Train 515 had 5852 doubleheaded with 5459 this morning. The SD60 must have replaced long Pontiac serving 5435. Was hoping for the EJ&E locomotive I saw last night.

Amtrak 353 had two P42's as power. The Chargers are slowly coming back onto the Wolverine trains after being spelled fairly often by the P42's this winter. The two morning trains out of Pontiac have had six cars since the holidays, up from the usual five.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm

Manistique wrote:Busy evening on the Holly tonight. First 515 with the EJE power (see post above a few). Then a few minutes later was NB 514 with the dynamic duo of 5340 and 5413 again. Then shortly after that what I presume was a late 251 with a UP leading two CN's. And now at 7:55 pm a geep (maybe 5852 which is stationed at Pontiac) with what looked like an empty ribbon rail train was NB.


The empty rail cars were picked up by 401. They had CN 3134, 3903 and IC 2461.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7378
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Man o' War » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm

L533S departing Mount Clemens for Detroit at 15:45. CN 5299, 34 cars.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Train 251 was NB past MP 22.5 around 5 pm with two CN's and a BNSF.

Train 515 was returning to Pontiac passing MP 22.5 at 6 pm with only 5459. It left 5852 in Detroit somewhere. It had a long train. Lot of scrap.

Train 514 SB past MP 22.5 at 6:20 pm. Missed the power. It scared a 9 point buck in the backyard.

Busy time on the Holly.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:52 pm

251 has CN 2227, 5633 and BNSF 8222. It was recrewed in Detroit. It passed thru Royal Oak at 1730.

The GTW 5852 was left at East Yard. 533 was going to grab it. The EJE 657 was still in Pontiac this afternoon.

514 had CN 5413 and 5340 again today.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7378
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby Man o' War » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 pm

L533N by Mount Clemens depot at 19:35. GTW 5852, 27 cars. 5852 was swapped with CN 5299 at East Yard.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Robertrains » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Manistique wrote: » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am
Train 515 had 5852 doubleheaded with 5459 this morning. The SD60 must have replaced long Pontiac serving 5435. Was hoping for the EJ&E locomotive I saw last night.

Manistique, does train 515 run on a "Regular" schedule? I want to go catch it with my friend "Mazon" this Saturday (2-15)!!!! It's usually the train that goes to East Yard and works, correct? What time(s) are best to catch it in Daylight, preferably Ferndale? :?: Does it work MoTerm or local industries? Please help and post if you know more about
EJE SD38-2 #657!!!!
That is the one I hope to catch Saturday! :wink: :mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 am

Robertrains wrote:
Manistique wrote: » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am
Train 515 had 5852 doubleheaded with 5459 this morning. The SD60 must have replaced long Pontiac serving 5435. Was hoping for the EJ&E locomotive I saw last night.

Manistique, does train 515 run on a "Regular" schedule? I want to go catch it with my friend "Mazon" this Saturday (2-15)!!!! It's usually the train that goes to East Yard and works, correct? What time(s) are best to catch it in Daylight, preferably Ferndale? :?: Does it work MoTerm or local industries? Please help and post if you know more about
EJE SD38-2 #657!!!!
That is the one I hope to catch Saturday! :wink: :mrgreen:


During the week 515 usually heads south out of Pontiac right before Amtrak 353 (around 9:00 to 9:30) or follows it around 10 am. It heads straight to Milwaukee Junction as far as I know. Sometimes it wyes its train there and does a long shove move up the Mount Clemen's sub to the industries located in that industrial park at 7 Mile Road and/or the one at 8 Mile road (not sure which is switches first). It also handles the Conrail interchange at North Yard from the interchange track at East Yard and it will set off/pick up cars at East Yard if any (this is where 533 often leaves cars for it the night before and where the Detroit Connecting RR Interchange is). It seems to do the East Yard/North Yard work on its way back to Pontiac in the afternoon, often late afternoon if it is busy.

As to Saturdays, this schedule/routine is not always followed. Sometimes it doesn't run at all. Other times this same morning schedule, other times in the afternoon. I should be home Saturday and will try to post that it went by when and if it does.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby KC8RBK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 am

Eb rack train by 205 at 0856 headed for cory. Single up ge giving her all she got but down to a crawl. I heard something about air flow on the radio...probably due to the cold.
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates - February 2020

Unread postby KC8RBK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 am

KC8RBK wrote:Eb rack train by 205 at 0856 headed for cory. Single up ge giving her all she got but down to a crawl. I heard something about air flow on the radio...probably due to the cold.


Lead unit is 6066 and its train 260
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Robertrains » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:24 am

Manistique wrote:
Robertrains wrote:
Manistique wrote: » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am
Train 515 had 5852 doubleheaded with 5459 this morning. The SD60 must have replaced long Pontiac serving 5435. Was hoping for the EJ&E locomotive I saw last night.

Manistique, does train 515 run on a "Regular" schedule? I want to go catch it with my friend "Mazon" this Saturday (2-15)!!!! It's usually the train that goes to East Yard and works, correct? What time(s) are best to catch it in Daylight, preferably Ferndale? :?: Does it work MoTerm or local industries? Please help and post if you know more about
EJE SD38-2 #657!!!!
That is the one I hope to catch Saturday! :wink: :mrgreen:

As to Saturdays, this schedule/routine is not always followed. Sometimes it doesn't run at all. Other times this same morning schedule, other times in the afternoon. I should be home Saturday and will try to post that it went by when and if it does.

Thank You! I hope this works out!
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

515 had the SD60 today instead of the EJE unit. This is the normal power.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Robertrains » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Manistique wrote:515 had the SD60 today instead of the EJE unit. This is the normal power.

Where is "The J" unit working? Is it just sitting in Pontiac when not on 515? I will keep watch on this page tomorrow Manistique.
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates - February 2020─EJE #657!!!!

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Robertrains wrote:
Manistique wrote:515 had the SD60 today instead of the EJE unit. This is the normal power.

Where is "The J" unit working? Is it just sitting in Pontiac when not on 515? I will keep watch on this page tomorrow Manistique.


I don't know about the EJE locomotive. Pontiac seems to have two locomotives assigned to it. As far as I know, there is only one "job" at a time out of Pontiac now, and maybe two a day (an extra 515 sometimes works at night and drifts down the Holly to do work and might also work the old PO&N off the Pontiac Belt Line one night a week). Someone else might have more info on this.

Turns out I have a meeting at Church tomorrow morning so I will not be home to watch for 515 for you while there. Sorry.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

x