CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby ThomasACu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:09 am

Q326-01 through Michigan City at 8:02 ET

CSXT 8060 (SD40-2) on the point
{Insert Interesting Signature Here}
ThomasACu
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby CantBeShook.WeHot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 am

q32601 new buffalo MI. q32731 arrived Chicago 4am. q32801 south lyon MI. q32901 south lyon MI.
d70001 waverly Holland MI. d70731 arrived lansing 6am. d70801 set for 2pm lansing.
n80031, e80101, e80001 in system. e80031 wells MI. n80131 grand junction MI. d80101,d80201 in system.
q15001 set for noon north Baltimore. q15101 set for 10:30am Detroit. q13131 avon IN. q50801 set for 10am Cincinnati. q50901 consaul ave OH CTT26.
User avatar
CantBeShook.WeHot
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:31 am

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby GP30M4216 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 am

Zeeland industry report:

There is a freshly delivered BNSF covered hopper on the spur at Van Den Bosch feed, their first car in a few months. Either one or two covered hoppers currently at Plastcore. Two empty centerbeams at Zeeland Lumber. They are by far the busiest of the three, sometimes getting switched 3x per week.
GP30M4216
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Holland, MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby BL2-1843 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:52 am

CantBeShook.WeHot wrote:Q32801 south lyon MI. Q32901 south lyon MI. D70731 arrived lansing 6am. D70801 set for 2pm Lansing.


D70731 that arrived in Lansing at 06:00 was just another D708 east end job to Brighton and back. After being annulled Monday and Tuesday, as well as twice last week, I'll believe it when I see it if they actually run one today as this could be a permanent annulment. Overnight, they were at Fowlerville switching the old Thermofil plant by 01:15, by Howell at 03;05 with 17 cars, ran around their train at Brighton, set off the Ann Pere set off in the transfer, picked up the 25 cars GLC left for them in the Howell pass on Monday and still beat Q328 back to Lasing. Now that Thai-Summit seems to be sending no more scrap by rail, there is only two plastic plant industries at Fowlerville to switch other than GLC at Ann Pere, a once a month industry delivery in South Lyon and whatever occasional shorts they get for Webberville. Doc will say they the Unions wont allow it, but they have done it many times before, have 328 set off the Ann Pere cars there instead of Lansing, and 329 pick up the Ann Pere cars instead of Lansing, and they could just run D707 to Fowlerville and back twice a week (like they have lately) and kiss D708 goodbye forever.

Meanwhile, Q32801 went east by Howell at 07:52 with 48+455 and 116 cars, and Q32901 went west with 3367+357 and 85 cars.
User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby GP30M4216 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 am

Q329 by MA in Lansing at 09:55 with consist as described. Stone up front.
GP30M4216
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: Holland, MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby SD80MAC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:25 am

Q326 with a pair of SD40-2s is currently picking up two extra motors in Holland from Y121.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
Image
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 8096
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby AARR » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am

Eastbound mixed freight on Detroit Sub. Missed the lead engines but there’s a mid train GE unit.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 30967
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Jochs » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 pm

P370-01 is currently going through Benton Harbor, more or less on time (GASP!) :lol:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Beckyklisslover6814 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Poor d708 q327 went pasee Bangor with two oldies and a long stray of cars the last car was a generator flatbed
Beckyklisslover6814
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Beckyklisslover6814 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:15 pm

And also Amtrak 370 went by Bangor and was not late for its good start to the month with a consist of 1 Siemens charger 3 horizons and 1 fleet.
Beckyklisslover6814
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Beckyklisslover6814 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:45 pm

A coal is currently going slowly thru st joe and Benton harbour
Beckyklisslover6814
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Jochs » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Crazy reception tonight.
Sounds like Z025-01 has released their EC1 and is now clear of the east switch at Minooka.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 7 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby tsinoms » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:55 am

Q329 should be about Breton St. in GR. Heard at least a GE but couldn't hear if the 40-2's were still on it. Solid K5LA on the leader.

D801 also cleared a pair WB at Saugatuck 0250.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.
User avatar
tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby SD80MAC » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:37 am

The SD40-2s from yesterday’s Q326 went back to Chicago on Q327. On their way back Grand Rapids today on Q326 again. CSX 911 and 1776 are trailing 8060 and 8836.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
Image
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 8096
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby JTS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 am

BL2-1843 wrote:
CantBeShook.WeHot wrote:Q32801 south lyon MI. Q32901 south lyon MI. D70731 arrived lansing 6am. D70801 set for 2pm Lansing.


D70731 that arrived in Lansing at 06:00 was just another D708 east end job to Brighton and back. After being annulled Monday and Tuesday, as well as twice last week, I'll believe it when I see it if they actually run one today as this could be a permanent annulment. Overnight, they were at Fowlerville switching the old Thermofil plant by 01:15, by Howell at 03;05 with 17 cars, ran around their train at Brighton, set off the Ann Pere set off in the transfer, picked up the 25 cars GLC left for them in the Howell pass on Monday and still beat Q328 back to Lasing. Now that Thai-Summit seems to be sending no more scrap by rail, there is only two plastic plant industries at Fowlerville to switch other than GLC at Ann Pere, a once a month industry delivery in South Lyon and whatever occasional shorts they get for Webberville. Doc will say they the Unions wont allow it, but they have done it many times before, have 328 set off the Ann Pere cars there instead of Lansing, and 329 pick up the Ann Pere cars instead of Lansing, and they could just run D707 to Fowlerville and back twice a week (like they have lately) and kiss D708 goodbye forever.

Meanwhile, Q32801 went east by Howell at 07:52 with 48+455 and 116 cars, and Q32901 went west with 3367+357 and 85 cars.

Relax. Nothing is getting annulled permanently. Regular assigned conductor and extra board conductor are both on vacation.
JTS
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Beckyklisslover6814 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 am

SD80MAC wrote:The SD40-2s from yesterday’s Q326 went back to Chicago on Q327. On their way back Grand Rapids today on Q326 again. CSX 911 and 1776 are trailing 8060 and 8836.
yaya the 911 and 1776 can pull the safety train tonight
Beckyklisslover6814
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby SD80MAC » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:10 am

Y106 east at Fox, 2011 leading 9 cars, including 7 tanks for Alto at 09:10.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
Image
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 8096
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Tom49801 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:22 am

Beckyklisslover6814 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:The SD40-2s from yesterday’s Q326 went back to Chicago on Q327. On their way back Grand Rapids today on Q326 again. CSX 911 and 1776 are trailing 8060 and 8836.
yaya the 911 and 1776 can pull the safety train tonight

Q326 reported from mp 95 @ 10:18am for those who may be watching for this train.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby ~Z~ » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:43 am

D70002 east at Bangor at 10:40am, CSXT 4036, 7 short covered hoppers and 1 tall gon from Hartford.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com
User avatar
~Z~
Sofa King Admin
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:14 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - August 2019

Unread postby Beckyklisslover6814 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 am

Tom49801 wrote:
Beckyklisslover6814 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:The SD40-2s from yesterday’s Q326 went back to Chicago on Q327. On their way back Grand Rapids today on Q326 again. CSX 911 and 1776 are trailing 8060 and 8836.
yaya the 911 and 1776 can pull the safety train tonight

Q326 reported from mp 95 @ 10:18am for those who may be watching for this train.

I think they were trailing because tonight a q327 with them leading is going to have them pull a safety train
Beckyklisslover6814
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Next

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

x