CN Updates- April 2019

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby GTW6401 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:14 pm

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:As of 6pm yesterday, CN 3076 and Mystery Blue Painted 2036 sitting at River Rouge Power Plant.


GECX 2036 (ET44AC).
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7260
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Bay City to Apollo Beach.

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 pm

One of those new Amtrak Charger locomotives is at the Pontiac depot on CN's Holly Sub along with an GE Genesis unit. 4616. It was reported earlier on another area of this website and I saw it around 2 pm today. Might have been left there after the "test" Amtrak train ran yesterday to Pontiac left to return to Chicago last night.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:26 pm

NB Loram work train pulled into Mount Clemens yard at 13:30 or so. Not sure what they are doing. Been working around the MTC, Shoreline, Holly confluence the past few days.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Robertrains » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Man o' War wrote:NB Loram work train pulled into Mount Clemens yard at 13:30 or so. Not sure what they are doing. Been working around the MTC, Shoreline, Holly confluence the past few days.

Man o' War

COOL!!!!! :mrgreen: This is that "Rail Grinder" like the one that was here last August, correct? I really want to catch them "Grinding!!!!" What are the chances they'll be "Grinding" on the Mt. Clemens Sub. this weekend? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Train 515 was NB past MP 22.5 on its way back to Pontiac at 4:20 pm.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Robertrains wrote:
Man o' War wrote:NB Loram work train pulled into Mount Clemens yard at 13:30 or so. Not sure what they are doing. Been working around the MTC, Shoreline, Holly confluence the past few days.

Man o' War

COOL!!!!! :mrgreen: This is that "Rail Grinder" like the one that was here last August, correct? I really want to catch them "Grinding!!!!" What are the chances they'll be "Grinding" on the Mt. Clemens Sub. this weekend? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


No, it's not the grinder, Robert. It's all gondolas with a crane/backhoe device that is used to pick up old ties and junk along the right-of-way. Rebuilt FP40 type locomotives/cab control on each end.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Robertrains » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Man o' War wrote:
Robertrains wrote:
Man o' War wrote:NB Loram work train pulled into Mount Clemens yard at 13:30 or so. Not sure what they are doing. Been working around the MTC, Shoreline, Holly confluence the past few days.

Man o' War

COOL!!!!! This is that "Rail Grinder" like the one that was here last August, correct? I really want to catch them "Grinding!!!!" What are the chances they'll be "Grinding" on the Mt. Clemens Sub. this weekend? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


No, it's not the grinder, Robert. It's all gondolas with a crane/backhoe device that is used to pick up old ties and junk along the right-of-way. Rebuilt FP40 type locomotives/cab control on each end.

Man o' War

Well that is still cool! Even though I've only seen the "Grinder" trains a few times, I have never seen this thing!!!! Do you (or anyone else) know if
they will be kept parked at Mt. Clemens this weekend? It would be nice to photograph freight trains passing the Loram® equipment!!!! :mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:57 pm

L533S left Mount Clemens at 17:25, GTW/CN, 7 loaded boxcars, 4 empty centerbeams and 27 containers for Moterm.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby AARR » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Man o' War, have you figured out why they leave Mt. Clemens with "loaded" box cars?
Man o' War wrote:L533S left Mount Clemens at 17:25, GTW/CN, 7 loaded boxcars, 4 empty centerbeams and 27 containers for Moterm.

Man o' War
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 30444
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm

AARR wrote:Man o' War, have you figured out why they leave Mt. Clemens with "loaded" box cars?
Man o' War wrote:L533S left Mount Clemens at 17:25, GTW/CN, 7 loaded boxcars, 4 empty centerbeams and 27 containers for Moterm.

Man o' War


Still working on it. Have not had the chance to pin down the local crew yet. Lots and lots and lots of semi trailers come in there daily, so I'm wondering if this might not be some sort of a trans-load operation. Whatever it is, CN is keeping real busy switching it out daily.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm

[/quote]
Well that is still cool! Even though I've only seen the "Grinder" trains a few times, I have never seen this thing!!!! Do you (or anyone else) know if
they will be kept parked at Mt. Clemens this weekend? It would be nice to photograph freight trains passing the[/color] Loram® equipment!!!! :mrgreen:[/quote][/quote]

Correction - it's not a LORAM work train, it's HERZOG. It's parked for the night in the dock track in Mount Clemens. Don't know if they work tomorrow.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby bnsfben » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:18 pm

M371 north through Royal Oak at 19:16 with a BNSF Gevo, BNSF Gevo, CN M-2, CN Gevo, Feromex Gevo, UP Gevo and EX CSX Dash 8.
User avatar
bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am
Location: East Lansing, MI MP 225.0 CN Flint Sub

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby AARR » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Thank you. If the loads were coming in and the box cars leaving empty that would make sense to me.

I wonder if a local company is shipping parts out from there :? . Wouldn't it be ironic if it was a company like Tower whose plant by M59 was built with three spurs and they only shipped a few carloads before going to all truck and eventually pulled all three spurs :lol: .
Man o' War wrote:
AARR wrote:Man o' War, have you figured out why they leave Mt. Clemens with "loaded" box cars?
Man o' War wrote:L533S left Mount Clemens at 17:25, GTW/CN, 7 loaded boxcars, 4 empty centerbeams and 27 containers for Moterm.

Man o' War


Still working on it. Have not had the chance to pin down the local crew yet. Lots and lots and lots of semi trailers come in there daily, so I'm wondering if this might not be some sort of a trans-load operation. Whatever it is, CN is keeping real busy switching it out daily.

Man o' War
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 30444
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 pm

A short 391 past MP 22.5 just now at 8:30 pm with a lot of power.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby KC8RBK » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Eb manifest by 205 at 2056 with 2 cn. Short train. 2 new cat excavators on a flat at the head end.
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby KC8RBK » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 pm

364 by 205 at 2105. Moving kinda slow tonight
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby GTW6401 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 pm

The autoparts in Mt. Clemens have been for FCA. The warehouse is located just north of Hubbard Street.

All non-intermodal cars off 533 are setout at East Yard in Hamtramck, which are then usually picked up by a Pontiac based local, either 515 or an extra job. 515 had a cut of these cars today, which were UP or SP family cars.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7260
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Bay City to Apollo Beach.

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Man o' War » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:14 am

GTW6401 wrote:The autoparts in Mt. Clemens have been for FCA. The warehouse is located just north of Hubbard Street.

All non-intermodal cars off 533 are setout at East Yard in Hamtramck, which are then usually picked up by a Pontiac based local, either 515 or an extra job. 515 had a cut of these cars today, which were UP or SP family cars.


Both FCA and Metro Aluminum ship out of the old Ford Vinyl plant in Mount Clemens. We are just trying to determine where the FCA parts are coming from that are stored there. Seems that the majority, but not all of the boxcars, are from western roads (UP, KCS, etc.) which leads me to believe that much of the product is being moved to or from plants located somewhere on those systems. Could be that some parts are being shipped in, as well, but most cars coming out are loaded - telltale flat springs.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby kc8bdr » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:46 am

I caught both 371 and 391 aw Williams Lake Rd

371 at 12:03 AM had 5 or 6 engines there was a Ferromex engine 3 or 4 back. all but 7 cars were autoracks. BNSF leading.

391 at 12:21 AM. CN leading
Jim

In Waterford, Michigan

Near Mile Post 32 on CN's Holly Subdivision
kc8bdr
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Waterford, Mi. Near MP 32, on the Holly Sub.

Re: CN Updates- April 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:02 am

Two SB's went south out of Pontiac this morning. One around 7 am and one at 9 am. Both had BNSF power (two on the first, one on the second). I only saw the head end of the first and it was all autoracks. So either a 280 or maybe 116. The second was all autoracks.

A third train went SB past MP 22.5 at around 11 am. I missed it but it was very short so I presume it was a weekend 515.

By the way, with respect to those posts about the boxcars coming out of Mount Clemens, I have been seeing them on 515 when it returns to Pontiac. Never the other way though. In addition to the western roads, there has been some old GTW and CN boxcars mixed in lately too.

Train 515 with 4912 returning to Pontiac passing MP 22.5 at 2:05 pm with 19 cars, 8 of which were UP boxcars per the above discussion.

What I presume was 391 just went NB past MP 22.5 at 7:44 pm with two CN's and a short train consisting mostly of gondolas with switches in them.
Last edited by Manistique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Haggard2312 and 5 guests

x