Amtrak Updates March

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Amtrak Updates March

Unread postby Saturnalia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm

A couple hours ago NS derailed an empty steel coil train at MP460 on the Chicago Line - look out for a potential 30/48 reroute via a Michigan Tonight perhaps...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Dah Yooper Snowfall Total: 290" (27" ahead of last year-to-date)
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13574
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: Amtrak Updates March

Unread postby MiRailProductions » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Saturnalia wrote:A couple hours ago NS derailed an empty steel coil train at MP460 on the Chicago Line - look out for a potential 30/48 reroute via a Michigan Tonight perhaps...

Any possible NS reroutes too?
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdnGFEJzcNwZHDIyfk_Q
MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Amtrak Updates March

Unread postby SD80MAC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm

MiRailProductions wrote:
Saturnalia wrote:A couple hours ago NS derailed an empty steel coil train at MP460 on the Chicago Line - look out for a potential 30/48 reroute via a Michigan Tonight perhaps...

Any possible NS reroutes too?

If NS were to reroute anything, they'd use the CF&E or the Nickel Plate.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
Image
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 7720
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Amtrak Updates March

Unread postby MiRailProductions » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:28 pm

SD80MAC wrote:
MiRailProductions wrote:Any possible NS reroutes too?

If NS were to reroute anything, they'd use the CF&E or the Nickel Plate.


Okay, thanks for that info.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdnGFEJzcNwZHDIyfk_Q
MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KC8RBK and 5 guests

x