Great Lakes Central Updates: January 2019

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates: January 2019

Unread post by AARR »

Another block of feed cars. At this rate they'll be well above the 300 they projected when the 2nd spur was being built.
AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac at 1530. Sequential numbering this afternoon. Left before 0930. I believe they went north to Petoskey yesterday.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroader and son »

The Co-op in Mcbain receives feed also,not unusual to see 2or3 feed hopper's in there. They also receive fertilizer and potash also.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the info
railroader and son wrote:The Co-op in Mcbain receives feed also,not unusual to see 2or3 feed hopper's in there. They also receive fertilizer and potash also.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AARR wrote:Another block of feed cars. At this rate they'll be well above the 300 they projected when the 2nd spur was being built.
AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac at 1530. Sequential numbering this afternoon. Left before 0930. I believe they went north to Petoskey yesterday.
Do those feed hoppers terminate at the facility with the 2 spurs at 10th Street near the engine house? Do you know the name of the business that receives them?
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Todd_F wrote:
AARR wrote:Another block of feed cars. At this rate they'll be well above the 300 they projected when the 2nd spur was being built.
Do those feed hoppers terminate at the facility with the 2 spurs at 10th Street near the engine house? Do you know the name of the business that receives them?
Wyoming Warehouse LLC based out of Nunica MI. Lately there have been blocks of 4-6 covered hoppers inside the facility, incuding a couple loads of cottonseed in tarped hoppers. Address is 103 10th St.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Wyoming Warehouse LLC based out of Nunica MI. Lately there have been blocks of 4-6 covered hoppers inside the facility, incuding a couple loads of cottonseed in tarped hoppers. Address is 103 10th St.
Thank you Mark! I would really like to try to incorporate that facility on my layout (and the place in McBain mentioned above) since grain hoppers generally aren't seen north of Rosebush in any kind of great numbers. I just need to find hoppers in HO scale that are kind of close looking so that I can repaint/reletter them. I might have to kitbash one of those very cool 7,200 Cu Ft Cottenseed Gondolas. :)
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1120. Didn't see them yesterday.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Hearing them leave Cadillac for Clare at 1025. Too much snow falling to see anything. Assuming they went north yesterday, didn't hear them until 1630. Don't know if they ran on Monday.

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

397 and 382 through Temple at 1224 towards Clare. One empty bulkhead flat, one loaded centerbeam from Biewer, 18 tanks, 4 covered hoppers, 11 tanks. Back towards Cadillac at 1623, also with 35 cars: 2 covered hoppers, 13 gons, 20 tanks.

The trains have been crawling across the 1900-built Muskegon River bridge at MP 201.10 since last spring. A pier has been refaced, new rail and a few new ties installed, and reinforcements added to the girders. Will be interesting to see if additional work this year lifts the slow order.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

397 and 382 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 0935 with 9 cars.

Edit: They had not returned as of 1700.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

From MichiganRailroads.com
Posted by TC John on 1/24/2019, 8:55 am

Assuming GLC came to TC on Tuesday, as the switch in front of the depot that was lined for the runaround Monday evening is now lined for the main. I was not in town Tuesday, so not sure what came in/out.
AANscaleRunner wrote:Assuming they went north yesterday

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

397 and 382 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1120 with 21 cars. 5 for McBain.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac shortly before 1700. It's 6 degrees out and after walking around in the cold all day, I'm sitting in the car. :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Your video turned out good :)
AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac shortly before 1700. It's 6 degrees out and after walking around in the cold all day, I'm sitting in the car. :lol:

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Hearing them leave Cadillac towards Clare at 1320. Nothing yesterday except 15 inches of snow.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

:shock:
AANscaleRunner wrote:Nothing yesterday except 15 inches of snow.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Not sure if they ran today or not. Possible switching around town. I was thankful i wasn't walking around outside today. Here's a current shot of the snow plow sitting just south of Tenth St. Maybe we'll see it in action this year.
Attachments
GLC snow plow.jpg

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Hearing them leave Cadillac towards Clare at 1200.