CN Updates- November 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby KC8RBK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Wb stack train with 2 cn about 1540. 2nd was a cowl. 1647 eb manifest with 2 cn by 205
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby GTW6401 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:44 pm

500, GTW 4912 is heading toward West Flint / Mundy Wye to work at GM on Dye Road.

280 at Gaines with BNSF 7971 and CSXT 729.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: The 248

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:53 pm

L533S finished working Chesterfield, and heading south at 17:50. CN 5790, 17 containers for Ferndale.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby AARR » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:24 pm

I like your posts, Mo'W. Is the Chesterfield business the team track where they deliver salt?
Man o' War wrote:L533S finished working Chesterfield, and heading south at 17:50. CN 5790, 17 containers for Ferndale.

Man o' War
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 pm

AARR wrote:I like your posts, Mo'W. Is the Chesterfield business the team track where they deliver salt?
Man o' War wrote:L533S finished working Chesterfield, and heading south at 17:50. CN 5790, 17 containers for Ferndale.

Man o' War


No, my mistake - they were working Carter Lumber today - far north Mt. Clemens! The old PolyOne in Chesterfield/New Haven is supposedly getting salt cars in after December 1st. It's a bit of a logistical problem as the switch points face north, so they'll have to drag the cars to Mt. Clemens or all the way to East Yard and switch them on the way back to PH. And that can be problematic too, as L533N is often well more than 6,000'. I was told by a local crew a while back that whenever that FCA business kicks in full tilt in 2019, that L524 may be restored or possibly one of the Pontiac locals will begin traveling up to MC. Time will tell...

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 pm

M385 by CN BECK (Fraser depot) at 20:00. 1 CN unit, 54 cars. A baby tonight.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby TwisterJay29 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:57 pm

M384 going by 16 mile
TwisterJay29
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:18 am

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm

TwisterJay29 wrote:M384 going by 16 mile


M384 by Mount Clemens depot at 21:00.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby AARR » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:17 am

Thanks. I grew up along the MC Sub north of Mt. Clemens and like following what's happening. :D
Man o' War wrote:
AARR wrote:I like your posts, Mo'W. Is the Chesterfield business the team track where they deliver salt?
Man o' War wrote:L533S finished working Chesterfield, and heading south at 17:50. CN 5790, 17 containers for Ferndale.

Man o' War


No, my mistake - they were working Carter Lumber today - far north Mt. Clemens! The old PolyOne in Chesterfield/New Haven is supposedly getting salt cars in after December 1st. It's a bit of a logistical problem as the switch points face north, so they'll have to drag the cars to Mt. Clemens or all the way to East Yard and switch them on the way back to PH. And that can be problematic too, as L533N is often well more than 6,000'. I was told by a local crew a while back that whenever that FCA business kicks in full tilt in 2019, that L524 may be restored or possibly one of the Pontiac locals will begin traveling up to MC. Time will tell...

Man o' War
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 am

Train 515 with double-headed 5930 and 4916 and a very long train (for them) headed down the Hill past MP 22.5 at 10:45 am.

Amtrak 350 passed MP 22.5 NB at 2:40 pm with a locomotive on each end and all Horizon equipment today (four coaches and a snack car).
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:56 pm

L533S leaving Mount Clemens for East Yard and Moterm with some loaded boxcars, empty centerbeams and 57 containers at 15:50.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby AARR » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:01 pm

If the loaded boxcars were not dropped off in Mt. Clemens where are they going too?
Man o' War wrote:L533S leaving Mount Clemens for East Yard and Moterm with some loaded boxcars, empty centerbeams and 57 containers at 15:50.

Man o' War
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:10 pm

AARR wrote:If the loaded boxcars were not dropped off in Mt. Clemens where are they going too?
Man o' War wrote:L533S leaving Mount Clemens for East Yard and Moterm with some loaded boxcars, empty centerbeams and 57 containers at 15:50.

Man o' War


They were picked up from Metro Aluminum. Centerbeams were from B&D Drywall and Carter Lumber. Local is pretty busy these days around Mt. Clemens.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Returning Train 515 NB past MP 22.5 on the Holly at 5:35 pm.

No Train 451 today that I saw.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Manistique wrote:Returning Train 515 NB past MP 22.5 on the Holly at 5:35 pm.

No Train 451 today that I saw.


451 has been running later over the last couple days. It went by Royal Oak at 7:10pm last night.

E296, CSXT 5415 and CSXT 5493 is just departing from Durand after being recrewed. Going to Flat Rock.
Last edited by GTW6401 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: The 248

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:44 pm

A SB just went past MP 22.5 and it looked like all autoracks from what I saw in the dark so maybe a 280? Seems a bit early for that 296 that was reported in Durand an hour ago but maybe if it didn't stop in Pontiac.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Man o' War » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:53 pm

M385 by Mount Clemens depot at 17:30. CN/CN, 96 cars.

Man o' War
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby TwisterJay29 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Manistique wrote:A SB just went past MP 22.5 and it looked like all autoracks from what I saw in the dark so maybe a 280? Seems a bit early for that 296 that was reported in Durand an hour ago but maybe if it didn't stop in Pontiac.


Just went past moterm
TwisterJay29
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:18 am

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm

A NB, maybe a late 451?, maybe 391? is passing MP 22.5 at 8:09 pm. It had at least four locomotives. Looked like a BNSF was leading and at least one UP behind it.

What is probably 391 passing right now at 9:04 pm.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: CN Updates- November 2018

Unread postby KC8RBK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Wb manifest by 205 at 2125. Didnt get to the window fast enough to see the power.
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Haggard2312 and 2 guests

x