Amtrak Sightings October 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak Sightings October 2018

Unread post by Manistique »

Amtrak 353 had two locomotives running elephant style out of Pontiac this morning, 26 and 33. One must be the Pontiac extra one going for maintenance. Probably means that 350 will have a locomotive on either end today to replace it. Also, 353 has been having six cars instead of the usual five lately.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Amtrak Sightings October 2018

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Manistique wrote: One must be the Pontiac extra one going for maintenance.
Uh, nope....there is no extra engine in PNT...the units coming into PNT go back out the next day....guessing the mech. dept. changed their mind about the 33 as it developed an issue last night...better safe than sorry....

also, please make sure your bathrob is cinched up tight in the mornings....nobody wants to see THAT when you give us a roll-bye on 351 :oops: :oops:

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Buster Manning wrote:also, please make sure your bathrob is cinched up tight in the mornings....nobody wants to see THAT when you give us a roll-bye on 351 :oops: :oops:
This is perhaps the most funny, yet disturbing comment I have read on this board.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

There's a rail train sitting at the east end of Gearhart on one of the mains. 518/519 leading back to back. Supposedly they're tying down in BC tonight.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.