Page 2 of 3

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 am
by AANscaleRunner
Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1100.


Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am
by AANscaleRunner
Left Cadillac for Clare at 1035.


Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:35 pm
by AANscaleRunner
Heard the color tour train arrive in Cadillac at 1230.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:04 pm
by AANscaleRunner
Hearing them leave Cadillac for Mt Pleasant at 1600. No chance to see them thanks to work....stupid work. :(

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:51 pm
by SW
I am about 2 miles north of Ann Arbor at a park and I hear a heavy northbound on the Annie.

UPDATE: long cut of cars were dropped at Osmer. Nearly filled the west siding. Mostly covered hoppers and tankers. Heard the engines return south about 1/2 hour later.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 am
by AANscaleRunner
Left Cadillac for Clare at 1135.



398 and 397 returned at 1705 with 23 cars. 20 of them will be going to McBain.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am
by AANscaleRunner
397 and 398 left Cadillac for Clare at 1145 with 29 cars.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm
by AARR
It looks like 12 of the cars in the video are from the feed warehouse. The first block was 5 then toward the end another of 7.
AANscaleRunner wrote:Left Cadillac for Clare at 1135.

398 and 397 returned at 1705 with 23 cars. 20 of them will be going to McBain.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:56 am
by AANscaleRunner
397 and 398 left Cadillac towards Clare at 0950 with 14 cars. All for McBain.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:01 am
by AANscaleRunner
395, 396 and 390 came into Cadillac yesterday. Currently outside engine house.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:20 am
by AANscaleRunner
398 currently switching North Yard. So it appears there are at least four locomotives in Cadillac this morning. There is a loaded centerbeam and Ex-TSBY hoppers being moved around. First day for MAC facility.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 am
by AANscaleRunner
398 northbound out of Cadillac at 1000.


Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:05 pm
by AANscaleRunner
395, 396 and 390 currently switching Selma Yard.

Edit: Left Cadillac at 1240.


Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:57 am
by AANscaleRunner
Heard them leave Cadillac towards Clare at 0750.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 pm
by AANscaleRunner
398 and 397 returned to Cadillac at 1200 with 3 tanks.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:19 pm
by Pixl
AANscaleRunner wrote:398 currently switching North Yard. So it appears there are at least four locomotives in Cadillac this morning. There is a loaded centerbeam and Ex-TSBY hoppers being moved around. First day for MAC facility.

Does anyone know if the centerbeam and the hoppers made it up here to TC? I was out and around quite a bit yesterday and didn't catch them.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 am
by KC8RBK
Did biewer mcbain ship 5 chip hoppers and 3 lumber in the last couple days? If so they just passed by my house on cn headed west. I guess that's not related to movements on gl but I find it fascinating when I see trains and loads on other parts of the national system.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:04 pm
by Pixl
Lake Ave. in Traverse City has been closed for major reconstruction. Crews have found rails buried under the pavement, remains of the siding that used to go behind McGough's Farm & Lawn Supply then across 8th street ending at TC Canning Co. now Thirlby's Automotive.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 pm
by AARR
Wood chips go to WI.
KC8RBK wrote:Did biewer mcbain ship 5 chip hoppers and 3 lumber in the last couple days? If so they just passed by my house on cn headed west. I guess that's not related to movements on gl but I find it fascinating when I see trains and loads on other parts of the national system.

Re: GLC Updates October 2018

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 am
by AANscaleRunner
Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1110.