ESCANABA & LAKE SUPERIOR RR August 20-21, 23-24 Excursion

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

ESCANABA & LAKE SUPERIOR RR August 20-21, 23-24 Excursion

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad will operate a private excursion train on Monday August 20th departing Escanaba for Mass City and returning on Tuesday August 21st. The train will again make a run on Thursday August 23rd and return Friday August 24th. It is unknown if the second excursion will leave out of Escanaba or start on the ELS ex-Milwaukee Road line. This information was not to be posted, but somehow made it's way to social media so now I am posting it here. I am posting this as a "rumor" but it's something I have very good information on and had planned to see it myself. I may not be able to make it because of a serious tragedy in the family and ongoing hospitalization of a loved one. Baldwin RS12 #300 has been receiving lots of cosmetic paint work and it would be presumable that it will be used in conjunction with the ELS painted GP38 #400. Please respect that this is not a public event, there are no tickets and no access to private or railroad property. There are no guarantees on power or equipment and there will likely be railroad officials or law enforcement present with the ability to aprehend anyone breaking the law. Due to the hardship of losing my first born son and extended work leave I likely won't make it up there, but I do have the days off and if anyone wants company send me a private message and I'd be happy to pay for the fuel expenses etc. Happy chasing and please respect our neighbors in the North woods weather you are driving on the roads or come across private property. Don't trespass and be safe. Always. Kind Regards,

Mackinac Mac

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: ESCANABA & LAKE SUPERIOR RR August 20-21, 23-24 Excursio

Unread post by AARR »

I'm sorry about the passing of your son, Mac.
Mackinac Mac wrote:I may not be able to make it because of a serious tragedy in the family and ongoing hospitalization of a loved one. Due to the hardship of losing my first born son and extended work leave I likely won't make it up there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...