GLC Updates May 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: GLC Updates May 2018

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

A short southbound was going through Durand at 6:42pm.

GLC 390
GLC 397

1 Big Covered Hopper
6 Short Sand Covered Hoppers
2 Big Covered Hoppers

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

I heard 390's horn at Osmer around 20:45.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

I have not seen or heard anything in Cadillac as of 1125. Assuming northbound before 0900.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:I have not seen or heard anything in Cadillac as of 1125. Assuming northbound before 0900.
In Traverse City. Gondolas and lumber..
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac shortly after 1600.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac shortly after 1600.
GLC brought 10 cars to TC today. 6 hoppers (for a total of 8 there now, plus that box car) and 3 gons, including that pretty blue one. 1 lumber load for Amerhart. Left town with 2 empty center beams.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1015. In no position to see them.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

329 and 382 return to Cadillac at 1545 with 3 covered hoppers, 32 or so sand hoppers, 11 wood chip hoppers, 1 pole load, 2 wood chip hoppers, 7 tanks, 1 covered hopper, 2 gons, 3 tanks and 1 covered hopper.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Took sand hoppers to Yuma and back into Selma Yard at 1750. Background music by Depeche Mode and Sirius radio. :lol:

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:329 and 382 return to Cadillac at 1545 with 3 covered hoppers, 32 or so sand hoppers, 11 wood chip hoppers, 1 pole load, 2 wood chip hoppers, 7 tanks, 1 covered hopper, 2 gons, 3 tanks and 1 covered hopper.
Amy idea if those 2 gons are tie gons or empties for Beacon in TC?

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

3## and 392 cleared Durand diamond at 19:42 headed south with 15 cars.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

TC Man wrote:Amy idea if those 2 gons are tie gons or empties for Beacon in TC?
They looked empty from where I was sitting. They are still in Selma Yard this evening. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they are moved to North Yard.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Heard them around 0845 this morning. Haven't heard them since. Heard the Mow track crew moving through town this morning.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac sometime between 1730 and 1900. Took cement and plastic north. I can usually hear them head north, but not today.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Photo Request

Unread post by James Sofonia »

My wife makes as an art hobby large tumbler cups with custom graphics and coated with epoxy.
54a4c47348bcb8028d12476b09abb097.jpg
So I would like to have her make me a GLC themed cup, but I need a few shots of GLC engines. I'ts kinda hard for me to get down to Cadillac to shoot them myself. And to get them here in Traverse is difficult due to the irregular trips and they are always moving. So if someone can help me out I'm looking for a few shots of a GLC engine with a similar poise and angle the NS engine has on the begining of our message board.

Thanks
Attachments
ns.jpg

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Photo Request

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

Pixl wrote:My wife makes as an art hobby large tumbler cups with custom graphics and coated with epoxy.
So I would like to have her make me a GLC themed cup, but I need a few shots of GLC engines. I'ts kinda hard for me to get down to Cadillac to shoot them myself. And to get them here in Traverse is difficult due to the irregular trips and they are always moving. So if someone can help me out I'm looking for a few shots of a GLC engine with a similar poise and angle the NS engine has on the begining of our message board.

Thanks
I have a shot of the GLC Fall Color Train in Cadillac with a similar angle of GLC 396. I'll have to find the file, but would you be interested in place of a regular freight train?
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

MiRailProductions wrote:
I have a shot of the GLC Fall Color Train in Cadillac with a similar angle of GLC 396. I'll have to find the file, but would you be interested in place of a regular freight train?
Sure I just need the engine so what it is pulling won't matter. Thanks.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

Pixl wrote:My wife makes as an art hobby large tumbler cups with custom graphics and coated with epoxy.

Thanks
I have a TON of shots. Lmk what you're looking for, and your email, and I can email pics to you.
Also, I'd like to officially put my order in for one of those bad boys, when they're finished of course.
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac sometime between 1730 and 1900. Took cement and plastic north. I can usually hear them head north, but not today.
Cement goes to Buzzi in Elmira, correct? Where does the plastic go, end of the line, Petoskey?
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Cement goes to Elmira, correct.

Most of the plastic goes to a Petoskey transload for Petoskey Plastics (about 120 cars annually). A little bit, maybe a couple cars a month, goes to a Mancelona transload for East Jordan Plastics.
Todd_F wrote:Cement goes to Buzzi in Elmira, correct? Where does the plastic go, end of the line, Petoskey?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...