CSX Train Location Updates: April, 2018.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
TSS
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: April, 2018.

Unread post by TSS »

Jochs wrote: edit: 9:51pm: Sounds like there's an oil leak in the compressor, and there is no oil in the oil compressor....
I watched them do the St. Joe station stop from the stairs. The rear truck was in the Broad St. grade crossing, and whenever the brake pressure relief valve would kick off, there was a very visible cloud. I thought it was dust from the street, but I am guessing it was actually oil mist. Not a good night for Amtrak!

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: April, 2018.

Unread post by Jochs »

P370-30 is currently stopped near North Shore Drive in Benton Harbor. Sounds like the lead unit, IDTX 4601, had an oil leak in its air compressor and the oil leaked out, and they lost air pressure. Sounds like the train is going to be there for awhile, and they're working on buses to come get the passengers.
10:40 pm: Sounds like 2 buses are coming..be there in about an hour...so shortly before midnight.
10:42 pm: Sounds like P371-01 for tomorrow will most likely be anulled.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1