GLC Updates March 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC Updates March 2018

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

398 and 399 left Cadillac for Clare at 1210 with 2 empty centerbeams, 10 tie loads and 27 sand hoppers. Also a trip to Yuma earlier this morning.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1830.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Currently switching North Yard.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Northbound out of Cadillac at 0945.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Northbound out of Cadillac at 0945.

Must be a run up Kalkaska way, I didn't see any TC cars in your consist.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Pixl wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:Northbound out of Cadillac at 0945.

Must be a run up Kalkaska way, I didn't see any TC cars in your consist.

Though there are 2 empties at Amerhart and 3 gons at Beacon that may or may not be loaded and ready to go out.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

TC Man wrote:

Though there are 2 empties at Amerhart and 3 gons at Beacon that may or may not be loaded and ready to go out.
I had lunch at Bob Evans in sight of the line around noon when they usually get up here, but no trains while I was there. Maybe later??

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The covered hoppers at the head end are plastic pellets for Petoskey Plastics indicating they are going to Petoskey so I doubt they'll go to Traverse City on the same day.
Pixl wrote:
TC Man wrote:Though there are 2 empties at Amerhart and 3 gons at Beacon that may or may not be loaded and ready to go out.
I had lunch at Bob Evans in sight of the line around noon when they usually get up here, but no trains while I was there. Maybe later??
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:The covered hoppers at the head end are plastic pellets for Petoskey Plastics indicating they are going to Petoskey so I doubt they'll go to Traverse City on the same day.
Pixl wrote:
TC Man wrote:Though there are 2 empties at Amerhart and 3 gons at Beacon that may or may not be loaded and ready to go out.
Which brings this up: As GLC builds business (whoever is doing their marketing deserves a raise!), does the point come on the north end that they need to reinstate a night crew? Or, while obviously much more expensive, upgrade the TC branches so they could do Petoskey and TC all in 12 hours?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

When the sand business in Yuma and the traffic to Traverse City and Elmira was very busy (prior to 2006) there were two crews assigned to Cadillac and usually three engines. If the sand traffic in Yuma requires switching 3-4x per week or more I could see at least a few days a week a 2nd crew needed in Cadillac.
TC Man wrote:Which brings this up: As GLC builds business (whoever is doing their marketing deserves a raise!), does the point come on the north end that they need to reinstate a night crew? Or, while obviously much more expensive, upgrade the TC branches so they could do Petoskey and TC all in 12 hours?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

TC Man wrote: Which brings this up: As GLC builds business (whoever is doing their marketing deserves a raise!), does the point come on the north end that they need to reinstate a night crew? Or, while obviously much more expensive, upgrade the TC branches so they could do Petoskey and TC all in 12 hours?
They may have two crews assigned to Cadillac at the same time. Additionally, though it's nice to see some more traffic on the GLC, they're definitely not gaining traffic and attracting customers at the rate LSRC is right now... don't think marketing needs a raise quite yet.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

398 and 399 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1035 with 3 pulp wood loads, 12 tie loads, 1 covered hopper, 8 tanks, 4 covered hoppers and 5 tanks.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

Reports say 393 (leading), 392, & 390 took an 80 car train north out of Owosso this AM, apparently all bound for Cadillac.
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Into Cadillac at 1810. I'm thinking with 3 locomotives up here possible large sand train tomorrow.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Leather truss has a loaded beam car spotted.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Letherer :wink:
KC8RBK wrote:Leather truss has a loaded beam car spotted.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

AARR wrote:Letherer :wink:
I thought auto correct was supposed to make you look smarter than a 5th grader?

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Todd_F wrote:Reports say 393 (leading), 392, & 390 took an 80 car train north out of Owosso this AM, apparently all bound for Cadillac.
I think the report was slightly off- looking like only around 30 cars came to Cadillac yesterday. Unless they left some in a siding along the way.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

:lol:
KC8RBK wrote:
AARR wrote:Letherer :wink:
I thought auto correct was supposed to make you look smarter than a 5th grader?

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

TC Man wrote:
Todd_F wrote:Reports say 393 (leading), 392, & 390 took an 80 car train north out of Owosso this AM, apparently all bound for Cadillac.
I think the report was slightly off- looking like only around 30 cars came to Cadillac yesterday. Unless they left some in a siding along the way.
Likely hoppers for MMRR in Alma or Rosebush. The eyewitness is pretty reliable - and GLC did just bring a string up to Owosso from the south the day prior.
For me, the three GP35's to Cadillac was the crucial part.
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.