GLC Updates March 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC Updates March 2018

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

392 and 396 returned to Cadillac at 1725.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

This morning's Cadillac to Clare turn (does this train have a symbol?) dropped the pole car, 3 empty wood chip cars and 11 tie loads at the Mill at McBain and picked up 4 loaded wood chip cars. When they came into Clare they had the 4 wood chip loads head out, 3 covered hoppers and then the 30 frac sand hoppers. They switched covered hoppers on the three tracks west of the diamond for quite a while and the turn from Owosso was running late so they did their switching work in town also. When the other turn finally showed they cut off their train south of town bringing only a couple covered hoppers with them into town. The Cadillac job then ran down light power, grabbed the rest of that train and went north. Shortly thereafter the Owosso job then went south. I had a fairly successful day with all that and will post a few shots to Flickr over the next few days but here's the first one processed - the morning job leaving Cadillac:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mdharding/27168100858
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Also, here's the Owosso turn (Symbol?) in it's entirety rolling through Ithaca on their return - filled out with more covered hoppers picked up while working Rosebush on the way south.

https://youtu.be/vxjk63iLx1A
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

MDH wrote:This morning's Cadillac to Clare turn (does this train have a symbol?) dropped the pole car, 3 empty wood chip cars and 11 tie loads at the Mill at McBain and picked up 4 loaded wood chip cars. When they came into Clare they had the 4 wood chip loads head out, 3 covered hoppers and then the 30 frac sand hoppers. They switched covered hoppers on the three tracks west of the diamond for quite a while and the turn from Owosso was running late so they did their switching work in town also. When the other turn finally showed they cut off their train south of town bringing only a couple covered hoppers with them into town. The Cadillac job then ran down light power, grabbed the rest of that train and went north. Shortly thereafter the Owosso job then went south. I had a fairly successful day with all that and will post a few shots to Flickr over the next few days but here's the first one processed - the morning job leaving Cadillac:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mdharding/27168100858
Train: Cadillac South Turn, runs with the symbol CSTN. You're welcome.
The Owosso North Turn is the other train, runs with the symbol ONTN.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

MiRailProductions wrote:
MDH wrote: Train: Cadillac South Turn, runs with the symbol CSTN. You're welcome.
The Owosso North Turn is the other train, runs with the symbol ONTN.
Thanks for the symbols!

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MDH, as usual nice detailed report.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Heard them on the North end of Cadillac at 1645. Assuming a northbound run today since I neither heard or seen them until now.

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by firemedic54 »

Southbound passing the Howell depot now. 397 on point with 398 393 395 and 399.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

396 and 392 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1040 with 2 covered hoppers, 2 empty centerbeams, 1 wood chip hopper, 8 tie loads, 1 box and 21 sand.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1650.

Walla183
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Walla183 »

Southbound covered hopper train through Durand 22:40

GLC:

86 cars

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Most likely a unit grain train from either Middleton or Oakley
Walla183 wrote:Southbound covered hopper train through Durand 22:40

GLC:

86 cars
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

GLC must have snuck to TC when they went north on Tuesday, as shiny rails on the Williamsburg branch led me to Amerhart where the 2 center beam cars that were brought up as loads last week are both gone.

Also at Beacon- one box car, 8 hoppers, and one DJJX gondola remain on Beacon’s siding. The DJJX gondola has not been loaded yet (can’t see in it due to being a tall gondola, but based on its position alongside the building). One hopper is laying on its side with the trucks still on the siding.

I wonder if Beacon likes the remaining box car- it’s been uncoupled from the rest of the cars and shoved all the way to the end of their spur. The other 3 box cars were cut up, and others cars in that cut of 12 brought in last week remain together (with exception on the hopper on its side).
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Letherer truss has an empty beam car inside the fence and a loaded one across the road.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Left Cadillac for Clare at 1215. Preceded by a trip to Yuma.

Returned at 1715.

Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

Great Lakes Central headed south through Mount Pleasant as I type this.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Sb with 4 units almost to m46 at 1820

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

I saw last night the empty at letherer truss was gone and the load was spotted and mostly empty. This morning on my way up I see there's at least 2 flat car loads of new rail at the Ithaca soy bean siding. They're shoved all the way to the end back in the weeds.