GLC Updates January 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC Updates January 2018

Unread post by TC Man »

Raildudes dad wrote:Placed at Beacon at 11:45:)

Yep, just saw it on the siding. They left TC with 2 empty center beam cars after dropping the load at Amerhart. So let's see how long it takes that other empty gondola to get to the GLC. I assume NS to AA to GLC?
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

TC Man wrote:

Yep, just saw it on the siding. They left TC with 2 empty center beam cars after dropping the load at Amerhart. So let's see how long it takes that other empty gondola to get to the GLC. I assume NS to AA to GLC?
If yesterday it was at Air Line Junction (Toledo), it will take about a day or two for AA to take the gon to Osmer, and at Osmer it could sit for a while, but not more than another day or two before GLC picks it up. The next day, it goes north to Clare, and soon after from Cadillac to TC. I'd say about a week, give or take.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

390 and 385 left Cadillac for Clare at 0945 with 3 wood chip hoppers, 4 covered hoppers, 1 empty center beam, 6 coke hoppers, 1 empty center beam and 10 tanks.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

I snapped a picture of the gon at Beacon yesterday, but had trouble with the upload. But got it to work today. The car is further South than where they usually spot them.

IMG_0619b.jpg
Attachments
IMG_0619a.jpg
IMG_0619a.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 6645 times

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Back into Cadillac this evening around 1830.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

390 and 385 left Cadillac for Clare at 1015 with 2 covered hoppers, 1 tank, 3 covered hoppers, 1 pole load, 1 idler, 2 wood chip hoppers and 17 tanks.

Heard them switching yesterday morning but don't know if they left town.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

385 and 390 return to Cadillac at 1500 with 1 tie load, 3 pole loads, 6 covered hoppers, 1 DJJX gondola, 2 empty pulpwood flats, 10 tanks and 1 boxcar.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

AANscaleRunner wrote:1 DJJX gondola
Wow, I might actually be pretty close to my "one week from Toledo" prediction!
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:385 and 390 return to Cadillac at 1500 with 1 tie load, 3 pole loads, 6 covered hoppers, 1 DJJX gondola, 2 empty pulpwood flats, 10 tanks and 1 boxcar.
Hmmm, another box car. Amerhart, or the mystery Cadillac destination that the last box car went to? And still a mystery?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

MiRailProductions wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:1 DJJX gondola
Wow, I might actually be pretty close to my "one week from Toledo" prediction!
DJJX 030137 U E CADILLAC MI Arrive In-Transit 01/26 14:00 TRAVERSE CITY MI GLC

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

TC Man wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:385 and 390 return to Cadillac at 1500 with 1 tie load, 3 pole loads, 6 covered hoppers, 1 DJJX gondola, 2 empty pulpwood flats, 10 tanks and 1 boxcar.
Hmmm, another box car. Amerhart, or the mystery Cadillac destination that the last box car went to? And still a mystery?
Isn't there a place in Marion that gets fertilizer in by boxcar once or twice a year from the team track? I recall 2 or 3 loads last spring.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You are correct, csx801 :)
csx801 wrote:
TC Man wrote:
Isn't there a place in Marion that gets fertilizer in by boxcar once or twice a year from the team track? I recall 2 or 3 loads last spring.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Post the car number :wink:

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

csx801 wrote:
TC Man wrote:
[/quote]

True, but someone posted destination being Cadillac for the last car. Maybe AAScalerunner can get a car number for RED.:)

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

North Yard was switched again this morning. Noticed a boxcar in North Yard last night, but it was surrounded by tanks and standing water so I couldn't get a good look at it. After today's switching the road # is the one that came in last week (HPJX 758004). Didn't see another box sitting anywhere. I wonder if maybe the feed place is receiving something in boxes.

A post on the other site reported a Petoskey run today.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

UpNorth at MichiganRailroads.com posted that GLC brought six plastic pellet cars to Petoskey today (yes, on a Saturday).
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Heard them on the north end of Cadillac around 0930. Haven't heard them since.

TCBrent
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCBrent »

GLC is in Traverse City now with 390 and 385

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

TCBrent wrote:GLC is in Traverse City now with 390 and 385

Should have an empty center beam in Williamsburg to pick up, a load to pick up from Beacon, and an empty to drop off at Beacon.

TC Brent- did they bring anything other than an empty gondola with them (such as a box car or center beam)?

TCBrent
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCBrent »

TC Man wrote:
TCBrent wrote:GLC is in Traverse City now with 390 and 385

Should have an empty center beam in Williamsburg to pick up, a load to pick up from Beacon, and an empty to drop off at Beacon.

TC Brent- did they bring anything other than an empty gondola with them (such as a box car or center beam)?

Not sure? I got the report 2nd hand :?