Great Lakes Central Updates July 2017

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates July 2017

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks csx801. At an annualy AARRT&HA meeting Chris the guest speaker from GLC said when traffic is heavy they have a capacity challenge so you could be correct.
csx801 wrote:
AARR wrote:From AANR's video the 21 tie gons didn't go to Cadillac like they normally do. They left them somewhere else. The customer is in McBain but it's a southbound switch and there's no passing in siding to run around the cars that I know of. I wonder if they separated the engines and pushed them in the customers spur :?
They leave cuts of tie loads around periodically. I've seen them leave loads in mount pleasant for short times. Maybe this is what happened today?
I never figured out why they do it. I always assumed McBain or Cadillac was too full to receive them, so they drop them on an available siding until Mcbain was ready for them.

On a side note, that cut had a clinchfield hopper hiding in it.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...