CN - July 2017

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

CN - July 2017

Unread postby GTWChris » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:01 am

451 north at Rodney (FN)
765 north at Holly
950 at Moterm
GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: IN/MI

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby SD70ACe Fan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:28 pm

GTWChris wrote:451 north at Rodney (FN)
765 north at Holly
950 at Moterm
Any word what's on A451?
SD70ACe Fan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby GTWChris » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:42 pm

SD70ACe Fan wrote:
GTWChris wrote:451 north at Rodney (FN)
765 north at Holly
950 at Moterm
Any word what's on A451?

At Pontiac now, gevo and M-2
GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: IN/MI

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby kc8bdr » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 pm

I caught a northbound at Williams Lake Rd at 3:58 PM. I believe this was 451.

CN 2070
CN 8008
Jim

In Waterford, Michigan

Near Mile Post 32 on CN's Holly Subdivision
kc8bdr
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Waterford, Mi.

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby AARR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Northbound on MC Sub approaching Haven
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 27675
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby blueheron13 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 pm

Northbound on MC Sub approaching Haven

Saw this long train about 30 minutes earlier at Frazho Rd. 3 engines and maybe 160-170 cars? Had seen this train earlier stopped at Forest Lawn and had to race north to find it after chasing an autorack train down the Terminal East as far as Shoemaker St.

Saw the new (not operational) signals at Frazho but couldn't find the new signals north of 15 Mile Rd.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: All over Southeast Michigan

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Manistique » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Two NB's past MP 22.5 on the Holly tonight. Either one could have been 391 from what I saw of the train. One around 8:30 pm and one around 9:30 pm. First one had a dozen or so empty frame flat cars on the headend which is pretty rare now on the Holly what with Pontiac decommissioned of truck plants.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby GTW6401 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Manistique wrote:Two NB's past MP 22.5 on the Holly tonight. Either one could have been 391 from what I saw of the train. One around 8:30 pm and one around 9:30 pm. First one had a dozen or so empty frame flat cars on the headend which is pretty rare now on the Holly what with Pontiac decommissioned of truck plants.


384 (CN 8950 and 2146) took the scenic route to Port Huron via Durand, and the second northbound was 391 (CN 5604 and 2405).

502 had CN 2173 and 2129.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Manistique » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:01 am

An all autorack (Train 280?) just slipped SB past MP 22.5 at 6:55 am on the Holly with 8876 and 5452.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Cinderpath » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:11 pm

A451 just passed through Moterm with CN #2447 as lead unit @ 12:02, would look nice in Durand or points west-
Cinderpath
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Pleasant Ridge, Michigan

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Robertrains » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:47 pm

I photographed southbound train 533 in Fraser, 3:20 p.m. It had "Class" SD70M-2 #8900 and four loaded "Well Car" sets!!!!
Robert Jackson (extreme railfan/Bluewater member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Dan Cluley » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 am

148 through East Lansing at 03:06
Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Lansing

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby blackjack1518 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 am

Manistique wrote:An all autorack (Train 280?) just slipped SB past MP 22.5 at 6:55 am on the Holly with 8876 and 5452.


CN 271
blackjack1518
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Manistique » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Train 451 with 8836 and 2608 NB past MP 22.5 on the Holly at noon.

What looked like a late Train 515 (a half dozen lumber cars in the consist) just went SB past MP 22.5 with 4619, which has been 950's power since arriving in Pontiac a month or so ago.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:27 pm

blackjack1518 wrote:
Manistique wrote:An all autorack (Train 280?) just slipped SB past MP 22.5 at 6:55 am on the Holly with 8876 and 5452.


CN 271


Is 271 just a new symbol for a Flat Rock bound autorack train in addition to the usual 280 symbol, or is this related to new business on CN? I don't think I've heard of 271 before.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Manistique » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Train 391 (I presume) NB past MP 22.5 at 7:33 pm with 8813 and 2578 and a short holiday train.

Train 502 (I presume) SB past MP 22.5 at 8:35 pm with 8827 and 5744.

Then another NB (384? or 391 with the earlier one 391?) past MP 22.5 at 8:47 pm with 2040, XXXX and 2246. Just like last night.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby GreatLakesRailfan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

atrainguy60 wrote:
blackjack1518 wrote:
Manistique wrote:An all autorack (Train 280?) just slipped SB past MP 22.5 at 6:55 am on the Holly with 8876 and 5452.


CN 271


Is 271 just a new symbol for a Flat Rock bound autorack train in addition to the usual 280 symbol, or is this related to new business on CN? I don't think I've heard of 271 before.



I've seen an E271 come through the tunnel occasionally, but can't recall which way it went west of Port Huron. I figured (probably wrongly) that the symbol only indicated it was an autorack train, not necessarily where it came from or where it was headed, as it was running in the same timeframe as a 371 (unit autorack train) had run in the week before (mid-afternoon on a Sunday). It's definitely not a brand new symbol.
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:28 am
Location: Port Huron, Michigan

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby blueheron13 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 pm

WJR radio just reported a "disabled" train on the Mt Clemens sub blocking M-59.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: All over Southeast Michigan

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 pm

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:I've seen an E271 come through the tunnel occasionally, but can't recall which way it went west of Port Huron. I figured (probably wrongly) that the symbol only indicated it was an autorack train, not necessarily where it came from or where it was headed, as it was running in the same timeframe as a 371 (unit autorack train) had run in the week before (mid-afternoon on a Sunday). It's definitely not a brand new symbol.


Ahh ok. I wonder what it's doing on the Holly.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: CN - July 2017

Unread postby Robertrains » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 am

:?: Does anybody know where "Gray" GTW SD40-3 #5947 is working now? is it still working out of Battle Creek? :?:
Robert Jackson (extreme railfan/Bluewater member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

Next

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

x