CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby trnwatcher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:03 am

00:02 EDT D70708 WB CLEAR 108. UP XXXX ?? WB OUT.

EDIT: UP 6922 IS WHAT THEY CALLED AT LAKO.
User avatar
trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Grandville MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby justin_gram » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:45 am

Q326 is east at 91.9 DD at 05:42. 418 axles, 5361 feet.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: St. Joseph

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Jetlink » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am

It appears Y106 is approaching Elmdale to run around the train right now. Seems a little early for them.
interested in trains
User avatar
Jetlink
Not a Railfan
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 pm
Location: 2.5 miles from CH 116.3

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Wabash1070 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Any updates for D708??
Wabash1070
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 am
Location: Williamston Michigan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby dave989 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Q327 Departed Grandville @ 20:20 with CSX 41,342 &22 for power (this mornings Q326 power)
dave989
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Grandville, Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby trnwatcher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:20 pm

21:14 EDT E80109 AT GROSS, Q32709 CLEAR ON A PAIR SAUGATUCK. JUST HEARING P370 BUT COULDN'T MAKE OUT LOCATION.
User avatar
trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Grandville MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby justin_gram » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:22 am

Q326 with UP 5817 leading eastbound has a clear indication at Hilltop at 11:21 AM. 604 axles, 8556 feet at 91.9 DD.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: St. Joseph

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby BL2-1843 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:53 am

Had Flint train D901 this morning after daylight at Howell. Per Elba Steve on the other board, crew took the train from Flint south, turned west at Plymouth, and met the GRP crew at Beck Road and then taxied to Detroit. GRP crew had taxied to Lansing to pick up D708s power 7896+8089, went to Beck Road to get the train and back west to GRP. CSX 7920 evidently, came with the train from Flint. Around 100 cars.

Per earlier chat room talk, and finally having our first train out of Plymouth this month on June 8th (V919 to Grand Ledge) while something else could have gone by, my wife said she saw or heard zero trains other than D708 while I was in Ohio June 1-4.
User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

BL2-1843 wrote:Had Flint train D901 this morning after daylight at Howell. Per Elba Steve on the other board, crew took the train from Flint south, turned west at Plymouth, and met the GRP crew at Beck Road and then taxied to Detroit. GRP crew had taxied to Lansing to pick up D708s power 7896+8089, went to Beck Road to get the train and back west to GRP. CSX 7920 evidently, came with the train from Flint. Around 100 cars.

Per earlier chat room talk, and finally having our first train out of Plymouth this month on June 8th (V919 to Grand Ledge) while something else could have gone by, my wife said she saw or heard zero trains other than D708 while I was in Ohio June 1-4.


I wonder why they're routing this one to GR?
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3574
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Saturnalia » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 pm

atrainguy60 wrote:
BL2-1843 wrote:Had Flint train D901 this morning after daylight at Howell. Per Elba Steve on the other board, crew took the train from Flint south, turned west at Plymouth, and met the GRP crew at Beck Road and then taxied to Detroit. GRP crew had taxied to Lansing to pick up D708s power 7896+8089, went to Beck Road to get the train and back west to GRP. CSX 7920 evidently, came with the train from Flint. Around 100 cars.

Per earlier chat room talk, and finally having our first train out of Plymouth this month on June 8th (V919 to Grand Ledge) while something else could have gone by, my wife said she saw or heard zero trains other than D708 while I was in Ohio June 1-4.


I wonder why they're routing this one to GR?

Detroit is reportedly flooded out. Who knows...maybe this is the start of the third round of attempts at dissolving the Flint traffic without flooding out Rougemere, Walbridge or Barr.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Copper Country Snowfall Total: 0.0" No Lake Superior falling on the lawn...yet
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13207
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby SD80MAC » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Detroit is waving the white flag, that's why.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 7147
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby atrainguy60 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Saturnalia wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:
BL2-1843 wrote:Had Flint train D901 this morning after daylight at Howell. Per Elba Steve on the other board, crew took the train from Flint south, turned west at Plymouth, and met the GRP crew at Beck Road and then taxied to Detroit. GRP crew had taxied to Lansing to pick up D708s power 7896+8089, went to Beck Road to get the train and back west to GRP. CSX 7920 evidently, came with the train from Flint. Around 100 cars.

Per earlier chat room talk, and finally having our first train out of Plymouth this month on June 8th (V919 to Grand Ledge) while something else could have gone by, my wife said she saw or heard zero trains other than D708 while I was in Ohio June 1-4.


I wonder why they're routing this one to GR?

Detroit is reportedly flooded out. Who knows...maybe this is the start of the third round of attempts at dissolving the Flint traffic without flooding out Rougemere, Walbridge or Barr.


Hopefully. Seems like if they just put a pair of trains between GR and Ohio like has been suggested before, problems would be solved!

SD80MAC wrote:Detroit is waving the white flag, that's why.


Lol. Again, I'm just a railfan, not a RR employee, but GR seems like a good solution...
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer
 
Posts: 3574
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Wabash1070 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Well it looks like it's back to the drawing board
Wabash1070
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 am
Location: Williamston Michigan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby trnwatcher » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:47 pm

18:44 EDT Q32710 STARTING TO PULL AT IVANREST. UP 5817,5901 ELEPHANT STYLE .
User avatar
trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Grandville MI

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby justin_gram » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:14 pm

P370-10 with AMTK 90229? leading east has 20 axles, 362 feet at 91.9 DD at 21:13 ET. Running a few minutes behind.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: St. Joseph

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Wabash1070 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:26 pm

What sounds like CSX 959 Leading CSX G799 through Williamston Eastbound
Wabash1070
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 am
Location: Williamston Michigan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby justin_gram » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm

trnwatcher wrote:18:44 EDT Q32710 STARTING TO PULL AT IVANREST. UP 5817,5901 ELEPHANT STYLE .

At Vine CG 92 at 21:56 ET. 588 axles, 8605 feet at 91.9 DD. UP 5817 leading.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: St. Joseph

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby justin_gram » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

Something is westbound moving off of the CSX onto the NS track 1 in Porter at 00:28 ET.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 3502
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: St. Joseph

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby dave989 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:42 am

The signals in Grandville are lined for an eastbound. Sorry no scanner.
dave989
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Grandville, Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates - June 2017

Unread postby Jochs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 am

P371-11 is ready to go, nothing found after getting dinged by DD91.9, currently around milepost CG 93.
Jeff O.
Celebrating nearly 5 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1
User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
 
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Todd_F and 8 guests

x