Great Lakes Central Updates February 2017

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Great Lakes Central Updates February 2017

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Heard them move from Selma Yard to North yard at 0910. Not 100% sure but sounded like northbound out of Cadillac at 0920.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates February 2017

Unread post by TC Man »

GLC is in Traverse City, and the self propelled plow thing is behind it.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Today the GLC Owosso train will meet the Cadillac train in Clare. Im interested to know what they bring back to cadillac and if that means a northbound on Friday.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

397 and 393 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1010 with 2 coke or wood chip hoppers, 1 feed hopper, 2 tanks, 9 tie loads and 9 tanks. Snowing and blowing up here, couldn't get a good read on the first 2 hoppers.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

FYI. That boxcar did come up to Traverse City as I'm told by my wife that train had a box car going to Williamsburg. She said they saw it later with a "flat trailer with tall ends and a hole filled wall going lengthwise". Ummm, thinking that's a center beam. Odd that in the train to Clare reported by AANSCALERUNNER, it wasn't in the consist. Sorry about the all caps there...

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

GLC South through Mount Pleasant 2:12pm

GLC 397
GLC 393

1 hopper (3 bay, NOKL reporting marks)
3 feed hoppers
2 tanks
1 empty centerbeam
4 loaded chip hoppers
7 tie gons
1 tank
8 LPG tanks

27 total

I heard them go north around 11:30 but I did not get a visual on them.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

395 and 399 into Cadillac at 1615 with 3 tanks, 2 boxcars (COER 150782 ? and COER 171499), 6 wood chip hoppers, 1 tie load, 1 coke hopper, 2 tie loads and 21 lp tanks.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac towards Clare at 0930.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Wonder where those box cars are going?? Came up from the Clare meet and headed right back down?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

COER 171499 moved from industry to the yard Clare 1200, COER 150382 arrived Marion at 11:00 both on 2/3/17. They are "equipped' cars, old International Bridge and Terminal cars, paper service I'm assuming. Both are loads. Crab Orchard and Egyptian RR

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The two places I know of that use box cars are the bean plant in Ithaca and the lumber yard in Bates.
TC Man wrote:Wonder where those box cars are going?? Came up from the Clare meet and headed right back down?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1235. Did more switching in Selma them moved to the north side.

In McBain this afternoon: 3 covered hoppers at the Co-op, 2 loaded wood chip hoppers, 6 empty wood chip hoppers, 2 empty tie gons and looked like 7 full tie hoppers/gons on the Viking spur. Didn't see anything sitting at Hydralake.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:The two places I know of that use box cars are the bean plant in Ithaca and the lumber yard in Bates.
TC Man wrote:Wonder where those box cars are going?? Came up from the Clare meet and headed right back down?
Yep I knew that, however AAScaleRunner reported these 2 cars on the inbound train to Cadillac yesterday, and then today they head right back south. The two GLC trains interchanged in Clare yesterday, so it they were for Ithaca, I doubt the Owosso-Clare crew would have given the cars to the Cadillac-Clare crew just to get them back the next day? Based on Raildude's Dad ("COER 171499 moved from industry to the yard Clare 1200, COER 150382 arrived Marion at 11:00 both on 2/3/17. They are "equipped' cars, old International Bridge and Terminal cars, paper service I'm assuming. Both are loads. Crab Orchard and Egyptian RR"), is there a new shipper around Clare or Marion?

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

These cars had the same reporting mark as the single Box that went north on Wednesday. I have not yet seen it come south yet. Ive been watching the line today, and have not seen any moves through the Mount Pleasant area.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I didn't mean to say they are currently in paper service, just they used to be as IBT cars. And it was just an educated guess.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Maybe they were inbound lumber for Letherer in Clare?
TC Man wrote:
AARR wrote:The two places I know of that use box cars are the bean plant in Ithaca and the lumber yard in Bates.
Yep I knew that, however AAScaleRunner reported these 2 cars on the inbound train to Cadillac yesterday, and then today they head right back south. The two GLC trains interchanged in Clare yesterday, so it they were for Ithaca, I doubt the Owosso-Clare crew would have given the cars to the Cadillac-Clare crew just to get them back the next day? Based on Raildude's Dad ("COER 171499 moved from industry to the yard Clare 1200, COER 150382 arrived Marion at 11:00 both on 2/3/17. They are "equipped' cars, old International Bridge and Terminal cars, paper service I'm assuming. Both are loads. Crab Orchard and Egyptian RR"), is there a new shipper around Clare or Marion?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ramblerdan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ramblerdan »

Saw those green box cars on the siding in Marion at M-66. Looks like Morgan Composting Dairy Doo was loading from their Marion warehouse right there.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

http://www.dairydoo.com/
ramblerdan wrote:Saw those green box cars on the siding in Marion at M-66. Looks like Morgan Composting Dairy Doo was loading from their Marion warehouse right there.

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

84 car pot ash train, picked up on CSX at Howell will be heading north towards Owosso prior to noon on Monday. GLC 393 leading, 385,398,390 trailing. First three facing north.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

In North Yard of Cadillac at 1545. Didn't hear them at all today. May have went north.