Michigan Shortline Updates September 2013

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Michigan Shortline Updates September 2013

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Patriot wrote:GRE --- Returning home lite.

Geez --- so much rail traffic in these parts today....am I in Chesterton?? :lol:
Bah! Missed them by all of two minutes. They were putting her away in the barn about 5 minutes later.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

I guess we will wait and find out what 4433's future will be! Let's hope "Scrapping" won't happen!!!!
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

A little late but heard on the scanner on my way home tonight that Z151 was dying At Wyoming at 19:00. They gave the RN back their EC1 so Y597 could head up to the west side. Not sure why they took so long in Wyoming. Heard them coming down before 17:00.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Tonight's southbound LSRC Z127 has for power the 3100, and the 3095 he has 48 cars of mixed freight. Leaving Saginaw.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Heads up Durand railfans you have a southbound HESR headed your way the 2028 solo and two cars both CH's.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

penn central wrote:Heads up Durand railfans you have a southbound HESR headed your way the 2028 solo and two cars both CH's.
If it were anyone else posting this I'd think this is a joke. I'd love to no the reason they are running a two car extra on a Sunday unless there are hot cars in Durand that need to go north but there is no power there so they are sending the engine down and whatever cars were around that were going on tomorrows train.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
penn central wrote:Heads up Durand railfans you have a southbound HESR headed your way the 2028 solo and two cars both CH's.
If it were anyone else posting this I'd think this is a joke. I'd love to no the reason they are running a two car extra on a Sunday unless there are hot cars in Durand that need to go north but there is no power there so they are sending the engine down and whatever cars were around that were going on tomorrows train.
Hello Don that was different from the normal they actually came out of the LSRC yard and went straight to Durand i didn't see what they took over to LSRC i caught them going by St Mary's Hospital going south maybe the G&W is trying different things to please the customers, By the way speaking of the LSRC the 3095 is up and running they now have 4 SD40's the 3095 is a ex Soo Line SD40 built in 1970.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

penn central wrote:
AARR wrote:
Hello Don that was different from the normal they actually came out of the LSRC yard and went straight to Durand i didn't see what they took over to LSRC i caught them going by St Mary's Hospital going south maybe the G&W is trying different things to please the customers, By the way speaking of the LSRC the 3095 is up and running they now have 4 SD40's the 3095 is a ex Soo Line SD40 built in 1970.
I heard that G&W hates to leave railcars dwelling on their lines. So even if there are only a few cars, the call might go out to run a train anyway. Lots of Saturday MQT trains of late. They used to just run those cars on Sunday...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

JDavis21835
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JDavis21835 »

AARR wrote:
This may also have something to do with track work going on in the Saginaw area right now. There has been quite a bit of work that I have seen from the old sugar factory in Carrollton north to the Bay City sugar plant. A lot of the work has been done between the short distance crossings. They have replaced a lot of short sections of jointed rail with longer sections. In most cases the rail now goes from crossing to crossing with no joints.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

Z127, CITX 3100, Leading, is at Bridgeport. 2300

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

HESR 740/702 job should be entering Durand within a few caught them in Saginaw about 8:15 power was 3866-2025 lots of pot ash cars in tow.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

LSRC Z127 has CITX 3100 Leading. They're between Saginaw and Bridgeport.
Also of note, HESR's 5086, 5175, 8905 and 5492 were all scrapped in Wenova yard.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

LSRC Z127 has CITX 3100 Leading. They're between Saginaw and Bridgeport.
Also of note, HESR's 5086, 5175, 8905 and 5492 were all scrapped in Wenova yard.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Evan wrote:LSRC Z127 has CITX 3100 Leading. They're between Saginaw and Bridgeport.
Bit late to the party on that one, kid.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Paul W wrote:HESR 740/702 job should be entering Durand within a few caught them in Saginaw about 8:15 power was 3866-2025 lots of pot ash cars in tow.

Where did the potash traffic come from?
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:
Paul W wrote:HESR 740/702 job should be entering Durand within a few caught them in Saginaw about 8:15 power was 3866-2025 lots of pot ash cars in tow.
Where did the potash traffic come from?
I am wondering too. There are quite a few places in and around (including the thumb) Saginaw that can accept large blocks of fertilizer.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

GLC 397 arr TVC at 1102 with one MOW flat and one loaded centerbeam

GLC 397 SB TVC at 1325 with one MOW flat, one MT box, and one MT centerbeam.

I expect that the flat will be spotted at the Keystone substation for tie loading.

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

My bad! Meant to say empty fly ash from Alpena was on the 702/740 yesterday 41 total. caught the 740 again today same power 30ish cars total.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

Ann Arbor RR . s.b. OS Pontiac Trail Road North of Ann Arbor, MI @ 0845 on 9/19/2013. Power is: AA 2368, 2370.

Patriot
Leonard St. Tower Operator

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE --- westbound over Leonard/Plainfield at 12:50 with a total of 9 cars, consisting of 7 CHs (guessing 5 from King) and two tankers.
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.