Michigan Shortlines May 2015

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Re: Michigan Shortlines May 2015

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Patriot wrote:GRE --- EB Leonard at 8:30 with 23 CHs.
Stalled between Plymouth and Maryland as of 0858

MrRail
White Creek Flat Car

Unread post by MrRail »

GRE 9:22 Alta Dale Crossing coming into Ada. And don't forget
MQT3001 wrote:
Woah. I'm suprised King hasn't bought the GRE for themselves. They're pretty much the only customer! :lol:
MMRR also services Amway....
Anything can be fixed with WD40 and ductape......... Right?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MrRail wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Woah. I'm suprised King hasn't bought the GRE for themselves. They're pretty much the only customer! :lol:
And don't forget MMRR also services Amway....

You think I don't know that? It was implied by "pretty much the only customer" :lol:

They also service the C&M, Poly Precision, and American Wire. But King is now 90% of the business. :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

GLC left Cadillac at 1000 towards Clare with 1 empty centerbeam, 3 empty coke hoppers, 4 empty tie hoppers and 17 sand hoppers.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

cnw8835 wrote:
Stalled between Plymouth and Maryland as of 0858
Geez, I'm surprised they made it that far.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

MMRR 2019 south through Grand Haven at 11:00 with 2 box, 2 tanks (webb), 8 sand cars (Berry) and 5 tanks from brinks. 17 total for Holland this afternoon. I forgot they ran Daylight the day after Memorial day, they caught me off guard this morning. Dispatcher gave 34.5 to south Harlem to a maintainer until 1, so they should be headed north shortly after.

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

I took the daughter to Alma on Saturday for the Highland Festival. Bear Truss in St. Louis had two loaded centerbeams. MAC in Breckenridge was empty. There was one boxcar on the siding in Breckenridge. There were no tank cars at Northwest Energy. There were five covered hoppers at the CPS fertilizer plant on the east end of the MAC facility between Breckenridge and Wheeler. There were also eight of what looked to be the SGVY beet hoppers behind the beet transfer station on the west side of Wheeler.
Last edited by pbmaxno15 on Wed May 27, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

pbmaxno15 wrote:There were also eight of what looked to be the SGVY beet hoppers behind the beet transfer station on the west side of Wheeler.
When did MMRR start shipping sugar beets?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:
pbmaxno15 wrote:There were also eight of what looked to be the SGVY beet hoppers behind the beet transfer station on the west side of Wheeler.
BEETS ME! :twisted:
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TC Man wrote:
AARR wrote:
BEETS ME! :twisted:
:lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

GLC 396 and 395 return to Cadillac at 1615 with 3 tank cars, 11 sand hoppers, 16 loads of ties, 1 full centerbeam and 2 lp tanks. Is there a housing boom in TC with all the lumber this past week?

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

MMRR 2019 back north at the bridge at 2:30. Bridge inspector cleared them past and they continued north. They had 16 sand cars, 1 tank, 3 boxes and 5 more tanks bringing up the rear. 25 total for Muskegon.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:GLC 396 and 395 return to Cadillac at 1615 with 3 tank cars, 11 sand hoppers, 16 loads of ties, 1 full centerbeam and 2 lp tanks. Is there a housing boom in TC with all the lumber this past week?
Several large scale high density projects (condo/department developments, entire new subdivisions, etc. So yes, there sure is! Plus, Amerihart distributes to all over the north half of the lower peninsula.

Last Friday GLC brought up a center beam and bulkhead flat. Amerihart unloaded the centerbeam and GLC took that car with them and left the other flat.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TC Man wrote:Amerihart unloaded the centerbeam and GLC took that car with them and left the other flat.
Apparently the demurrage on centerbeams is high so if the crew has time they wait for them to unload and take it back with them.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Same GDLK out bounds at the GRE, CSX picked up the empties and left 2? CR Construction working in Lowell.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AANscaleRunner wrote:GLC 396 and 395 return to Cadillac with 1 full centerbeam . Is there a housing boom in TC with all the lumber this past week?
Anyone see if this centerbeam is headed to TC today?

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Pixl wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:GLC 396 and 395 return to Cadillac with 1 full centerbeam . Is there a housing boom in TC with all the lumber this past week?
Anyone see if this centerbeam is headed to TC today?
They moved from Selma Yard to North Yard around 0900. 396 was spotted south of Tenth St next to the snow plow when I drove past at 0915. Assuming 395 went north.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

[quote="AANscaleRunner" I drove past at 0915. Assuming 395 went north.[/quote]

They were here in TC. Fresh flange grooves all over town. I went out to Amerihart about 1330 but missed them. A fully loaded centerbeam was the only rail equipment in the yard. 395 and the bulkhead flat were gone.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Grand elk south at 44th st in grand rapids.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

GRE crew going on duty. Looks like few inbound Kings and Amways and maybe the same few outbounds for GDLK