Grafietii on side of UP SD90/43MAC!

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Grafietii on side of UP SD90/43MAC!

Unread post by Railzfan »

Image This SD90/43MAC obviously sat in one place a little too long. I was so surprised to see a class 1 locomotive with grafietii on it like this one. This unit was one of two SD90’s on this 120+ car loaded unit coal train headed east. :D

If the picture does not show up please click here:http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/disp ... at=0&pos=0
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Here's the image. I've seen pictures of a UP GP38 with MUCH worse Graffitti than this. Nice shot though:

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Graffiti on UP units

Unread post by Aleks »

I shot UP 4523 at Jackson 2 Thursday's ago that had been tagged pretty good. Light was not great on this side at that time of the morning but I couldn't stay and wait for it to swing around. See phot I just posted Aleks Michigan album.[/img]

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Hey Aleks give me a shout when you come to Jackson maybe I can meet up with you

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Aleks »

Unfortunatly that was a rare business trip to a company we supply there. I stopped there last May on my way to Fort Wayne, St. Louis and finally Kansas City. Jackson is about a 5 to 6 hour drive so it's a good spot to stop on my way to more distant locations. Most of my business trips have me going to Romulus, Livonia, Van Dyke, Flint and Bay City when I go to Michigan. I either stay in Canton or Bay City. Canton puts me between the diamond at Plymouth, Wayne and Romulus and of course Bay City is obvious with a stop usually at the walk bridge over the south end of the yard at Saginaw. But if I head Jackson way again I'll ley you know.

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Passing through, will do a pit stop into Jackson

Unread post by Aleks »

I'm on my way to St. Louis on Monday.
Will stop into Jackson on my way sometime in the afternoon.
I'll stopping over night in Fort Wayne.
If your around I'll be shooting the power that might be laying around in the yard and if timing works out maybe catch an Amtrak.
Don't know if I have the latest schedule, what time do they show up during the afternoon?
I'll be leaving here around 10:00am which should put me into Jackson around 2 to 3pm.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

I will be at work until 4:30 So i will probably miss you.
AMTK is due 12:43 pm for 350
due 1:24 pm for 353
BJ01 should be working the yard or around town, also camper cars are parked in the yard as they are replacing ties in the yard.
38J normaly heads east toward Ann Arbor / Wayne around noon.
B16? heads west to Albion around 1:00 pm.
if you have a scanner 160.800 road channel
161.07 yard channel.
Are you doing any fanning in Fort Wayne northern Indiana?

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Fort Wayne

Unread post by Aleks »

Depends when I get there Monday and how long it takes at the customer's in the morning.
I have to make it to St. Louis Tuesday night and Effingham is along the way. Indy's too big to just drop into along the way and St. Louis has lots to offer.

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Fort Wayne

Unread post by Aleks »

Any good spots near the interstate or is it best to go into town.
Last time I just wandered in and followed a couple of Triple Crown trucks figuring they would be heading to the yard.
Sure enough they did and I was able to shoot the unit for the Fort Wayne shortline (can't remember their name at the moment)
Then I wandered over a found the main line in a not so nice part of town between the yard and the wye that the Triple Crowns take to get to their yard.
Is there a good safe spot I can go for an hour or two that's easy to get to in that area?

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Havent been to Fort Wayne yet but here is a site.
http://www.trainweb.org/fwarailfan/fortwayne_rail.htm

Also if you go down I69 you will cross over the busy NS Chicago line.
you can get off at 6 by Waterloo/Corunna. Waterloo is about a mile to the east.
Corunna with a bridge over the tracks 7 mile to the west both safe areas should be busy late in the day through the night. The rd in Corunna is 327
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... ZZwKF4M%3d

About 7 miles south of there is the busy CSX B&O line at Auburn to the east. Garret to the west.

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for the tips.

Unread post by Aleks »

Looks like Waterloo could be the best spot as there is a station according to the Fort Wayne web site you gave me.
Auburn looks like a good spot to check as well, but if NS is busy, probably won't make it to Auburn before the end of daylight.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Even worse grafietii on side of UP SD70M!

Unread post by Railzfan »

On my last visit to Rochelle I saw a UP SD70M with a lot worse grafietii that the one at the top of this page. The entire Union Pacific was gone, it looked as of it had been repainted many times! Very ugly! :D

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... ?pos=-6971
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Aleks how was your trip? did you get to see any trains?

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Trip to St. Louis

Unread post by Aleks »

Ya, caught 2 CSX trains in the rain at Terre Haute, 4 UP freights at Kirkwood, 2 BNSF trains along the BNSF between St. Louis and Quincy. Power only at Monroe City and Quincy. 2 NS freights on the ex Wabash between Springfield and Hanibal. The State House on the UP at Bloomfield as well as a pair of NS SD40-2's running light engines on their line. UP and LTEX units that are posted in my gallery and the Ann Rutledge at Dwight on the UP, also posted.
Most of my shots are slide film. I shoot digital on stopped stuff or slow moving.