Pan Am RR for sale

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Pan Am RR for sale

Unread post by penn central »

Thank goodness i got out to Massachusetts in 2014 and again in 2016 to railfan the Pan Am from Millers Falls Massachusetts the interchange with the New England Central and XO tower in Mechanicville NY there's a lot of speculation as to who the buyer will be it's gonna be interesting.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Pan Am RR for sale

Unread post by AARR »

I hope they change the name. IMO worst name for a railroad ever.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DaveO »

AARR wrote:I hope they change the name. IMO worst name for a railroad ever.
Well the rich owner bought the Pan Am name and if he didn't use it, that could cause the trademark protection to be lost.
Let us not forget his creation of the Springfield Terminal in order to bust the unions.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Guilford had really nothing to do with the railroads either. Ive heard Mellon named it after his hometown in Connecticut.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I've heard the whole reason from the change to Guilford to Pan Am was basically a rebranding scheme since the Guilford name had kinda taken on a negative reputation.

Needless to say I think it was just putting makeup on a pig.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

MQT1223 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 pm
I've heard the whole reason from the change to Guilford to Pan Am was basically a rebranding scheme since the Guilford name had kinda taken on a negative reputation.

Needless to say I think it was just putting makeup on a pig.
Lipstick on a pig. Lipstick.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Interesting development in the last couple days. A freshly painted GP40-2W number 507 was released from the shop in Guilford Rail System paint everyone seems baffled as to what's going on. I like it myself i would go out there but with this COVID 19 stuff i don't know if that would be a good idea.