E&LS RR yard, Green Bay, WI

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

E&LS RR yard, Green Bay, WI

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Does the E&LS RR have a train yard in Green Bay, WI? Its so, where is exactly located. If no E&LS RR tard in Green bay, located. Where a long train yarded in GB?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: E&LS RR yard, Green Bay, WI

Unread post by AARR »

AFAIK E&LS uses one of CN's Green Bay yards to exchange cars. They don't have a yard of their own that I'm aware of.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Yes, ELS interchanges with CN in CN's Green Bay Yard, which is near the Howard/Green Bay border, or where I-41 and I-43 meet. There is a small industrial yard north of there in Howard, with a track over to the ELS line.

chriiis
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chriiis »

The EL&S (nee-MILW) used to have the Oakland Ave yard, its north end is at 5th St and 11th Ave. It was abandoned in the late 90's, about the same time that WC absorbed the GBW, FVW, and that section of the UP (nee-CNW)