Fort Worth Hilton Homewood Suites right on a UP main

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Fort Worth Hilton Homewood Suites right on a UP main

Unread post by TC Man »

Just booked a trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth for some building inspections over 5 days. I always try to find my favorite Hilton chain hotels somewhat near railroad watching areas, but I think I hit the jackpot with the Homewood Suites on Charlie Lane in Ft. Worth. Literally on the UP main (looks like at a transition from 3 to 5 tracks, and a signal cantilever right there! And with Hilton, you choose your room on their app, so I'll be choosing an upper with track view. Right down the track from a diamond ("tower 55"). Appears to be a quite heavily used main. Some of the trip advisor reviews mention "exceptional train watching from the outdoor pool/garden area", "steady stream of freight and passenger trains, yet super sound proof in the rooms".

And from the road (Google Earth street view, so not even in the parking lot), you can see a train going by:

CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fort Worth Hilton Homewood Suites right on a UP main

Unread post by TC Man »

TC Man wrote:Just booked a trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth for some building inspections over 5 days. I always try to find my favorite Hilton chain hotels somewhat near railroad watching areas, but I think I hit the jackpot with the Homewood Suites on Charlie Lane in Ft. Worth. Literally on the UP main (looks like at a transition from 3 to 5 tracks, and a signal cantilever right there! And with Hilton, you choose your room on their app, so I'll be choosing an upper with track view. Right down the track from a diamond ("tower 55"). Appears to be a quite heavily used main. Some of the trip advisor reviews mention "exceptional train watching from the outdoor pool/garden area", "steady stream of freight and passenger trains, yet super sound proof in the rooms".

And from the road (Google Earth street view, so not even in the parking lot), you can see a train going by:

Following up on this- I picked a 4th floor room overlooking the main lines and also the single track crossing these tracks. VERY steady stream of trains (appears to be a UP main, but then there were plenty of NS and BNSF locos on the trains as well). Even from the pool, perfect view of the rail traffic.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.