Teens 'subway surfing' on a NY commuter train

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Teens 'subway surfing' on a NY commuter train

Unread post by Garry K »

From http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/01/19/ ... t=slh&or=8:
Teens spotted 'subway surfing' on back of New York commuter train
By Ben Hooper | Jan. 19, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Jan. 19 (UPI) -- A New York subway rider captured cellphone footage of three teenagers "subway surfing" by clinging to the back of a train as it departed a station.

Alexander Campos, who posted the video to Facebook, said he was at the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station in the Bronx about 4 p.m. Tuesday when he spotted the teens climbing onto the back of the train and holding on as it departed.

"We see a bunch of kids like trying to squeeze into the train and then they realize they can't fit in so instead of waiting for the next train to come they decide to get on the back of the train," Campos told WPIX-TV.

"I'm like they're stupid," he said. "Why are they getting on the back of the train, they could fall off."

Three children were photographed pulling off a similar stunt at a Manhattan subway station in March 2005.

"Stupidity knows no bounds," MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz said at the time.

The MTA said it is looking into the latest incident.
I like the last line, "The MTA is looking into the latest incident"! I wonder how frequently they have such incidents?

Garry K

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Teens 'subway surfing' on a NY commuter train

Unread post by 12Bridge »

This crap happens EVERY DAY. Its just somebody shot it and put it on facebook.