Man "Terrorizes" Neighbors with Air Horn

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Man "Terrorizes" Neighbors with Air Horn

Unread post by Garry K »

Interesting story at http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 84385.html about a man (although after viewing the mugshot I'm not so sure if it's not a space alien instead!) who would blow his car-mounted air horn at night.
Man Accused of Terrorizing El Segundo Residents With Air Horn
"He's been doing this for weeks, and we've been chasing him for weeks — but we got him"
By Heather Navarro

An air horn that sounds like a train has been terrorizing the residents of El Segundo for weeks, but police in the Southern California city have just arrested a man in connection with the noise — with air horn equipment inside his car, they say.

The bust came early Sunday at 4 a.m. — around the time many of the alarmingly loud incidents would occur.

"The sound is like a train coming through the neighborhood," said El Segundo Police Lt. Ray Garcia.

The noise has been plaguing residents on the west side of the city for weeks. Police have received numerous reports of an extremely loud air horn going off before residents spot (sic) a getaway car, a blue four-door sedan driven by a man.

[...]

Garcia said the air horn aggravator has been sounding his horn almost every single night.

"He's been doing this for weeks, and we've been chasing him for weeks — but we got him," Garcia said.
Garry K

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Man "Terrorizes" Neighbors with Air Horn

Unread post by AARR »

A few years ago someone in the Romeo area had one and would blow it now and then. Once while riding my bike on the Macomb Orchard Trail (old GTW Romeo Sub) and dreaming of trains that once used this ROW he was driving by and blew his train horn and for a millisecond I really thought a train was coming even though there are no tracks :oops: :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: Man "Terrorizes" Neighbors with Air Horn

Unread post by SousaKerry »

This was a fun day at work at about 6:00 in the evening. This horn is now mounted to SMRS 75

https://youtu.be/RYKJnGpTZgw
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"